United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:08 PM
puressence

Martial for that 3rd what a @#%&!. Anyhow can’t speak it’s done

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Something battered would be appropriate after today, surely?
haddock. after our captain.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:10 PM
armchair

That was worse than city or pool.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:14 PM
AK14

The holiday worked wonders

Well done to every single one of them

Slaps on backs all round.

If he stays until the end of the season I reckon he’d get us close to relegation… and I’m not £#%&!ing joking.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The holiday worked wonders

Well done to every single one of them

Slaps on backs all round.

If he stays until the end of the season I reckon he’d get us close to relegation… and I’m not £#%&!ing joking.
We’re already closer to the bottom than the top.

We’ve lost as many as we’ve won too.

Shows you what a load of £#%&!ing %@#$&!s that unbeaten run of ours was too.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:17 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Martial for that 3rd what a @#%&!. Anyhow can’t speak it’s done
He's no marlo that's for sure

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:22 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Bruno getting moody with the away support there?
He was interviews by Bein. They said the United fans were swearing at Ole when he clapped them. So he was saying it's the whole teams fault, not just Ole.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Shows you what a load of £#%&!ing %@#$&!s that unbeaten run of ours was too.
No, it really doesn't. Back then we were actually quite good, even if not as brilliant as some claimed.

Its almost as if Ole bottling the Europa final like he did has cursed him - and us.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
No, it really doesn't. Back then we were actually quite good, even if not as brilliant as some claimed.

Its almost as if Ole bottling the Europa final like he did has cursed him - and us.
We really weren't good. We shit@#%&!ed our way through the vast majority of the games.

You could count the good performances where we looked like a well coached team for the majority of the game on one hand.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Yes it really does, because 90% of it happened when there were no fans. It’s the sort of run you’d associate with a truly great team. It’s an all time top flight record ffs. It happened, so credit to them, but it didn’t actually reflect any progress or serious quality of the group. It was full of skin-of-your teeth comebacks and you never thought “wow, we look unbeatable away”. We just kept pulling them out of the fire, you’d look up and it was 10 games, 15 games….but did it ever really feel like anything?

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
We really weren't good. We shit@#%&!ed our way through the vast majority of the games.

You could count the good performances where we looked like a well coached team for the majority of the game on one hand.
No, this is revisionism and I will die on that hill.

Nobody "shit@#%&!s" their way to 30 unbeaten away PL games in a row. It is simply not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes it really does, because 90% of it happened when there were no fans. It’s the sort of run you’d associate with a truly great team. It’s an all time top flight record ffs. It happened, so credit to them, but it didn’t actually reflect any progress or serious quality of the group. As we’re seeing now.
No, what we are seeing now is that we have gone totally shit. For whatever reason (or almost certainly, combination of reasons)

That terrible run at the start of the 1986/87 season that got Atkinson sacked didn't show how good he "really" was either.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:32 PM
Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He was interviews by Bein. They said the United fans were swearing at Ole when he clapped them. So he was saying it's the whole teams fault, not just Ole.
Whilst true, he picks the players and sets the tactics, what a ridiculous argument. Ole should be dropping out of form players like Bruno, Maguire DDG, Shaw, AWB, etc.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Nobody "shit@#%&!s" their way to 30 unbeaten away PL games in a row. It is simply not possible.

No, what we are seeing now is that we have gone totally shit. For whatever reason (or almost certainly, combination of reasons)

That terrible run at the start of the 1986/87 season that got Atkinson sacked didn't show how good he "really" was either.
Sure you can. All it would take is one of the scabby draws to be a defeat and nobody would care or remember anything about us.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:33 PM
Patty_b

The high 5 says it all.

No respect, no standards, no repercussions.

"You got yourself sent off did you captain after being a silly shit #@&%! when we're chasing a deficit? Oh well, it happens, give me 5..."

Should've been staring right past the £#%&!er as he trudged passed and then getting a battering in the dressing room after.

They're going to to get hands in pockets, a couple of shrugs and the odd eye roll or two, and get to told to forget about it and move forward.

Absolute joke.

If that's the relationship between player and manager, it's no wonder that we approach the games in the way we do. Soft with absolutely zero standards.

What we need is the last thing the board are going to want to get. What a shitty situation.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:34 PM
red in cumbria

Whatever, couldn't stay silent after the latest horror but I'm going back into hibernation now

Wake me up when he is actually sacked.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

No, that’s a different argument. I’m not saying we haven’t got worse, because we clearly have. My point is that it’s a load of %@#$&!s because it’s the kind of run you’d associate with a much better team, something you’d associate with progress. It’s a top flight record! Think of how many great teams down the years have failed to do it, so we either managed it because we met that kind of standard or it was some odd anomaly, not reflective of what we actually are. Ie, a load of %@#$&!s,

Quote:
Whatever, couldn't stay silent after the latest horror but I'm going back into hibernation now

Wake me up when he is actually sacked.
Kinda hope he stays now.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:36 PM
20LEgend1999

Can't remember, but didn't he also not say a word to Maguire as he went past? I can't understand how in that moment somebody could control their anger towards a players who has just plunged us (and the manager himself) further into the shit.

As Keane once put it "I am disgusted with it. Maguire? I'd be swinging punches at that guy."

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:37 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
The high 5 says it all.

No respect, no standards, no repercussions.

"You got yourself sent off did you captain after being a silly shit #@&%! when we're chasing a deficit? Oh well, it happens, give me 5..."

Should've been staring right past the £#%&!er as he trudged passed and then getting a battering in the dressing room after.

They're going to to get hands in pockets, a couple of shrugs and the odd eye roll or two, and get to told to forget about it and move forward.

Absolute joke.

If that's the relationship between player and manager, it's no wonder that we approach the games in the way we do. Soft with absolutely zero standards.

What we need is the last thing the board are going to want to get. What a shitty situation.

Shock horror no posts slagging off The Scottish Player for that disgraceful 45 minute performance...

Imagine if it was pogba or Fred...

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

Enjoyed that.

‘Operation: Season flush’ is certainly going well isn’t it.

Unread 20-11-2021, 06:40 PM
20LEgend1999