United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
As I said before, if the City away game shows how we can collapse, and the Chelsea away game shows how meekly we can lose even when playing okay, then the Liverpool and Arsenal games, as well as Chelsea at home, show that Moyes can set up a side that could well go deep into the CL this season. And if the players do get their confidence up then the Leverkusen games show what might be achieved
Ffs, now he thinks we can win the Champion's League! Throb is like the Fred version of McMurphy after he gets lobotomized in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Tbh, I'd rather not win the European Cup if it means we're going to play this kind of shit-on-a-stick football all the way to Lisbon. In '68, '99 and '08 we conquered Europe playing the United way, and were the most exciting side in Europe on all three occasions. £#%&! winning it with Moyes' defensive clogging shite. We're not Liverpool or Chelsea, ffs.

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
like every time they play together, then.
yeah including that time when they passed to each other 3 times in the entire game all from kick-offs

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:20 PM
wiganste

Quote:
People have been saying the season's a write-off for a while now. So how about looking at each game in its own right then now for the rest of the season?

Last night's game was dull, but there were some good aspects. The players were clearly playing for the manager for one. There were some good opening created for RvP by Mata and by Rooney - Rooney and RvP actually showed a couple of top class interchanges which was promising. Carrick looked far better than he has recently and Cleverley had a decent game and battled very well - United put in a very good physical effort and got plenty of challenges in on Arsenal. They also closed them down quickly - much more like a United side in one of these big matches.

As I said before, if the City away game shows how we can collapse, and the Chelsea away game shows how meekly we can lose even when playing okay, then the Liverpool and Arsenal games, as well as Chelsea at home, show that Moyes can set up a side that could well go deep into the CL this season. And if the players do get their confidence up then the Leverkusen games show what might be achieved
This guy

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
This guy
compelled to reply but nothing to say

classic wiganste

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Awful stuff, once again. Criminal misuse of Mata trying to force him into that formation, with those tactics. Moyes is so incompetent that he can't figure out a system which includes our four best attacking players. Shocking. At one point I felt pity for the man, now I just feel genuine hatred towards him. The whole thing is utterly farcical and a joke.
Even after Mourinho had basically called Mata a shit@#%&! and ostracised him from the line-up at Chelsea, he still got more out of him than we've managed so far. I have no idea why people think a manager who can't get anything like the best out of the players he has will suddenly get the best out of new players he buys. If everyone at the club thinks he's a @#%&!, chances are players who arrive will too.

The way van Persie just waved his right foot at that second chance last night. Couldn't be less arsed

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:29 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Even after Mourinho had basically called Mata a shit@#%&! and ostracised him from the line-up at Chelsea, he still got more out of him than we've managed so far. I have no idea why people think a manager who can't get anything like the best out of the players he has will suddenly get the best out of new players he buys. If everyone at the club thinks he's a @#%&!, chances are players who arrive will too.

The way van Persie just waved his right foot at that second chance last night. Couldn't be less arsed
I agree, RVP's beginning to really irritate me though. He's on £200k + a £#%&!ing week the soft @#%&!. I want Moyes out as much as the rest of us but its uncomfortable to me for any player to be exercising his bottom lip in such a tway.

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I agree, RVP's beginning to really irritate me though. He's on £200k + a £#%&!ing week the soft @#%&!. I want Moyes out as much as the rest of us but its uncomfortable to me for any player to be exercising his bottom lip in such a tway.
Course it is, but remember that's how we managed to get the magnificent bastard in the first place.

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
RvP is a @#%&!, nqat. Always has been. But put him in a good side and you soon won't give a £#%&!.

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

you mean apart from the 3 assists in 3 games i take it

split the arsenal defence for RvP as well last night iirc

carry on though.

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:

carry on though.
£#%&! off with that shit. 2 assists. Young's goal against Cardiff was assisted by nobody ffs.

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:

carry on though.
Scored at the Emirates for Chelsea this season.

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&! off with that shit. 2 assists. Young's goal against Cardiff was assisted by nobody ffs.
And the Fulham one was a mis hit shot...

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah and the one at the weekend was a miss-hit shot that found it's way to Van Persie
Assist stats are some of the biggest half truths in football

The one against Stoke was a good pass but how anyone can think he has made a good start to his Utd career and has played well in any game so far is beyond me

Just looks like a repeat of the Kagawa debacle all over again. A player with very little pace or power who thrives on a short passing game being played on the wing with usually no one within 20 yards of him :shakehead:

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

carry on though.
Now Throb, do you expect us to forget how you feel about the use of the assist stat?

Unread 13-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Yeah and the one at the weekend was a miss-hit shot that found it's way to Van Persie

The one against Stoke was a good pass but how anyone can think he has made a good start to his Utd career and has played well in any game so far is beyond me

Just looks like a repeat of the Kagawa debacle all over again. A player with very little pace or power who thrives on a short passing game being played on the wing with usually no one within 20 yards of him :shakehead:

sadly very true

mata would do well under a different manager playing a different way . Poor @#%&! - hed have been better off going on loan somewhere

Unread 13-02-2014, 02:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Just like watching a slower Kagawa with a magnificent, but wasted, left foot.

Unread 13-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Now Throb, do you expect us to forget how you feel about the use of the assist stat?

Unread 13-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

try this then you miserable £#%&!ers:

it's not Moyes' fault that Rooney and Van Persie have to be played in virtually every game they're fit and available for

and it's not his fault that Kagawa has been at United nearly two seasons and hasn't settled either really. he's given him some games in his best position, but even though he's done okay he hasn't been able to make the team tick. Rooney is the default option there and that won't change - if Van Persie does go in the summer then a top class striker will be brought in and Rooney will still be allowed to dominate the way the attack operates just as he has been this season.

easy to say Moyes should just drop one or both of them or change their positions. not so easy to do it and keep them onside.

Unread 13-02-2014, 03:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
try this then you miserable £#%&!ers:

it's not Moyes' fault that Rooney and Van Persie have to be played in virtually every game they're fit and available for

and it's not his fault that Kagawa has been at United nearly two seasons and hasn't settled either really. he's given him some games in his best position, but even though he's done okay he hasn't been able to make the team tick. Rooney is the default option there and that won't change - if Van Persie does go in the summer then a top class striker will be brought in and Rooney will still be allowed to dominate the way the attack operates just as he has been this season.

easy to say Moyes should just drop one or both of them or change their positions. not so easy to do it and keep them onside.
Why?

Unread 13-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Yep, throb is right. It's not the job of the manager to make tough decisions for the benefit of the team.

Not moyes fault. Think of what people might say.

Ycnmiu