United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Well it appears that the difference in opinion here is that with exactly the same squad, Rogers or poch would have lingard and co playing sweet music against Ole’s stuttering um pah pah.

And the difference would be so great to justify booting a bloke that’s been in the job just 12 months.

With Rodgers Leicester being described as one of the worst teams city have played by my Bertie mates. And poch being a perennial nearly man.

Ok

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Well it appears that the difference in opinion here is that with exactly the same squad, Rogers or poch would have lingard and co playing sweet music against Ole’s stuttering um pah pah.

And the difference would be so great to justify booting a bloke that’s been in the job just 12 months.

With Rodgers Leicester being described as one of the worst teams city have played by my Bertie mates. And poch being a perennial nearly man.

Ok

Yeah we gave them a great game the other night

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:44 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Poch in the summer according to all the rumours.
Ole out because he's never won trophies

Poch in because .........

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:45 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Ok
This is the key point for me (Jeff), if the choice back in the summer had been between Rodgers, Poch and Ole then I would have had Solskjaer third of three. But the trade-off required now to throw away some good work and start again with managers that come with big question marks of their own just don't seem worth it.

No matter who the manager is now there will be no big overhaul, LVG wasted that card and with reduced revenues for us as we now a Europa League outfit the best we can hope for is one marquee a window or a couple of relatively expensive young players. Granted the football might be better under a new manager but we'll still be a lightweight squad predominantly made up of shit@#%&!s on astronomical wages that no-one else wants.

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah we gave them a great game the other night
And We beat them at their place with our full team

Please don’t think you’re scoring points by pointing out how poor we’ve been at times. We have. And so have a lot of teams around us with far more settled squads. Rodgers doing well at Leicester shouldn’t mean ole being sacked and replaced by Rodgers at united.

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Ok
Again Keith mate, strawman stuff re Lingard. I don’t know anybody on here or IRL that thinks he’s a player.

I do however think both of the managers you mention would improve the football at United because they are superior coaches to the man at our helm.

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
And We beat them at their place with our full team

Please don’t think you’re scoring points by pointing out how poor we’ve been at times. We have. And so have a lot of teams around us with far more settled squads. Rodgers doing well at Leicester shouldn’t mean ole being sacked and replaced by Rodgers at united.
I couldn't give two shits about rodgers. Our manager has been in charge for 40 games and lost 19 of them, that's abysmal and if his name wasn't ole gunnar solksjaer you'd be baffled as to why the £#%&! we employed him to begin with.

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:02 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I couldn't give two shits about rodgers. Our manager has been in charge for 40 games and lost 19 of them, that's abysmal and if his name wasn't ole gunnar solksjaer you'd be baffled as to why the £#%&! we employed him to begin with.
Absolutely spot on.

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:07 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Absolutely spot on.
Absolutely spot on. Aside from the fact he's been in charge of 64 games, not 40, and we've lost 18 of them, not 19. Apart from that though, bang on the money as usual!

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
This is the key point for me (Jeff), if the choice back in the summer had been between Rodgers, Poch and Ole then I would have had Solskjaer third of three. But the trade-off required now to throw away some good work and start again with managers that come with big question marks of their own just don't seem worth it.

No matter who the manager is now there will be no big overhaul, LVG wasted that card and with reduced revenues for us as we now a Europa League outfit the best we can hope for is one marquee a window or a couple of relatively expensive young players. Granted the football might be better under a new manager but we'll still be a lightweight squad predominantly made up of shit@#%&!s on astronomical wages that no-one else wants.
I don't think Pochettino has absolutely massive question marks, not in terms of what we're actually looking for now. I know OMG NO TROPHIES and that but what we really want short to medium term is to be comfortable in our skins and at least looking like getting into the champions league most years, makes it easier to get the players you want etc.

But yes yet another £#%&!ing manager change and more instability is a pretty depressing prospect. It's pretty well forced on us though because much as I love Ole and always will, this is one £#%&!ing awful job and needs someone pretty special. And it's not his fault, but it isn't really him is it. Wish it was with all my heart, but it's not. £#%&! everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Absolutely spot on. Aside from the fact he's been in charge of 64 games, not 40, and we've lost 18 of them, not 19. Apart from that though, bang on the money as usual!

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:16 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Sorry, the football is still £#%&!ing awful We still have the same issues we have had under Van Gaal and Mourinho. A team who do not look like they are coached, and struggle if teams just let us have the ball, as we struggle to create openings.
Well exactly. So it would seem that it's not just down to the manager then if we've had the same issues with three different managers over 5 years.

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:18 PM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Past your bedtime

dunk

Quote:
Past your bedtime

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:23 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I don't think Pochettino has absolutely massive question marks, not in terms of what we're actually looking for now. I know OMG NO TROPHIES and that but what we really want short to medium term is to be comfortable in our skins and at least looking like getting into the champions league most years, makes it easier to get the players you want etc.

But yes yet another £#%&!ing manager change and more instability is a pretty depressing prospect. It's pretty well forced on us though because much as I love Ole and always will, this is one £#%&!ing awful job and needs someone pretty special. And it's not his fault, but it isn't really him is it. Wish it was with all my heart, but it's not. £#%&! everything.

64 or 40 who cares? it's a shite record. Worse than Moyes.

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
64 or 40 who cares? it's a shite record. Worse than Moyes.
Well, it’s kind of a massive difference tbf. Or is maths not your strong point?

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well, it’s kind of a massive difference tbf. Or is maths not your strong point?
Hilarious! losing a third of our games is shite pal, whichever way you want to dress it up.
Love the insults btw.

Unread 21-01-2020, 09:38 PM
Sparky***

I was basing it entire off this tweet , I never actually bothered to check if it was true tbh

Closed Thread