United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:18 AM
£#%&! KFC

well if you can't make that one Cellic are plkaying in the San Siro the following night

nice try Poppy but there is as much chance of Keane managing United as there is of Thierry £#%&!in Henry winning the Champions League with Arsewipe

Roy who???

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:18 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Robson was never intelligent enough to make a great manager. A bit like Bobby Charlton.

Hughes is doing well but he's missing that certain je ne sais quoi a United manager needs.

In two or three years when Fergie calls it a day Keano will be the man. One of the few truly great players to go on and become a truly great manager in my honest opinion.
You can't call him a truly great manager yet. He still needs to get Sunderland promoted and then push on and make a real name for himself as a manager. No doubt he's doing everything right so far but there's a LONG way to go for him as a manager.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:19 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
well if you can't make that one Cellic are plkaying in the San Siro the following night

nice try Poppy but there is as much chance of Keane managing United as there is of Thierry £#%&!in Henry winning the Champions League with Arsewipe

Roy who???
'Scuse me?

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:21 AM
£#%&! KFC

great player but we are well £#%&!in rid...as this season has demonstrated

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:22 AM
poppy

No I'm not saying he's a great manager yet. But for a first season he's doing amazingly well. How long has Hughsey been managing now? I do know he's not won a sausage (and that's not to belittle his achievements).

Quote:
the Premiership's greatest ever player, the greatest player in United's greatest ever side
I don't think those two points are exaggerated at all.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:24 AM
£#%&! KFC

oh and a couple of more things Ploppy...Henry is the greatest ever Premiership player remember

Keane was a fantastic player for us....up to a point, but thanks anyway

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:25 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
No I'm not saying he's a great manager yet. But for a first season he's doing amazingly well. How long has Hughsey been managing now? I do know he's not won a sausage (and that's not to belittle his achievements).

I don't think those two points are exaggerated at all.
Those two points are spot on for my money but others will disagree. Certainly not an exaggeration though. (The part about him being a truly great manager is extremely premature though)

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:38 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
oh and a couple of more things Ploppy...Henry is the greatest ever Premiership player remember

Keane was a fantastic player for us....up to a point, but thanks anyway

So somebody does remember!

poppy's a wum.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Coracao

At the moment Hughes has far more credentials for the job.

The shit he has taken over at Blackburn, he has transformed into a solid outfit who are difficult to beat. They may not be much to watch, but he has by far exceeded expecations of a team who may well have been relegated at the time. He also nearly qualfied Wales for an international tournament.

Keane has taken over a team in shit, and spent quite a bit of money and they may get promoted. If Keane gets sunderland up, and then builds on that, then he may have a chance.

Currently, Hughes is way ahead.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:47 AM
£#%&! KFC

Coracao imo Hughes will ALWAYS be ahead of Keane, for all sorts of reasons, and good point re Wales the footballing goldfish seem to have forgotten that

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:49 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Coracao imo Hughes will ALWAYS be ahead of Keane, for all sorts of reasons, and good point re Wales the footballing goldfish seem to have forgotten that
I hope you don't think I'm a 'footballing goldfish' too.

Of course at the moment Hughes is way ahead of Keane for the job.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:51 AM
£#%&! KFC

no I don't Fiddy....otherwise your user name would be Billy the Fish

Unread 05-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Spiffy

Keane was a good player but imho was overrated. Some people just seemed to sing his praises no matter how well he did. An example of this is happening again with people telling us what a great manager he is. He's not done anything Iain Dowie didn't do, or Keegan or even Howard Wilkinson. Let him get Sunderland in the top flight and win the league within 2 years then you can compare him to Wilkinson. Although Wilkinson won the league on a budget, Keane will be given plenty of money. Keane has an awful lot to prove still so don't get carried away just yet.

Unread 05-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Keane was a good player but imho was overrated.
Keane was the best player to play in the premiership.

I know this is hard for you to accept

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:03 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
I'm a big Keane fan but I can't see him returning to United whilst the Glazers remain in control.
You're not trying to make out that he's some working class principled type are you Riverside? Or that his move away from United was motivated by the Glazers being the new owners?

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
By far the Premiership's greatest ever player, the greatest player in United's greatest ever side, about to produce the greatest managerial feat (in his first season) of the last decade.

The next United manager.

Nailed on.
As a player nowhere near as good as Robbo..but cannot be a worse manager so anything could happen.Happenstance?

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:07 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
You're not trying to make out that he's some working class principled type are you Riverside? Or that his move away from United was motivated by the Glazers being the new owners?
as long as he was getting paid he wouldnt be arsed where the money was coming from Glazers or not.

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Whip Hubley

i'd personally like to see a 3 tier management system of Cantona/Hughes - Irwin/Bruce and Parker/Keane.

don't know how it would work, like

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i'd personally like to see a 3 tier management system of Cantona/Hughes - Irwin/Bruce and Parker/Keane.

don't know how it would work, like
nah
Irwin/Keane/O'Shea ..to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
By far the Premiership's greatest ever player, the greatest player in United's greatest ever side, about to produce the greatest managerial feat (in his first season) of the last decade.

The next United manager.

Nailed on.
According to sky its Henry.
Closed Thread