United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-12-2023, 08:52 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
More importantly Ratcliffe needs to do as much as he can as soon as possible. They says 5-8 weeks or something? Hopefully he can hit the ground running .
Oh £#%&!ing hell, didn’t realise he was another one on the injury list

Unread 30-12-2023, 08:53 PM
Fat Al

This season’s a bust. Scrap it.

Spend the remaining games playing reserve/youth players. Can’t be worse & will give them valuable experience.

Unread 30-12-2023, 08:56 PM
Finport Red

If you didn’t know anything about United, you’d think we were some plucky bottom of the table team, trying our best to keep the score down and, hopefully, catch the better team on the break and scrape a 1-0 win. We are like some lower league side hoping to Nick a win in the da cup against one of the top clubs. It’s awful.

I’d hoped ETH had realised on Tuesday evening that, for us to score goals, he has to free the team up and create space. He’s clearly learnt. I thing of the sort. Tonight was West Ham all over again. Same set-up, same slow passing crap. We played a bit better after they scored, and I’m convinced (as I was after we went 2-0 down during the week) that it was despite Ten Hag and not because of him.

Bringing The Scottish Player on at half time to ‘tactically’ replace Mainoo was just nuts. I think the bearded egg is beginning to crack. He ought to be sectioned after that switch.

Unread 30-12-2023, 08:58 PM
Patty_b

This season is dead. Combination of many things but fundamentally on how the club has been ran. It's dead. Hope for the best and plan for the worst etc etc. we aren't going to go down so whatever.

Just a case of gritting teeth and accepting the chinnings as they come. Hopefully some proper management and structure above the manager will help going into next season. It should do tbf.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He signed half of them. I wouldn't trust him with another penny.
Today Antony and Onana from his signings played?

Onana is on shit list watch and Antony doesn’t look good enough . There’s no way he went to the board and said “Get me Johnny Evans now!”

ETH needs to answer questions , of course he hasn’t been great . But Casemiro hojlund Martinez missing for a lot of games this season. That’s your spine .

Then your back ups martial(lol) Eriksen Amrabat , Maguire malacia and lindelof have also been out for large periods of time this season , even regullion who I think should have got more games and don’t like it when ETH plays Dalot ahead of him was injured a lot this season.

The The Scottish Player sub was stupid however if the players can lift their tempo after a goal had gone in then that should tel you that the players are simply not adhering to what the manager wants to play.

It’s not like LVG where we played at a shit slow tempo no matter what happened because everything was so strict .

ETH has a lot to answer, with the current squad injuries and ownership issues we will be running on results till the end of the season. Unless his injured players come back you can largely expect shit football.

Bright note thought Amad did well when he came on.

Not an excuse, ETH has to do better, but largely that will happen when the better players come back from injury and play. That and Ratcliffe can sink his teeth into the club . Stupid recruitment may actually stop and the manager can get his players before June (it’s only June crew where you at) and properly plan for the season.

Our main striker was out for the first 6 weeks of the season because he was injured these little things need to stop .

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:04 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
anyone.

there’s lots of managers better than these fraud.

he lumbered us with a keeper we need to replace, a RW who is useless and fallen out with a few of our players.
We know he has his faults, none of us are in denial but the problem is Ratcliff & his sidekicks are big fans of, Graham Potter apparently & I suspect that after just a fortnight of Moyes the 2nd, we would all be saying comeback ETH all is forgiven

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
We know he has his faults, none of us are in denial but the problem is Ratcliff & his sidekicks are big fans of, Graham Potter apparently & I suspect that after just a fortnight of Moyes the 2nd, we would all be saying comeback ETH all is forgiven
Potter won’t be the next manager of United ffs .

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Today Antony and Onana from his signings played?

Onana is on shit list watch and Antony doesn’t look good enough . There’s no way he went to the board and said “Get me Johnny Evans now!”

ETH needs to answer questions , of course he hasn’t been great . But Casemiro hojlund Martinez missing for a lot of games this season. That’s your spine .

Then your back ups martial(lol) Eriksen Amrabat , Maguire malacia and lindelof have also been out for large periods of time this season , even regullion who I think should have got more games and don’t like it when ETH plays Dalot ahead of him was injured a lot this season.

The The Scottish Player sub was stupid however if the players can lift their tempo after a goal had gone in then that should tel you that the players are simply not adhering to what the manager wants to play.

It’s not like LVG where we played at a shit slow tempo no matter what happened because everything was so strict .

ETH has a lot to answer, with the current squad injuries and ownership issues we will be running on results till the end of the season. Unless his injured players come back you can largely expect shit football.

Bright note thought Amad did well when he came on.

Not an excuse, ETH has to do better, but largely that will happen when the better players come back from injury and play. That and Ratcliffe can sink his teeth into the club . Stupid recruitment may actually stop and the manager can get his players before June (it’s only June crew where you at) and properly plan for the season.

Our main striker was out for the first 6 weeks of the season because he was injured these little things need to stop .
It’s both. He’s got problems, but he should be doing better.

He’s becoming a problem, but the ownership is a much bigger one.

The ownership is changing and I think they’ll be looking at other areas before they look at the manager. ETH is fortunate that this is the case and he’d be gone in different circumstances.

The season is a write off so there’s really no urgency to change it right now. We’ve just got to sit and take it. I wouldn’t mind as much, but it’s the hope of the wins and signs of life that kills you.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:08 PM
poppy

Has he commented on the Mainoo substitution yet? Injury or tactical?

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy

Balls on him

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s both. He’s got problems, but he should be doing better.

He’s becoming a problem, but the ownership is a much bigger one.

The ownership is changing and I think they’ll be looking at other areas before they look at the manager. ETH is fortunate that this is the case and he’d be gone in different circumstances.

The season is a write off so there’s really no urgency to change it right now. We’ve just got to sit and take it. I wouldn’t mind as much, but it’s the hope of the wins and signs of life that kills you.
I also think the glazers dont have the funds to pay him off his contract. Whether Ratcliffe does or not is to be seen.

I hope he comes in and bins Sancho right away. It will show intent and give a kick up the arse to all the other @#%&!s stealing a living at the club.

Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Tactical. Felt we weren’t Scottish enough in midfield.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
At least he admitted it. He's an idiot but at least he's an honest one.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Covering his eyes, unfortunately.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:13 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Absolutely appalling.

That shot at the end summed Eriksen up, like a geriatric. . He’s finished at this level.
He’s still decent, he showed that on Tuesday.

However, he can’t play 2 full games in 5 days

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Bunker Buster

We we're good for 2-2 there....

So annoying the players STILL after 5 years won't start as if we're one nil down....

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
He’s still decent, he showed that on Tuesday.

However, he can’t play 2 full games in 5 days
If only our Brazilian geriatric wasn’t injured

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I also think the glazers dont have the funds to pay him off his contract. Whether Ratcliffe does or not is to be seen.

I hope he comes in and bins Sancho right away. It will show intent and give a kick up the arse to all the other @#%&!s stealing a living at the club.
It’s a really tough one for INEOS because I imagine they’d be keen to sort out ‘upstairs’ before doing anything with the coaching staff. It just makes you look trigger happy. I think we’ll write the season off and make a lot of changes behind the scenes. We’ll finish between 6th and 10th with about 60 points and ETH will go in the summer.

Other than a bit of new manager bounce, an interim manager won’t do anything and I don’t want us to panic appointing a permanent one

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:17 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This season is dead. Combination of many things but fundamentally on how the club has been ran. It's dead. Hope for the best and plan for the worst etc etc. we aren't going to go down so whatever.

Just a case of gritting teeth and accepting the chinnings as they come. Hopefully some proper management and structure above the manager will help going into next season. It should do tbf.
The problem is not the moment you decide that a certain manager isn’t up to it, it’s the moment you start to doubt or even harbour those thoughts. How do you entrust a manager with hundreds of millions to just potentially lumber a new manager with a bunch of players he doesn’t fancy, especially when you’ll have to guarantee him significant funds too?

No, once the doubts creep in the incumbent becomes effectively a dead man walking - how many times does a ‘vote of confidence’ ever really lead to a turn around? And anyone who’s having no doubts about ten Hag’s prospects right now is seeing something i’m not.

We all wanted him to succeed, but he may just not be up to it unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We we're good for 2-2 there....

So annoying the players STILL after 5 years won't start as if we're one nil down....
That would require them to not be as thick as shit.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:17 PM
puressence

Can’t wait for the 6 new
Signings in the next 4 weeks