United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Still not convinced by Smalling at all. Hes so average on the ball, and Id much prefer a proper leader back there to partner Lindelof.

Not sure about the contract extensions for both Smalling and Jones either. Rojo will surely be binned in the summer, then we have Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling and Jones, and hopefully some youth coming through. Does that leave room for a new centre back signing? I would have preferred one of the chuckle brothers to be binned off along with Rojo, bring in an experienced top-class centre back, and allow some room for a youth player like Tuanzebe to step up and get minutes.

As for the team vs PSG, it will most likely be:

De Gea

Young Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Matic Herrera

Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial

Love how Ole has brought some proper consistency back to the team selections. Feels like years since weve had that at United.
I think Smalling is the best of a bad bunch.

His distribution is truly awful, but he's easily the most dependable and is a good solid defender.

He looked shakey yesterday at the start, but completely bossed Mitrovic after that.

His style compliments Lindelof quite too. Like a discount Rio and Vidic.

Bailly is the one we hope can step up

Rojo will be gone, Jones should have gone too, but oh well.

Unread 10-02-2019, 01:47 PM
puressence

My biggest concern is our top 3 ripping that defence apart cannot wait for this

Unread 10-02-2019, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Our strongest side pretty much picks itself for this one.

And yes, of course that means starting

(not really)

Unread 10-02-2019, 07:30 PM
saffers

Unread 10-02-2019, 07:39 PM
dunk

Alves at RW and Marquinhos in CM?

Unread 10-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
What we thinking?

Most of the team picks itself tbh, probably only the defence where theres places up for grabs?

Dave

Young
Bailey
Linders
Shaw

Matic
Herrera
Pogba

Lingard
Rashers
Martial

Unsure whether Smalling should start ahead of Bailey though.
Smalling for Bailey for me. Both switch off at times but Smalling has more intelligence with the ball and l'd fancy him off set pieces.

Unread 10-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Alves at RW and Marquinhos in CM?
Marquinhos been playing there quite a bit I think.

Pretty evenly matched game this. Cannot fucking wait

Unread 10-02-2019, 09:46 PM
dunk

Meunier our as well, concussion.

Unread 10-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
So no Neymar or Cavani?

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Lets not get cocky, they still won't be pushovers.