United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:13 PM
dunk

Just looking at their side. Take out Neymar and Cavani and it looks far less daunting. Eric Choupo-Moting started yesterday

We can do them

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Just looking at their side. Take out Neymar and Cavani and it looks far less daunting. Eric Choupo-Moting started yesterday

We can do them
Cavani blows hot and cold too.

I think it's a 50/50 tie .

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

We can do them
True, Neymar is the big one. We're always the ones who cop it off these Brazilian superstars down the years. Ronaldo, Kaka, Romario etc.. Huge boost for us that he's missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones View Post
Cavani blows hot and cold too.

I think it's a 50/50 tie .
6 weeks ago i wouldn't have given us a chance but anything could happen now.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
True, Neymar is the big one. We're always the ones who cop it off these Brazilian superstars down the years. Ronaldo, Kaka, Romario etc.. Huge boost for us that he's missing

6 weeks ago i wouldn't have given us a chance but anything could happen now.
I feel confident we'll show up and play to our strengths. Whether that's good enough, I've no idea...

... But if Jose was here, it'd be low risk shite and we'd be full of regret.

We'll give a better account of ourselves than we did last year against a much worse Sevilla side

I prefer playing the home tie first aswell. You know exactly what you need to do in terms of away goals.

Can't wait tbh. The place should be fucking rocking

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:20 PM
yoda

Quote:

We can do them
Isnt that the arsehole that scored against us then did literally nothing else besides get relegated.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda View Post
Isnt that the arsehole that scored against us then did literally nothing else besides get relegated.
Yes

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda View Post
Yup. Fuck knows how he ended up there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones View Post
I feel confident we'll show up and play to our strengths. Whether that's good enough, I've no idea...

... But if Jose was here, it'd be low risk shite and we'd be full of regret.

We'll give a better account of ourselves than we did last year against a much worse Sevilla side

I prefer playing the home tie first aswell. You know exactly what you need to do in terms of away goals.

Can't wait tbh. The place should be fucking rocking
Massive European tie under the floodlights in the current optimistic mood cant fucking wait.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Neo

Football

Still not convinced by Smalling at all. Hes so average on the ball, and Id much prefer a proper leader back there to partner Lindelof.

Not sure about the contract extensions for both Smalling and Jones either. Rojo will surely be binned in the summer, then we have Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling and Jones, and hopefully some youth coming through. Does that leave room for a new centre back signing? I would have preferred one of the chuckle brothers to be binned off along with Rojo, bring in an experienced top-class centre back, and allow some room for a youth player like Tuanzebe to step up and get minutes.

As for the team vs PSG, it will most likely be:

De Gea

Young Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Matic Herrera

Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial

Love how Ole has brought some proper consistency back to the team selections. Feels like years since weve had that at United.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:50 PM
suedeshoes

Cavani ruled out with an injury.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

We can do them