United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2019, 11:01 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It’s his own £#%&!ing fault. This bizarre obsession footballer’s have these days with bodybuilding. How many elite attacking players are built like brick shithouses? How many top class centre halves?

Football is a game of fitness and endurance, not a test of strength. The players who pile on the muscle end up impairing their ability and also putting a lot of stress on their bodies. Look at that thick lump of shit Kompany. He’s ruined his career by becoming too heavy and £#%&!ing up his body.
Vanity. It worked for Ronaldo so now everyone is at it, ignoring the fact Ronaldo's natural talent alone would have taken him far ahead of these guys.

Unread 11-02-2019, 11:15 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Vanity. It worked for Ronaldo so now everyone is at it, ignoring the fact Ronaldo's natural talent alone would have taken him far ahead of these guys.
Probably more to the point but Ronaldo actually did a lot of running on the pitch to keep the bulk off!

Unread 11-02-2019, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Would be amusing if he had a blinder tomorrow, nqat

(he won't, of course)

Unread 11-02-2019, 11:21 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Would be amusing if he had a blinder tomorrow, nqat

(he won't, of course)
played great against arsenal. decent finisher, good running onto the ball, does will with assists but his hold up play/first touch is embarrassing. also seems to struggle with the concept of offside.

Unread 11-02-2019, 11:26 PM
jem

lukaku with the ball played in front of him - ok.

lukaku with the ball played to him, behind him, etc - dogshit.

solution: play the ball in front of him.

Unread 11-02-2019, 11:52 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
played great against arsenal. decent finisher, good running onto the ball, does will with assists but his hold up play/first touch is embarrassing. also seems to struggle with the concept of offside.
He's shite in the air too, just can't judge the flight of a ball or time a jump and for such a big unit he wins few that go physical

Unread 12-02-2019, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Probably more to the point but Ronaldo actually did a lot of running on the pitch to keep the bulk off!
Ronaldo was also a naturally skinny bloke who added muscle. Lukaku had enough natural power by the time he was 16. He’s the last guy who needed to add anything.

Unread 12-02-2019, 03:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ronaldo was also a naturally skinny bloke who added muscle. Lukaku had enough natural power by the time he was 16. He’s the last guy who needed to add anything.

Absolutely this.

Ronaldo needed to bulk up. Lukaku needed to sharpen up. Simples.

Unread 12-02-2019, 06:40 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
lukaku with the ball played in front of him - ok.

lukaku with the ball played to him, behind him, etc - dogshit.

solution: play the ball in front of him.
Solution: £#%&! him off to a team that deserves him (Newcastle for example)

Unread 12-02-2019, 10:06 AM
The taste of...

Played like @#%&! under Mourinho

Plays like a @#%&! under Ole

@#%&!.

Unread 12-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Whip Hubley

£75m was it?

I normally back players to the hilt, but after the initial honeymoon period (first 10 games or so) even I was querying if he was actually a footballer. I've said it many times, i've never seen a worse player score so many goals. And he doesn't even do that anymore.

Occasionally useful to bring on from the right hand side, but he won't settle for that. Will hopefully be sold in the summer.

Unread 12-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Denis Irwell

Can’t believe we let Fellaini go before this lump. At least he’d have turned up for the cup final.

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:01 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£75m was it?

I normally back players to the hilt, but after the initial honeymoon period (first 10 games or so) even I was querying if he was actually a footballer. I've said it many times, i've never seen a worse player score so many goals. And he doesn't even do that anymore.

Occasionally useful to bring on from the right hand side, but he won't settle for that. Will hopefully be sold in the summer.
It's actually £95mil plus 20% sell on fee. ( £75mil guarantee, with £20mil realistic ad-ons, like x mil if utd finish 4th/win shit)

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:03 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Can’t believe we let Fellaini go before this lump. At least he’d have turned up for the cup final.
Lets not go too far now. We had 5 years of Fellaini and each one was a sea of depression

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Lets not go too far now. We had 5 years of Fellaini and each one was a sea of depression

I know... I know ... but he’d have turned up for a cup final

RL should’ve been £#%&!ed off after that. The @#%&!s long since jumped the £#%&!ing shark.

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:18 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It's actually £95mil plus 20% sell on fee. ( £75mil guarantee, with £20mil realistic ad-ons, like x mil if utd finish 4th/win shit)

Unread 12-02-2019, 12:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Wtf was Woodward thinking

Unread 12-02-2019, 12:09 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wtf was Woodward thinking
Jose was new & Lolkaku was his no1 choice. Chelsea vomited at the asking price so we swooped in like white knights.

Basically got conned by scouse used car salesmen.

We'll get £50mil for him hopefully.

Unread 12-02-2019, 01:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£75m was it?

Will probably be rewarded with a new five year deal next week.

Unread 12-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Will probably follow Fellini's lead.....

Once big feller's is a huge hit over there imagine their glee when they can get another tank like him....
Closed Thread