United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
keane Roy

Default Idea to improve the atmosphere at OT

Everyone who is in the loyalty pot or goes to away games on a regular basis and other people who wish to stand, sing and chant should all be put in The stretford end tier two and it should be unreserved seating.

discuss.

Unread 10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
waynes ear's

everyone get shitfaced and be allowed to stand with mates

nft

Unread 10-06-2007, 10:43 PM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

nft
pretty much

Unread 10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
keane Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

nft
if what i said happened everyone would be standing any way and the unreserves seating means with mates.

what you said also works.

Unread 10-06-2007, 10:49 PM
M46Red

Make the whole Stretford End end standing, first come, first served, if that means locking the gates by 1pm then so be it.

Unread 10-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by keane Roy
Everyone who is in the loyalty pot or goes to away games on a regular basis and other people who wish to stand, sing and chant should all be put in The stretford end tier two and it should be unreserved seating.

discuss.
This idea of unreserved seating was put forward to the club a few years ago (about 6-7) when the extensions where complete at both ends of the ground, the club said the idea was impractical and was a possible health and safety hazard.

The "vocal fans" group was formed out of these meetings which (apart from the fact that all fans should be vocal imho) was a decent enough idea but was very poorly implemented so didn't really make that much of a difference.

Unread 10-06-2007, 10:57 PM
keane Roy

just saw a clip of the next real football factories, they were all bouncing around chanting waving scarves ( no replica shirts ) and there were alot of lit flares it looked like an amazing atmosphere and something that has vacated this country to to shit all seater stadiums.

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Cantona's collar

The one the other week where he was in Argentina made me realise just how shite the atmosphere is in English football grounds, our game has been stolen away from us.

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
The one the other week where he was in Argentina made me realise just how shite the atmosphere is in English football grounds, our game has been stolen away from us.
I love the passion of South American fans - Boca and River Plate are too great examples. However, I wouldn't want all the ultra balls that seems to come with it. Over 50 people killed at football matches in the last 10 years. Lads being shot dead in the ground ffs Not something we need.

The Germans seem to have a good balance. Safe standing, atmospheric grounds, large banners flares etc, but without the murder!

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:13 PM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I love the passion of South American fans - Boca and River Plate are too great examples. However, I wouldn't want all the ultra balls that seems to come with it. Over 50 people killed at football matches in the last 10 years. Lads being shot dead in the ground ffs Not something we need.

The Germans seem to have a good balance. Safe standing, atmospheric grounds, large banners flares etc, but without the murder!

I wouldn't like us to have ultras, half of them are off there f***ing nut, agree Germany has it to perfection.

In the Italy one a couple of weeks ago Delvichio (sp) went to the Ultra section, Dyer said it best

" Could you imagine Trevor Brooking hanging out with the ICF"
Closed Thread