United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
keane Roy
 
Default Idea to improve the atmosphere at OT

Everyone who is in the loyalty pot or goes to away games on a regular basis and other people who wish to stand, sing and chant should all be put in The stretford end tier two and it should be unreserved seating.

discuss.
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
waynes ear's
 
Default

everyone get shitfaced and be allowed to stand with mates

nft
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:43 PM
punk_football
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
everyone get shitfaced and be allowed to stand with mates

nft
pretty much
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
keane Roy
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
everyone get shitfaced and be allowed to stand with mates

nft
if what i said happened everyone would be standing any way and the unreserves seating means with mates.






what you said also works.
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:49 PM
M46Red
 
Default

Make the whole Stretford End end standing, first come, first served, if that means locking the gates by 1pm then so be it.
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Cantona's collar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keane Roy
Everyone who is in the loyalty pot or goes to away games on a regular basis and other people who wish to stand, sing and chant should all be put in The stretford end tier two and it should be unreserved seating.

discuss.
This idea of unreserved seating was put forward to the club a few years ago (about 6-7) when the extensions where complete at both ends of the ground, the club said the idea was impractical and was a possible health and safety hazard.

The "vocal fans" group was formed out of these meetings which (apart from the fact that all fans should be vocal imho) was a decent enough idea but was very poorly implemented so didn't really make that much of a difference.
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:57 PM
keane Roy
 
Default

just saw a clip of the next real football factories, they were all bouncing around chanting waving scarves ( no replica shirts ) and there were alot of lit flares it looked like an amazing atmosphere and something that has vacated this country to to shit all seater stadiums.
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Cantona's collar
 
Default

The one the other week where he was in Argentina made me realise just how shite the atmosphere is in English football grounds, our game has been stolen away from us.
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
The Watcher
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
The one the other week where he was in Argentina made me realise just how shite the atmosphere is in English football grounds, our game has been stolen away from us.
I love the passion of South American fans - Boca and River Plate are too great examples. However, I wouldn't want all the ultra balls that seems to come with it. Over 50 people killed at football matches in the last 10 years. Lads being shot dead in the ground ffs Not something we need.

The Germans seem to have a good balance. Safe standing, atmospheric grounds, large banners flares etc, but without the murder!
 
Unread 10-06-2007, 11:13 PM
punk_football
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I love the passion of South American fans - Boca and River Plate are too great examples. However, I wouldn't want all the ultra balls that seems to come with it. Over 50 people killed at football matches in the last 10 years. Lads being shot dead in the ground ffs Not something we need.

The Germans seem to have a good balance. Safe standing, atmospheric grounds, large banners flares etc, but without the murder!

I wouldn't like us to have ultras, half of them are off there f***ing nut, agree Germany has it to perfection.

In the Italy one a couple of weeks ago Delvichio (sp) went to the Ultra section, Dyer said it best

" Could you imagine Trevor Brooking hanging out with the ICF"
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Idea to improve the atmosphere at OT
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This is going to be a good idea, or a really bad idea... elhombre Off Topic 25 11-01-2008 06:19 PM
**Realistic things at could improve the atmosphere at United ** 1MUFC Football 73 29-11-2007 01:06 PM
Schoolboys want to be taught by men and think it would improve their marks koppas Off Topic 3 31-07-2007 10:10 AM
Ideas to improve our lives Zorg Off Topic 7 12-04-2007 11:34 PM
you know what would improve Life on Mars class of 68 Off Topic 5 14-02-2007 10:47 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.