United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Zorg

Default Ideas to improve our lives

It occurred to me earlier that cash tills should have a red light behind them that comes on when they have no money left in them. That way you wouldn't have to wait ten minutes to cross a busy main road and then get there to find 'Sorry' on the screen . You would see from a distance that there's no f***ing point.

I might write to my MP about this.

Unread 12-04-2007, 10:53 PM
NYSalfordRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It occurred to me earlier that cash tills should have a red light behind them that comes on when they have no money left in them. That way you wouldn't have to wait ten minutes to cross a busy main road and then get there to find 'Sorry' on the screen . You would see from a distance that there's no f***ing point.

I might write to my MP about this.
Genius idea, over hear they are always out of order...

Unread 12-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Tropical

Default Do you mean

Quote:
It occurred to me earlier that cash tills should have a red light behind them that comes on when they have no money left in them.
"cash machines",

or are you a frustrated stick-up kid?

Unread 12-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Ed Sullivan

I know this is a bit dated now

but when pay as you go phones were all the rage (back in the day), some sort of automated service that told you the person you were texting was out of credit and thus wouldn't be able to text back.

Unread 12-04-2007, 11:21 PM
walker1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward p****hands

but when pay as you go phones were all the rage (back in the day), some sort of automated service that told you the person you were texting was out of credit and thus wouldn't be able to text back.
i like that one, the amount of times you think someone is being an ignorant c***..

Unread 12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1978
i like that one, the amount of times you think someone is being an ignorant c***..
it might have just been birds ignoring me

Unread 12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
"cash machines",

or are you a frustrated stick-up kid?
Oh yes, sorry . Holes in walls, if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward p****hands

Good idea. Shame it's too late. You could still have one that lets you know when the woman you have texted is on the blob and may not reply for a few days.

Unread 12-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Tropical

Default Now

Quote:
Oh yes, sorry . Holes in walls, if you will.
I'm disappointed.

I had a picture in my mind of you, balaclava'd and replica-pistoled, angrily banging out a letter to your MP about the time you wasted trying to rob a cashless convenience store. "Cash And Carry, my arse! Flagrant false advertising!"
Closed Thread