United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-10-2011, 06:40 PM
taff

Default Re: *Official* United v City Match Thread - Teams, Links and step aside sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
What I'd do for a Robson or a Keane now
i was thinking that watching keane's BBC interview the other day

Unread 24-10-2011, 06:40 PM
dunk

Default Re: *Official* United v City Match Thread - Teams, Links and step aside sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
What I'd do for a Robson or a Keane now
No such thing anymore mate, much as it pains me to say it

Unread 24-10-2011, 06:44 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 24-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohahhpaulmcgrath
only he can save us now,please come back ronnie

£#%&!ing miss the @#%&!.

Scored another hat-trick on Saturday. 98 goals in 102 games now for Real.

Unread 24-10-2011, 06:49 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

£#%&!ing miss the @#%&!.

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:01 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This 'wonderful young team playing wonderful football' was an illusion.
that's a load of shit. we were playing some fantastic stuff, lovely fast attacking football, scoring shedloads and scoring wonderful slick goals. if you can't see that then i wonder what the £#%&! you watch football for. we've been shite for the last few weeks mind.

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:04 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i was thinking that watching keane's BBC interview the other day
Don't. I did and just made me feel worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It's the best £80 million any clubs ever paid.

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that's a load of shit. we were playing some fantastic stuff, lovely fast attacking football, scoring shedloads and scoring wonderful slick goals. if you can't see that then i wonder what the £#%&! you watch football for. we've been shite for the last few weeks mind.
the point is we've played more shite than good stuff this season now and we haven't played any good stuff since chelsea. this was against some pisspot teams at OT amongst others and once again we look poor away from home. luckily we just got @#%&!ed on from a great height at home too which a fair few of us though was inevitable at some point

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

not that it makes any £#%&!ing difference and obviously I haven't watched it again or ever will...but weren't Balotelli's second and Dzeko's first offside, we were right behind the goal and both semed well offside.....especially the 4-1 goal

the most worrying aspect, apart from the three goals we conceded in injury--time because we simply stopped playing, was they could easily have had double figures

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:06 PM
believe

what the £#%&! does this even mean? i £#%&!ing hate United fans at times

Quote:
Tottenham Hotspurs 4-1 Manchester United 1995/96 (won the league) Southampton 6-3 Manchester United 1996/97 (won the league) Newcastle United 5-0 Manchester United 1996/97 (won the league) Chelsea 5-0 Manchester United 1999/00 (won the league) Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool 2008/09 (won the league) ... Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City 2011/12 (will win the league)!..

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
for about 3 1/2 games. Out of 13.

that was great and wonderful to watch but where the £#%&! has it gone? and even then, our tactics were suicidal at times.

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:07 PM
armchair

we're a different side with clevers playing. he brings out the best in the players around him.

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
not that it makes any £#%&!ing difference and obviously I haven't watched it again or ever will...but weren't Balotelli's second and Dzeko's first offside, we were right behind the goal and both semed well offside.....especially the 4-1 goal

the most worrying aspect, apart from the three goals we conceded in injury--time because we simply stopped playing, was they could easily have had double figures
i think both were actually cut back? one of them definitely was from the byline

i think they were on side to be honest

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:08 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

i've read that and a little bit of sick formed in my mouth....

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:11 PM
armchair

it was the utter capitulation at the end that was unbelievable. it was unprofessional at the very least but those final minutes would've embarrassed amateurs

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
i think both were actually cut back? one of them definitely was from the byline

i think they were on side to be honest
who were the United player/players playing Dzeko onside although as you ssay it may have been a cutback I can't remember

Balotleli's second was a cross from Millner am sure he was offside when the ball was crossed

not that it makes any difference....had the fourth not countged it may not have ended up 6 although Dzeko, Toure and Silva all missed real sitters in the second half

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
it was the utter capitulation at the end that was unbelievable. it was unprofessional at the very least but those final minutes would've embarrassed amateurs
yep ...I just cannot understand that, utterly £#%&!ing depresssing...but there was plent about yesterday that was imposssible to take in

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:24 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Surprised some people are so easily saying its City's title.

Its only October and they have absolutely no experience of going the distance, let alone winning a title when they are expected to.

Sure, they have a very strong squad, full of top players, but Mancini will have to do well to keep rotating properly and find the right blend of players to keep notching up points when the finishing line is approaching. Its not an easy thing to do, even more so when everyone is expecting them to win every game, which is what will happen now. They will be expected to win EVERY game, and that brings a new type of pressure.

We won the league last season and have players, and a manager, that know what its like to go the distance; that is priceless. I believe our squad is stronger this year as well with the addition of the young lads. Obviously City have improved loads, but there's a world of difference between what they achieved last season and actually winning the league.

There will be lots of twists yet, but the big difference for me is that City are now favourites in most people's eyes - they will be expected to win the title, and that is a new type of expectation that their players haven't experienced before. What United need to do is stay within touching distance up until Christmas, and then after the New Year is when we traditionally hit top form. Its still very much up for grabs IMO.
the only two players in city's team yesterday with recent experience of winning major titles were toure and balotelli, and one of them's a crackpot. the majority of them have never won a domestic title, and as you say the experience of a long-haul campaign will be a new one for them. factor in europe, injuries and the volatile temperament of their squad on the whole and it's by no means done and dusted. yes, at this moment in time, in the last week of october, they look like favourites. they're also entering a period of intense pressure. for all the concerns over united's mentality, a lot of our players know full well what that is like.

our priority has to be to respond and stay in touch. chasing is a challenge in itself, but on the evidence of yesterday our lot need to show they're up for a £#%&!ing challenge now. i'm just trying to console myself that united playing like @#%&!s before christmas is part of the natural order of things

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:28 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
the point is we've played more shite than good stuff this season now and we haven't played any good stuff since chelsea. this was against some pisspot teams at OT amongst others and once again we look poor away from home. luckily we just got @#%&!ed on from a great height at home too which a fair few of us though was inevitable at some point
i agree with that. since the injury to cleverley we've been getting steadily worse (and i don't think it was because of the injury to cleverley, just that's a convenient point). doesn't change the fact we played well earlier in the season. people should be able to recognise we're playing shite now without having to do a load of revisionism about how we started the season.

the defence is a shambles atm, hard to know where to start. the change from vds to de gea is an obvious target but it's a red herring, de gea has been pretty decent and you can't blame him for more shots getting through than it's possible to believe.

i'm a big fan of welbeck, think he's got a great future, but i can't see how we can persevere with 2 up top any longer. it has to be something like

de gea
rafael - smalling - vidic - evra
carrick - fletcher
nani - cleverley - young
rooney

though i'd be quite happy for welbeck to be in the middle and rooney out left with one of the wingers on the other side.

Unread 24-10-2011, 07:28 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
the only two players in city's team yesterday with recent experience of winning major titles were toure and balotelli, and one of them's a crackpot. the majority of them have never won a domestic title, and as you say the experience of a long-haul campaign will be a new one for them. factor in europe, injuries and the volatile temperament of their squad on the whole and it's by no means done and dusted. yes, at this moment in time, in the last week of october, they look like favourites. they're also entering a period of intense pressure. for all the concerns over united's mentality, a lot of our players know full well what that is like.

our priority has to be to respond and stay in touch. chasing is a challenge in itself, but on the evidence of yesterday our lot need to show they're up for a £#%&!ing challenge now. i'm just trying to console myself that united playing like @#%&!s before christmas is part of the natural order of things
david silva has a won a couple of minor bits and pieces