Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Fred or The Scottish Player
Fred 42 84.00%
The Scottish Player 8 16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:14 PM
marlo

I used to always it’s an insult to Fred called him mcfred as he is much better than The Scottish Player
I used to make a point that one of them in scotlands 3rd CB while Fred starts for Brazil in midfield!
As usual i was attacked for this and i think it’s only armchair who agreed with me!

now they are all “fred is better”

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I used to make a point that one of them in scotlands 3rd CB while Fred starts for Brazil in midfield!
Did he start for them once in the WC?

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:21 PM
History

Quote:
I used to always it’s an insult to Fred called him mcfred as he is much better than The Scottish Player
As usual i was attacked for this and i think it’s only armchair who agreed with me!

now they are all “fred is better”
You making a point about people's Nationality?

Unlike you

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:22 PM
jem

fred is better and worse.

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Did he start for them once in the WC?
no. why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
You making a point about people's Nationality?

Unlike you
nope my point was .

The Scottish Player can’t be better than Fred when Fred starts in midfield for one of the best national teams in the world why The Scottish Player can’t get ahead of that midget from villa in scotlands midfield.

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:27 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
You're not being asked which one you want shooting ffs.
Read the thread.

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:30 PM
Baron

I straight up hate Fred, he's been given the benefit of the doubt, started under multiple managers & still can't consistently pass it 5 yards to a teammate. His understanding of the game is abysmal, there is inconsistency because you're trying things (Bruno) & then there is flat out taking the wrong option & executing unfailingly terrible pass after terrible pass. He's weaker than a dying mans handshake. I'm not sure I've ever seen him head the ball. His attitude is seen as plucky & unshrinking, I just think he's £#%&!ing stupid.

McTommers appears to be worse save for the heading ability, however if you started him with Casemiro & Eriksen every week in a 3 I suspect he might be able to do more than Fred who has been afforded that chance & been a disgrace. He's absolutely not a defensive midfielder, nor is he a CB waiting to happen. He's been at his best as a more advanced sort of box to box workhorse, scoring more than Fred despite having fewer games & under shitter management. He's 26(?) & really shouldn't be here. Give me Tielemens, Kante & Mount on frees & sell the pair of them.

Unread 20-02-2023, 03:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
no. why?

nope my point was .

The Scottish Player can’t be better than Fred when Fred starts in midfield for one of the best national teams in the world why The Scottish Player can’t get ahead of that midget from villa in scotlands midfield.
And it was wrong. It’s a false equivalency.

Plus Fred doesn’t start.

Unread 20-02-2023, 04:55 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
no. why?

nope my point was .

So he doesn’t start for them during the WC, but you’re making a point about him starting for them?

£#%&! me you’re thick

Unread 20-02-2023, 04:59 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Refusing to vote. Both completely flawed players and will require upgrading in the summer.

But, both also fine as squad players.
Very well summed-up

Unread 20-02-2023, 05:13 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Fred has a much higher ceiling, but also a much deeper cellar.

The Scottish Player is more of a steady away kind of turd.

Unread 20-02-2023, 05:13 PM
marlo

Quote:
So he doesn’t start for them during the WC, but you’re making a point about him starting for them?

£#%&! me you’re thick
you asked if he started once for Brazil? I said no.

he started more than ONCE for Brazil in the World Cup. so my point stands

Unread 20-02-2023, 05:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
you asked if he started once for Brazil? I said no.

he started more than ONCE for Brazil in the World Cup. so my point stands
Nice. Well played. They’re definitely up there with the great Brazil teams of the past.

Unread 20-02-2023, 05:22 PM
marlo

Quote:
Nice. Well played. They’re definitely up there with the great Brazil teams of the past.
yep with our two contrasting samba boys starting at the heartbeat of it

Unread 20-02-2023, 05:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
yep with our two contrasting samba boys starting at the heartbeat of it

Unread 20-02-2023, 06:08 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Fred's best is well beyond The Scottish Player's.

Unread 20-02-2023, 07:02 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Scott was better than Fred yesterday, but both are awful players.....

The damage that night in Paris did to this club

Mcfred for a full year....
Freds killer pass gave him the edge yesterday. He can do it but he doesn`t always see that pass which frustrated Rashers in the first half when he made the same run which resulted in both of his goals. The Scottish Player has slowly got worse from a promising stat to his career.

Fred wins by a short head but I wouldn`t have either in my first choice team.

Reports of what The Scottish Players fee might be

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...82256-20230220
Closed Thread