United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Drexl

Hijacking the main footie thread with poetry

(I salute you sir)

armchair

Sort your deal out in January lingard you absolute remedial student.

Stickman

I’m way more annoyed by this than I should be.

Young Boys ffs

Plum draw

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m way more annoyed by this than I should be.

Young Boys ffs

Plum draw
Young boys coming from behind. No one wants to see that.

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

The more you watch that Lingard "back pass", the worse it looks.

I'm sure people have actually been investigated for match fixing doing less.

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:14 PM
armchair

Imagine had donny done that.

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:26 PM
Hyman_Roth

Can’t see us losing another match in the groups and fairly confident we’ll finish top but I can’t see how we can possibly go onto win this or even get close unless we get incredibly lucky.

We looked really poor when we went down to 10 and the subs were bat shit mental even for Olly. It was pretty embarrassing - like van gaal against midgetland and Mou against Seville. But in both of those cases, we had far weaker squads and much poorer individual players.

Really difficult not to conclude that ole, shorts and Carrick are completely out of their depth after that.

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:28 PM
tatty

Ole had got to get a grip of his tactics and substitutions.

It should be bread and butter stuff for a top level manager.

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

There's isn't a manager in world football that would put TWO defenders on because one has been sent off surely, ? One yes and a reshuffle....

Wtf was varane (who should have started) doing coming on at half time, you'd put on Dalot...

Steady the ship and see where we go....

After that it was same as always, throw shit (lingard, Matic) into the cement mixer, something might hold...

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:50 PM
MagnificentSeven

absolutely dogshit result but we'll bounce back. it's not like we're the first team to lose after going down to ten men.

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:55 PM
armchair

the donny van beek experiment is over.

Honestly thought he played well and should've taken off after bruno not before him.

Unread 15-09-2021, 12:01 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Got my kick-off times wrong and missed this. Two line summary? A haiku would suffice
inevitable
wan job, jesseh no look pass
fred, like yellow snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Can’t see us losing another match in the groups and fairly confident we’ll finish top......
you, sir, are quite mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

dry toast only. soz.

Unread 15-09-2021, 12:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

absolute meme of a substitution.

Unread 15-09-2021, 12:19 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
absolute meme of a substitution.
Even the 4th official is trying to pull Lingard back off.

Unread 15-09-2021, 03:22 AM
shenwen

AWB's bad touch turns into a red. Was always going to happen at some time.

I thought Ole did the sensible thing at first. Bring on Dalot to replace AWB. Okay, that works. But then what the £#%&! was he thinking bringing on Varane as well? And then a series of bizarre subs in the second half. Not the first time I've said it, but he needs to sort this out. His Plan B's are guesswork.

Just read that we've lost seven out of 11 CL games under Ole. Not great.

Quote:
Can’t see us losing another match in the groups and fairly confident we’ll finish top but I can’t see how we can possibly go onto win this or even get close unless we get incredibly lucky.

We looked really poor when we went down to 10 and the subs were bat shit mental even for Olly. It was pretty embarrassing - like van gaal against midgetland and Mou against Seville. But in both of those cases, we had far weaker squads and much poorer individual players.

Really difficult not to conclude that ole, shorts and Carrick are completely out of their depth after that.
Think we'll qualify. It's not a tough group. But if we don't I think it will be time for Ole to move on. With the talent in that squad anything less that qualification will be a managerial issue.

Couldn't bear another Europa run

Hooking VDB at half time for Varane is still bothering me.

Unread 15-09-2021, 04:20 AM
westcoastvan

It looks pretty bad when Chelsea can get a red card and fend off Liverpool, but United folds against a team currently in 4th spot in the Swiss league.

It's redundant to say this, but everyone knows.

1) Ole may have great man management skills, but his tactical skills... are less than to be desired.

2) The club needs a CDM.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:39 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
There's isn't a manager in world football that would put TWO defenders on because one has been sent off surely, ? One yes and a reshuffle....

Wtf was varane (who should have started) doing coming on at half time, you'd put on Dalot...

Steady the ship and see where we go....

After that it was same as always, throw shit (lingard, Matic) into the cement mixer, something might hold...
Most of them probably have a contingency plan for having a man sent off. Didn't look like we did, which is surely one of the things he is paid for.

Unread 15-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Patty_b

The way that result came about was £#%&!ing #@&%!ed.

AWB has to take the major share of the blame for the result. Would never have been in that position if he could control a £#%&!ing ball. And for sure the pitch gave them a natural advantage.

But £#%&!ing hell, the inability to get any sort of a grip on the game in the second half was shocking. I understand the substitution at half time, but the mistake was leaving Pogba on instead of DVB. I get the idea of keeping Pogba on, because he can pull something out of the bag at any moment, even if he has been utterly useless for 99% of the time on the pitch, but in that second half we needed control of the game over a moment of magic, and based on the first half yesterday the man to provide that control was DVB over Pogba. For any moment of magic that Pogba could've come up with, he was never in a million years going to help us get control of that game with 10 men in that second half based on his first half showing.

What's worrying is that it still seems Ole doesn't know the squad. He could get away with it the first couple of seasons, but now he really should be able to know who's going to let him down over and over again, and who is going to do their job effectively on the pitch no matter the circumstances. It's either that, or felt that he couldn't take Pogba off at half time because it's Pogba and from the sounds of it he's in talks for a new contract. In which case Ole needs to walk away now. With the players we now have in the dressing room he's just get eaten up and spat out if he doesn't put his big boy pants on.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:02 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:

1pt from Atlanta and Villarreal away.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Switching Off

Still cant get over the subs.