United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:33 PM
tatty

My only concern is that Bruno will defer to Ronaldo a little too much and shrink back.

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:34 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Certain people didn't rate him when he arrived, too
admittedly i was a bit skeptical when we signed him. we'd been here before. another hyped up "world class" signing, and i was expecting another kagawa/mata/falcao/di maria/depay/mkhitaryan/lukaku/sanchez/etc etc.

by the time of that city win just before lockdown my words had been long digested.

Unread 13-09-2021, 12:56 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
My only concern is that Bruno will defer to Ronaldo a little too much and shrink back.
Not a chance, Bruno is so at home here he knows what it is to play with quality. Having better players means he’ll be better. The team improves because we’re not so reliant on this brilliant bastard, we now have at least two of them. We could have many more if Pogba keeps up his form & Mason grows, Sancho clicks and we have Rashford, Cavani… even Martial & Lingard produced magic to finish off when we could. Scary depth, but Bruno will always be the most important player we have by virtue of his talent & leadership. Best player in the league, I used to think it was De Bryune but this guy is just an absolute machine & not made of biscuits either. Just magic to see him love it here & thrive.

Unread 13-09-2021, 05:42 AM
My Name is Heath

Ronaldo helped create the space for Bruno to shoot on Saturday.

They will be immense together.

Unread 13-09-2021, 05:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Ronaldo helped create the space for Bruno to shoot on Saturday.

They will be immense together.
Newcastle really let their guard down there didnt they, only time in the entire match I can think when they allowed us to to set from that distance and have a free ping. Their whole intent seemed to be on stopping that Saturday.

Unread 13-09-2021, 07:46 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
I thought the opposite happened. Bruno was brilliant and seemed to step up even more.

Unread 13-09-2021, 11:54 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
When he can hit them like he did on Saturday, he can defer to the edge of the box all the time.

I take your point, though; it's not going to be easy for him, but Bruno does seem very much a team man and man, what a team.

Unread 14-09-2021, 09:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Something positive:

Fabulous ball tonight to follow a brilliant goal at the weekend. So much for Ronaldo stifling him. Great to see them linking up.