United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 17-07-2021, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I more posted the tweet because it mentions Andrew Neil but now I wonder does

"8pm: Andrew Neil with Colin Brazier." mean Brazier is doing the Neil slot.
Dan Wootton looks set to be the genuine unflushable turd, though.

Unread 06-08-2021, 06:16 PM
tatty

Farage didn't just beat BBC news last night...he beat the BBC and Sky News combined.

He's turning in to an absolute broadcasting phenomenon.

Unread 06-08-2021, 06:27 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Farage didn't just beat BBC news last night...he beat the BBC and Sky News combined.

Delighted for you

Unread 13-09-2021, 05:42 PM
Arnold Muhren

Andrew Neil has jumped ship

Unread 13-09-2021, 07:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren View Post
Andrew Neil has jumped ship
In reality he did that months ago, of course.

They are saying he will still "regularly" appear as a pundit. If you say so, Jan

Unread 14-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post

Well this didn't last long.

How it started:

How it's going:

Unread 14-09-2021, 08:07 PM
red in cumbria

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Going to be the most watched news channel in the UK by the end of the year.
You didn't say which year, tbf.

Unread 16-09-2021, 09:59 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Well this didn't last long.

How it started:

How it's going:

Can't believe three of them binned him off after only two weeks.

Unread 17-09-2021, 02:18 PM
Buck

Andrew Neil on BBC QT last night. Said he left because of a difference of direction the board wanted to what he outlined it to be from the start. Didn't say too much but this part is very telling. Looked very uncomfortable.

Quote:
“I had always made it clear that it wouldn’t be a British Fox News and I think you could do something different without going anywhere near Fox,” Mr Neil said.

“Fox deals in untruths, it deals in conspiracy theories and it deals in fake news.

“That’s not my kind of journalism and I would never have set out to do that.”

Mr Neil added: “I’ll let you draw your own conclusions as to why I’m here tonight and not with GB News.”
A news channel that has virtually no original reporting, minimal news coverage and promoted "wokewatch" as one of its shining points at the very start doing poorly in the ratings is a shock to no one who doesn't spend all day behind a screen in edgy online circles believing the culture war nonsense on a curated feed is actually representative of real life. Nor does a channel that prides itself on being for free speech and anti "cancel culture" except when one of their hosts got suspended for having the nerve to take the knee get much credibility even if they did want to change direction.

Unread 17-09-2021, 03:18 PM
AK14