United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Reply
 
Unread 08-11-2022, 07:02 AM
Denis Irwell
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Might be for the fans but I doubt there’s a team in the league who doesn’t think they’ll get something when they play us. The days of us beating teams in the tunnel are long gone.

Also, when was the last time you went to a game? Seriously.
That doesn’t make it not their cup final

The fact that we’re an easier touch is probably a bigger motivator. If anyone connected with United so much as sneezes, it’s headline news and we’re still the biggest news story, albeit, more often than not, in a negative way. Who wouldn’t want to be there for the schadenfreude that comes with watching your shit team beat a fallen giant, or being the shit team.
 
Unread 08-11-2022, 07:45 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
That doesn’t make it not their cup final

The fact that we’re an easier touch is probably a bigger motivator. If anyone connected with United so much as sneezes, it’s headline news and we’re still the biggest news story, albeit, more often than not, in a negative way. Who wouldn’t want to be there for the schadenfreude that comes with watching your shit team beat a fallen giant, or being the shit team.
Yup.

Crazy to think teams don’t raise their game when they play us and as you say it’s even more so these days when they’ll fancy their chances more.

We’re still the biggest club in England and players today would have grown up with us dominating through the 00’s and early 10’s, so why wouldn’t they see us as their cup final.
 
Unread 08-11-2022, 08:12 AM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Might be for the fans but I doubt there’s a team in the league who doesn’t think they’ll get something when they play us. The days of us beating teams in the tunnel are long gone.

Also, when was the last time you went to a game? Seriously.
Haven't been to a game in years, as I've said on here more than once, but I still speak to other fans and I know United coming to town is still their biggest game of the year. Come to see United, you've only come to see United.....

You sound way out of touch.
 
Unread 08-11-2022, 08:44 AM
believe
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Haven't been to a game in years, as I've said on here more than once, but I still speak to other fans and I know United coming to town is still their biggest game of the year. Come to see United, you've only come to see United.....

You sound way out of touch.
It would be nice if you could read what I post before you reply.

It’s such an arrogant attitude to have to think that we only get beat now because teams raise their games. Villa beat us because they were better and we were shit. Same as Brentford, Brighton and City. Saying that City must have raised their game because it was a derby after all.

You can be arrogant when you’re top of the table and everyone wants to beat you knowing realistically they won’t. When you’ve lost a quarter of your games it’s just clutching at straws.
 
Unread 08-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Just because we're not the best anymore doesn't mean we're not the biggest. Opposition fans still relish beating us more than anyone i'd wager, as a general rule.

Not sure if that translates to players on the pitch though. We've not been good enough most of the time in the last few years for teams to need to raise their game.


We were absolute shit on Sunday, nothing to do with Villa being extra motivated because it was us. I imagine they wanted to impress their new manager but that would have happened against any team they played.
 
Unread 08-11-2022, 11:35 AM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Haven't been to a game in years
Stopped reading there
 
Unread 08-11-2022, 12:12 PM
Zorg
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It would be nice if you could read what I post before you reply.

It’s such an arrogant attitude to have to think that we only get beat now because teams raise their games. Villa beat us because they were better and we were shit. Same as Brentford, Brighton and City. Saying that City must have raised their game because it was a derby after all.

You can be arrogant when you’re top of the table and everyone wants to beat you knowing realistically they won’t. When you’ve lost a quarter of your games it’s just clutching at straws.
This. And even if teams do raise their game against United, that's the deal. We need players big enough to deal with it rather than moaning because Darren Journeyman-Shitc*** is suddenly desperate to put a shift in for the first time ever.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Aston Villa vs Manchester United : Official Matchday Thread 06/11/2022 @ 2.00pm
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United vs Sheriff Tiraspol : Official Europa League Matchday Thread - 27/10/2022 @ 8.00pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 280 29-10-2022 03:46 AM
Manchester United vs Newcastle : Official Matchday Thread 16/10/2022 @ 2.00pm Patty_b Football 324 18-10-2022 10:48 PM
Everton vs Manchester United Official Matchday Thread: 09/10/2022 @ 7.00pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 393 10-10-2022 02:58 PM
Crystal Palace vs Manchester United: Official Matchday Thread - 22/05/2022 @ 4.00pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 140 23-05-2022 12:15 AM
Aston Villa vs Manchester United : Official Matchday Thread - 15/01/2022- Kick Off 17:30 Dasilvatwins Manchester United Match Thread Archive 477 16-01-2022 01:04 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.