United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2010, 11:18 PM
irk

Default Match of the day

Kind of glossed over the munificence of the referee towards the dippers did it not?

Can you imagine if united benefitted from that utterly ridiculous first goal and then Rooney wasn't sent off fir an intentional elbow? It'd be questions in facing parliament.

Edit: I forgot about the other nailed on penalty they wasn't given against them

Unread 25-09-2010, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: Match of the day

You could have mentioned the amount of added time as well

Unread 26-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Switching Off

Watching it now, that vermin goal

Unread 26-09-2010, 03:41 PM
MJ Ramone

6 minutes added on - 8 played.
Liverpool's first 'goal'
Reina's foul on Welbeck
Gerrard's elbow into Welbeck's face

I wonder if any of these incidents will be scrutinised & held up as an example of corrupt Refs for now & until the end of time?

Unread 26-09-2010, 03:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Liverpool's first 'goal'
Reina's foul on Welbeck

I wonder if any of these incidents will be scrutinised & held up as an example of corrupt Refs for now & until the end of time?
If we had a ref who was as much of a "homer" as Attwell yesterday, the press would ensure it was a national scandal

Nft.

Unread 26-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Liverpool's first 'goal'
Reina's foul on Welbeck

Nah, the comments on the Gerrard elbow were laughable:

"He led with it but he didn't swing it"

Unread 26-09-2010, 03:44 PM
andyroo

That first goal, really. What a @#%&!ish, @#%&!ish thing to do. That horrible @#%&! Torres knew full well what he was doing running onto that ball. And the ref, what a tool. Totally out of his depth.

Bruce was £#%&!ing furious after the game, and rightly so. They've been totally diddled. Pool were nervous after their midweek humiliation and they were gifted a dream start.

Unread 26-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That first goal, really. What a @#%&!ish, @#%&!ish thing to do. That horrible @#%&! Torres knew full well what he was doing running onto that ball. And the ref, what a tool. Totally out of his depth.

Bruce was £#%&!ing furious after the game, and rightly so. They've been totally diddled. Pool were nervous after their midweek humiliation and they were gifted a dream start.
Someone mentioned it on the other thread and i've been saying it to a vermin at work. Even if the refs help them get to 4th, they're still £#%&!ing shit and we should enjoy every minute of it.

The observer have fans comments for all the prem games. The vermin one this week is a bint who's blaming it on the off field issues. We've won a european cup and three consecutive titles while we've had similar issues.

Unread 26-09-2010, 04:10 PM
rogieop

i cant see any problems with liverpools first goal.

Unread 26-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Tiberian

The added time issue really frustrates me, so much inconsistency. Today the ref signalled for 3 mins, a standard safe amount, but one that showed no interest in punishing the time wasting that Bolton were engaging in. People are paying a lot of money to watch the game and they are being short changed when this is allowed to happen. If the ball was in play for more than 70/80 secs during the 4 minutes we ended up playing I would be surprised, 2 blatant time wasting subs that used up more time than the minute added on.

Makes you wonder why Fergie did not try something like that at Everton.

Unread 26-09-2010, 04:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
You're weird.

Unread 26-09-2010, 04:29 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
You're weird.
he took the free, was made to take it again, placed it, and took it. simple.

Unread 26-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
he took the free, was made to take it again, placed it, and took it. simple.
Everyone in the ground knew what Johnson was doing, including Torres which was why he continually looked around to see if anyone else was playing on and for the ref to stop him. Technically you could justify it, ball was dead, but it was a cheap goal, disrespectful for Torres to try it on which was why he was so desperate for Kuyt to come forward and take part.

Theft of a goal really.

Unread 26-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I thought that at first, but the reason it was so ridiculous was because the Sunderland defender tried to take it quickly and was pulled back by the referee precisely because it was too far forward, so in passing it back to the keeper he was merely following the ref's instructions.

And as has been said, Torres knew what he was doing, £#%&!ing cheating @#%&!. The ref wasn't even looking when it was taken so how did he know what was going on? Answer, he was totally out of his depth and gave Liverpool everything. He totally chickened out sending off their captain - yellow card??? - and that foul on Welbeck was absolutely £#%&!ing comical, but he would never have dared giving them a 2nd penalty, no matter how blindingly obvious.

Unread 26-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Cream

so let me get this straight: that clip of the Liverpool goal, the ball had been respotted already, right?

then I don't understand what the problem is either.... £#%&!ing mong shouldn't have fannied about passing it back again. I'd have had that if it was United. Blame him, not the vermin.

Unread 26-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
so let me get this straight: that clip of the Liverpool goal, the ball had been respotted already, right?

then I don't understand what the problem is either.... £#%&!ing mong shouldn't have fannied about passing it back again. I'd have had that if it was United. Blame him, not the vermin.
Even if it's right, the ref didn't see him take it. He just assumed it had been taken and like Zorg said, didn't have the character to do anything about it. Much easier to let the home team have it than disallow it and get crucified (rightly or wrongly)

Unread 26-09-2010, 05:05 PM
poppy

I can't believe anyone can knock Torres' role in the goal. It was Law-like in its opportunism. It's no worse than the corner routine we've done a few times in the past where we've 'taken' it short whilst pretending the ball is dead. We don't want to be taking things like that out of the game.

I'd lay most of the blame at the defender. He knows he's got a young ref in charge who's high on applying the letter of the law and low on applying any common sense. Sure, a better ref would have pulled it back but you've got to lay some blame at the defender for ever allowing the situation to unfold.

Bruce was wrong, too. The defender wasn't knocking the ball back to where in the foul took place from. It was already a couple of yards back from that.

Unread 26-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I can't believe anyone can knock Torres' role in the goal. It was Law-like in its opportunism. It's no worse than the corner routine we've done a few times in the past where we've 'taken' it short whilst pretending the ball is dead. We don't want to be taking things like that out of the game.

I'd lay most of the blame at the defender. He knows he's got a young ref in charge who's high on applying the letter of the law and low on applying any common sense. Sure, a better ref would have pulled it back but you've got to lay some blame at the defender for ever allowing the situation to unfold.

Bruce was wrong, too. The defender wasn't knocking the ball back to where in the foul took place from. It was already a couple of yards back from that.
Fair points there tbf. The defender was completely stupid.

I'd actually say that penalty not given for the foul on Welbeck was even worse, he was absolutely flattened.

Unread 26-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy

The difference is that with the corner routines Utd have the ball and thus have the right to try any potentially creative or devious manoeuvre. Sunderland had the free kick, and obviously had not taken it. If Torres really believed that the play was live he would have scored himself, instead he wanted someone else to take some responsibility and become complicit in it.

Unread 26-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Cream

If the ref DIDN'T see it then something's wrong. I mean, torres could've took it off his feet for all he knew.

Did he not consult his linesman?
Closed Thread