United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2022, 11:00 PM
Stickman

nah i’ll be bumping in 12 months to say I told you so.

Unread 29-12-2022, 04:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
That’s great pal. It’s subjective. I was a bit pissed off about Haaland because it simply means city will dominate. You’re not bothered because we were never in for him. You’re not bothered about Liverpool strengthening and possibly finishing above us. You’re not arsed about our inability to act at this moment in time. I am. That’s all.

It’s a forum and unless I’m mistaken, people are allowed different opinions and will inevitably feel different things. I didn’t think what was said was remotely controversial - you disagree. Fine. Good day sir.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said I'm happy with where United are right now, in the context of the past decade. Liverpool signing a player we either weren't in for or wouldn't make a huge difference if we were is neither here or there.

Keep getting pissed off at other clubs signing players if that's what works for you . As you say, it's all subjective.

Unread 29-12-2022, 10:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Maybe I really will have the last word.

Unread 29-12-2022, 11:42 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yeah, that's exactly what I said I'm happy with where United are right now, in the context of the past decade. Liverpool signing a player we either weren't in for or wouldn't make a huge difference if we were is neither here or there.

Keep getting pissed off at other clubs signing players if that's what works for you . As you say, it's all subjective.
Doesn’t really make sense. Liverpool signing players that strengthen them whilst we have a squad with huge gaps in it does affect us - given that we’re 5th and their 6th and we’re both fighting for probably one cl spot. Really struggling with your logic pal but you’re usually spot on so I’ll put it down to you being frustrated with people moaning and the people moaning being frustrated with united

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:12 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Doesn’t really make sense. Liverpool signing players that strengthen them whilst we have a squad with huge gaps in it does affect us - given that we’re 5th and their 6th and we’re both fighting for probably one cl spot. Really struggling with your logic pal but you’re usually spot on so I’ll put it down to you being frustrated with people moaning and the people moaning being frustrated with united
How much does he really strengthen them though? He is maybe their 4th choice wide player behind Salah, Diaz and Jota?

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
How much does he really strengthen them though? He is maybe their 4th choice wide player behind Salah, Diaz and Jota?
Will end up Firmino’s replacement as the number 9/false 9, battling with Nunez.

They lost Jota and Diaz through injury and went out and sorted it with a young attacking option that can play multiple positions.

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
He doesn't strengthen them at all because he's £#%&!ing crap.

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:26 PM
waynes ear's

overrated winger goes to scouse @#%&!s

lock the £#%&!ing thread you stupid @#%&!s

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
overrated winger goes to scouse @#%&!s

lock the £#%&!ing thread you stupid @#%&!s
very much this

Unread 29-12-2022, 03:03 PM
armchair

People were angrier about us missing out on Nunez. "Proper number nine, just what we need."

Unread 29-12-2022, 03:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
very much this
It just seems wrong. That’s our turf they’re muscling in on.

Unread 29-12-2022, 03:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Will end up Firmino’s replacement as the number 9/false 9, battling with Nunez.

They lost Jota and Diaz through injury and went out and sorted it with a young attacking option that can play multiple positions.
He’s not going to be playing as a Number 9.

Unread 29-12-2022, 05:00 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
People were angrier about us missing out on Nunez. "Proper number nine, just what we need."
Another shit @#%&! I called off the bat. The scouse bastards are spending their way back to mediocrity.

Unread 08-01-2023, 12:38 AM
Joe Biden

Shite.

Unread 08-01-2023, 01:08 AM
GBMUFC2020

Why are we giving a £#%&! about players we couldn`t afford. Get a £#%&!ing grip otherwise this page could be 50 pages long!

Unread 08-01-2023, 01:09 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Why are we giving a £#%&! about players we couldn`t afford. Get a £#%&!ing grip otherwise this page could be 50 pages long!
what do you mean?

Unread 08-01-2023, 01:27 AM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
what do you mean?
It means ther are a lot of players we couldn`t afford. If he hadn`t gone to Liverpool know one would have given a £#%&! that`s what I`m saying

I`ll start with Peter Shilton. Do your history

Unread 08-01-2023, 01:27 AM
Drexl

Quote:
It means ther are a lot of players we couldn`t afford. If he hadn`t gone to Liverpool know one would have given a £#%&! that`s what I`m saying
i still dont follow

Unread 08-01-2023, 01:29 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
It means ther are a lot of players we couldn`t afford. If he hadn`t gone to Liverpool know one would have given a f*** that`s what I`m saying

I`ll start with Peter Shilton. Do your history
Are you claiming Shilton is better than gakpo? Currently? Agreed.

Unread 08-01-2023, 01:33 AM
GBMUFC2020

FFs are you lot £#%&!ing brain dead?. There are a lot of top class players we turned down/ can`t afford. Peter Shilton was a prime example of a player wanted by the manager ( read some books) but we didn`t get. Cody Gakpo: is another one. Get over it. We didn`t release the money then and we haven`t now.
Closed Thread