United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Shit-housery post I'm afraid. Boo hoo we only have Rashford, Mata, Mkhitaryan and the world's most expensive footballer left to count on. How ever could we possibly hope to score a goal in a cup tie. Better to just stick with the 1-0 defeat. The United Way
He'll be doing it at home next. Then it really will be unacceptable.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34564967

The United Way

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Only a £#%&!ing oxygen thief would find fault with Degea
Because he's an absolute worldly he is incapable of making a slight mistake and is above any criticism, that is quite a mature , sensible stance your taking

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

The United Way
Tbf, it would be understandable if Rooney was his striker..

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

The United Way
One shot on target

This one's a doozy, remember that time Norwich came to Old Trafford, beat us and had twice as many shots on target as United?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35078521

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

someone post the stats at 35 minutes please. tia.

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

The United Way
How long do you think it will be before Siders can make a post without an LVG based response being fired back?

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:

The United Way
Shyitttttt. Siders your turn to defend LvG again........

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
How long do you think it will be before Siders can make a post without an LVG based response being fired back?
in the context of the relentlessly negative shit he keeps posting about jose's team i'd say it will continue indefinitely.

the lad seems to have completely lost touch with reality tbh.

united much of this season have been almost unrecognisable from the side we were most of the time last season, as anyone who goes will attest. and i say that as someone who will defend to the hilt lvg and what he was trying to achieve.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:03 PM
silv

Quote:
If you consider how long he spent defending the absolute shit we were served up you can understand why

The absolute cheek of it

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
in the context of the relentlessly negative shit he keeps posting about jose's team i'd say it will continue indefinitely.

united much of this season have been almost unrecognisable from the side we were most of the time last season, as anyone who goes will attest. and i say that as someone who will defend to the hilt lvg and what he was trying to achieve.
Price of idolatry, LVG was every footballing, idealistic dream come true for Siders, for him to fail and then be replaced by such an opposite, hard pill.

Personally, I have the anticipation back for matches, it was gone for most of the last 2 years(last couple months of Moyes was unmissable comedy), still ambivalent towards Mourinho as a personality, but still too early to make sweeping judgements about how it will play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
If you consider how long he spent defending the absolute shit we were served up you can understand why

The absolute cheek of it
So, he has to pay a penance? Siders is the main reason why there was so much anticipation and support for LVG, posted a lot of very well written stuff that built the hype. People feel let down.

The amusing part is that some of the posters who are most aggressive towards him are displaying early signs for the potential of similar levels of sensitivity over any criticism of Mourinho.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I'll stop when he changes his avatar to Zlatan and José with the league cup trophy.

Quote:
Price of idolatry, LVG was every footballing, idealistic dream come true for Siders, for him to fail and then be replaced by such an opposite, hard pill.

Personally, I have the anticipation back for matches, it was gone for most of the last 2 years(last couple months of Moyes was unmissable comedy), still ambivalent towards Mourinho as a personality, but still too early to make sweeping judgements about how it will play out.

So, he has to pay a penance? Siders is the main reason why there was so much anticipation and support for LVG, posted a lot of very well written stuff that built the hype. People feel let down.

The amusing part is that some of the posters who are most aggressive towards him are displaying early signs for the potential of similar levels of sensitivity over any criticism of Mourinho.
Alright, get a room, will ya?

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

major subby at MNIK but completely justified...

Sparky in a similar boat. Coupla other big names as well.

Interesting; very, very interesting...

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Whip Hubley

£#%&!ing hell are we still talking about LVG. I was far from his biggest critic, to the extent where I wouldn't have been necessarily absolutely outraged had he been given another season, but £#%&!ing hell the football was hard work, terrible shite 90% of the time, and like Tibs I actually look forward to the games now. Siders can throw as many stats and subbies at the way Mourinho plays as he likes, fact is we've become interesting to watch again. Are we still infuriating? Obviously. Are we performing near the levels we should be? Probably not. But Mourinho has, at least for the majority of match going reds I know, restored the faith, character and attitude that is required around the club.

Any insinuation that LVG would should or could be performing better in his place were he still here is pure folly, and anyone who repeatedly suggests as such on a forum should probably get out of LVGs sizeable Dutch y fronts

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:43 PM
andyroo

I don't for a moment think Van Gaal could be doing any better. But I certainly think Mourinho could be doing better.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£#%&!ing hell are we still talking about LVG. I was far from his biggest critic, to the extent where I wouldn't have been necessarily absolutely outraged had he been given another season, but £#%&!ing hell the football was hard work, terrible shite 90% of the time, and like Tibs I actually look forward to the games now. Siders can throw as many stats and subbies at the way Mourinho plays as he likes, fact is we've become interesting to watch again. Are we still infuriating? Obviously. Are we performing near the levels we should be? Probably not. But Mourinho has, at least for the majority of match going reds I know, restored the faith, character and attitude that is required around the club.

Any insinuation that LVG would should or could be performing better in his place were he still here is pure folly, and anyone who repeatedly suggests as such on a forum should probably get out of LVGs sizeable Dutch y fronts
Not really. It's a natural avenue for a conversation about how negative our current manager is, when the criticism is from someone who was a big fan of the manager who produced the dullest football we've seen in years.

It's only natural that our manager up til a few months ago would be a reference point for how we're doing now.

Unread 15-03-2017, 12:10 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 15-03-2017, 12:19 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I don't for a moment think Van Gaal could be doing any better. But I certainly think Mourinho could be doing better.
He could, but its not entirely his fault that he's not.

Unread 15-03-2017, 12:50 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Repped

Haaaard

Unread 15-03-2017, 12:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
None of those are exactly prolific scorers are they? Trying a bit too hard here IMO.
They scored 50 goals between them last season.

You'd have loved Pip Neville last night pal. "I don't see how United can possibly score. They need penalties."

Glad we sacked off all the negativity around the gaf, though

Quote:

The United Way
United played that match on the front foot. City came to spoil. Unlucky not to win it when we hit the bar late on.

Far more respestable than six at the back and taking turns to kick the oppo best player, tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Weird because I was just out with three reds who all thought last night was quite embarrassing.

I don't come on here for reality, mate

Unread 15-03-2017, 01:35 AM
jem

I think, whatever our views on king louis and jo-mo, we can all agree that neville p has no redeeming features as a pundit.