Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:43 PM
irk

Age 24 - zidane was winning serie a with juventus

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I think it's more do with not playing a single decent pass, not winning a single tackle, letting Kanye have a free shot on goal, getting repeatedly caught in possession, and scuffing his solitary shooting chance when he had hours to pick his spot.
Then you're not watching the game. First half he made a great tackle on the half way line. Got up sprinted to the CFC box and almost got on the end of Rashford's cross.

After Herrera got sent off what the £#%&! is he supposed to do with Fellaini as he partner? He is playing against one of the most disciplined teams and strongest midfield innthe league.

The abuse Pogba gets from his so called supporters is £#%&!ing embarrassing.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Age 24 - zidane was winning serie a with juventus
so a year later than pogba (or was it two years later than pogba)

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:45 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
so a year later than pogba
I've laid a marker down for him. The rest is up to him.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:46 PM
armchair

yeah, think pogba may have been 22 - not sure

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Then you're not watching the game. First half he made a great tackle on the half way line. Got up sprinted to the CFC box and almost got on the end of Rashford's cross.

After Herrera got sent off what the £#%&! is he supposed to do with Fellaini as he partner? He is playing against one of the most disciplined teams and strongest midfield innthe league.

The abuse Pogba gets from his so called supporters is £#%&!ing embarrassing.
I do agree that before the Herrera red he looked on his game tonight, even said so in the match thread. But the lack of effort in the second half was abysmal imo.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:48 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Also it's not really his fault he's the most expensive player in history is it, he's obviously not a £100m player. If we spent £120m on Kevin Nolan would you expect him to be the second coming of Zico...
of course not, but I'm not giving it the old White Van man "what a waste of money" bit.
I'm saying for a player who's valued so highly & obviously rated so highly that he would command the biggest fee in Football history you would expect (at 24 years of age) to see some signs of undeniable quality & composure.
He should be the player who we all looked to to drag us back into the game second half - despite the disadvantage - but he went hiding, pulled out of the tackle with Kante which lead to the goal & was generally weak at piss.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:49 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
yeah, think pogba may have been 22 - not sure
And he's done it twice. Listen you're just not-picking now. The question is - is he going to go bald for the lads?

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
I do agree that before the Herrera red he looked on his game tonight, even said so in the match thread. But the lack of effort in the second half was abysmal imo.
I think his head went off along with herrera. Some of the positions he was taking up were hilarious.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I think it's more do with not playing a single decent pass, not winning a single tackle, letting Kanye have a free shot on goal, getting repeatedly caught in possession, and scuffing his solitary shooting chance when he had hours to pick his spot.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
of course not, but I'm not giving it the old White Van man "what a waste of money" bit.
I'm saying for a player who's valued so highly & obviously rated so highly that he would command the biggest fee in Football history you would expect (at 24 years of age) to see some signs of undeniable quality & composure.
He should be the player who we all looked to to drag us back into the game second half - despite the disadvantage - but he went hiding, pulled out of the tackle with Kante which lead to the goal & was generally weak at piss.
And I agree with you, but I think we're asking him to play a role he's not entirely comfortable with. Imo he's not a box to box midfielder and I very much doubt he ever will be, he has a different set of skills and to get the best out of those set of skills maybe we need a different type of player next to him. Herrera is not a ball winner, he tries tbf, but as tonight showed it's not his best role.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:54 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Back page of the mirror tomorrow - "Yeezy does it"

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
And I agree with you, but I think we're asking him to play a role he's not entirely comfortable with. Imo he's not a box to box midfielder and I very much doubt he ever will be, he has a different set of skills and to get the best out of those set of skills maybe we need a different type of player next to him. Herrera is not a ball winner, he tries tbf, but as tonight showed it's not his best role.
We know what isn't his best role, which is whatever he's been doing for us. I'd dearly like to know what is though.

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Sizlack

Kante ability to pressure a player nick the ball without fouling is magical tbf, low centre of gravity or something I don't know what it is.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Kante ability to pressure a player nick the ball without fouling is magical tbf, low centre of gravity or something I don't know what it is.
Talent mate. It's a totally lost skill these days tackling.

He's the best I've seen in ages. Doesn't need to launch into bone-crunching
Tackles, just casually wins the ball every time.

Unread 14-03-2017, 02:41 PM
wiganste

Pogba will be a quality player but he's £#%&!ing lazy imo, Needs to work harder

Unread 15-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Clarkie

Shots fired at Bunks

Unread 15-03-2017, 12:53 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
ant?

Unread 15-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
ant?
Dec?

Unread 15-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Maybe he should start caring what UNITED FANS think, £#%&! the rest obviously.

Wasn't the 'dodgy' company he kept while here last time one of the reasons Fergie was dubious about the boy? Now he has 100 x the money so can get upto 100 x the mischief.

Must admit iam slowly starting to turn, 7 months of benefit of the doubt is starting to wear thin tbh
Closed Thread