United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh £#%&! off, the BBC panel trying to get Rojo banned now
Didn't the ref give a foul so hence he actually saw it?

BarryX

Rojo has come out that game a hero in my opinion. Beast of a player and got in a sublime tackle in our own area. Top red is Rojo.

Red Santos

Someone boot that tory @#%&! lampard and those bias bbc @#%&!s into the £#%&!ing air!!

barca99

Pogba was shit but in his defence he was in there on his own against the best team in the league and has played about a million games this season. Lad looks £#%&!ed.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
You counting Mata in that 3

But nah I get what you mean, but considering how poor of an attacking/finishing threat we've been of late was hardly surprising Jose didn't trust those 3 to do the job in attack

As bad as Rojo is he did really well today, I reckon Jose will keep him
No mate. Mata didn't play.. did he?

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Rojo has come out that game a hero in my opinion. Beast of a player and got in a sublime tackle in our own area. Top red is Rojo.
I do love a bit of argie snide in the side tbf. He's a good hard centre back, but awful left back. Him and Bailly should be CB pairing.

Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
this.

If Pogba had half the desire & application of the likes of Young & Valencia he might be of some £#%&!ing use.
He's the epitome of style over substance.
Nothing player by & large.
@#%&! out of challenges - allowing Kante to get that shot away was embarrassing. Keano would have torn his £#%&!ing throat out.

game over after the red card.
Rashford has to score that, but fair play he put a shift in tonight.
Valencia & Rojo were superb.

Our lack of quality in midfield & the final third is piss-poor.
Pogba probably had the toughest task of the lot outside of Jones man marking Hazard ffs

He was surrounded by quick players popping balls around him, what did you guys expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No mate. Mata didn't play.. did he?
He was there...

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Pogba was shit but in his defence he was in there on his own against the best team in the league and has played about a million games this season. Lad looks £#%&!ed.
What £#%&!s me off no end is the lack of effort

Whether that's down to him being £#%&!ed I'm not sure, but he needs to £#%&!ing start showing some effort and desire in games.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Sizlack

That's the 3rd time conte has said we have the best squad in the league. E.g. Our manager must be shit. They really don't like each other.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
United haven't gone to Stamford Bridge and played anything resembling attacking football in £#%&!ing years. People moaning that United didn't "have a go" or something like that...come on. We got pinned back by a ruthlessly drilled tactical team. I have no idea what anyone was expecting after we went down to 10 men. Away to the form team in the country, with the best defence and a fully fit team raring to go.

I hope spurs batter them...but without Kane they'll struggle
They're just better than us, it's that simple. We offered nothing even before the sending off, and had we tried to play any other way we probably would have been done three or four nil again. Hate to say it, but that's where we are right now, especially when the four signings are either not playing or playing under par.

That said, Hazard is one cheating @#%&!.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:05 PM
irk

Quote:
Ridiculous tbh the lad is 19 and feeding on scraps for 80% of the game

He manages to make a chance out of nothing and ends up one on one with wine of the best GK's in the league, but somehow how he HAS fonacore?!?

Good chance he should have done better but hardly and nailed on chance ffs
Calm down, dear. I'm not having a go at the lad.

I'm not making excuses for him either.

You're not going to get many chances in the situation we found ourselves. You're up front for United with pretensions of being our number 9? Then those are the chances you've got to bag. It's the difference between being a nearly man and being the man.

Sparky***

Quote:
Pogba probably had the toughest task of the lot outside of Jones man marking Hazard ffs

He was surrounded by quick players popping balls around him, what did you guys expect?
Him to have a positive contribution to the game? Nobody expected him to charge up the pitch and bang one in the top corner but something actually positive would have been nice...like receiving the ball under pressure and finding a red shirt to relieve the relentless waves of blue shirts...

As it was he did neither a decent defensive job or a decent attacking job.. it was a complete 'nothing' performance from the most expensive footballer in history.

My Name is Keith

Quote:
Unfair.

We're not what we were. We've played more games than any team in the country this season. We've got a mini injury crisis. Thursday is realistically our best chance of making the CL next season.

I can't blame him for prioritising it over a game where we're down to ten men for an hour
Word

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They're just better than us, it's that simple. We offered nothing even before the sending off, and had we tried to play any other way we probably would have been done three or four nil again. Hate to say it, but that's where we are right now, especially when the four signings are either not playing or playing under par.

That said, Hazard is one cheating @#%&!.
Completely agree. Unfortunately some people can't seem to accept that this United side are 6th for a reason.

Much much better United sides have gone to Stamford bridge and been swept aside in the last 10 years.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I expect much, much better tbh
I expect top drawer quality when he has the ball at his feet & at the very least I expect him to not pull out of challenges.

Ethers

Ace.

Tumescent Throb

no-one will care because chelsea won, but the game was completely trashed by the referee - until then it was a high quality battle between two very well matched sets of players and systems.

costa's diving around was a £#%&!ing disgrace. that one near the end when he went down holding his face on the far side as the camera looked at it was pathetic, and the only thing more pathetic was the bbc commentator's story telling...

thought pogba was excellent until the red as well, so not sure why everyone's digging him out. exactly the right tactics from that moment to play for a counter; we defended very well knowing that we had no lives left to get caught diving into last ditch tackles...

for once i'll defend herrera as well. thought he was proper getting wired in, and then got booked for some @#%&! running into him

the second booking was a complete joke - the slightest touch followed by a £#%&!ing swallow dive from hazard. pathetic.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:08 PM
puressence

What minute did pogba get hammered from by the experts .. was it the warm -up
How many managers on here hammered rashford ... all @#%&!s everyone £#%&!ing one .. Do me a favour block me you @#%&!s ..

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:09 PM
no fun

And so to Thursday

Bailly, zlat, Micky t...all certain starters

Valencia and rojo deserve to keep their places

May as well play Herrera now he's banned for domestic games

Must win

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Unfair.

We're not what we were. We've played more games than any team in the country this season. We've got a mini injury crisis. Thursday is realistically our best chance of making the CL next season.

I can't blame him for prioritising it over a game where we're down to ten men for an hour

Yep. Just the way it is, unfortunately. The red card killed us.