United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:00 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Stinks of a team Ratcliffe/Glazer signing.
Yes, it has me really worried. Mason Mount has the stink of Glazer mediocrity all over it.

I think if the club beats Chelsea, we'll hear that Sir Jim won the bid by tomorrow.

Unread 25-05-2023, 09:00 PM
browser

Think he’s a good player. We need to replace Fred, The Scottish Player and Donny with quality. He’s a good age, sounds like a good price, prem proven and he’s performed well on the big stage.

Unread 25-05-2023, 10:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 25-05-2023, 10:35 PM
NedKelly

Keep this tramp out of this team ffs

Unread 25-05-2023, 10:44 PM
Baron

For £20m sure, but Chelsea want £60m+ it’s a ludicrous option. Loan and get him off their books would be a smart deal at best. I don’t really like him as a starter, but he’s got attributes that are like a good DvB. If we can trade them out then why not.

A big money spend would be bonkers though.

Unread 25-05-2023, 11:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Keep this tramp out of this team ffs
Did he play ?

Unread 26-05-2023, 07:11 AM
Patty_b

If he's worth £55m with 13 months left on his contract then this transfer window is going to interesting, especially with Newcastle firmly in the dope squad.

But willing to give him a go if he joins.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:17 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

Lingard with a bigger nose.

No thanks.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:59 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Did he play ?
He’s so anonymous it’s impossible to tell.

Unread 26-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Lingard with a bigger nose.

No thanks.

Cancel it.

Masoff Moun’t

Unread 26-05-2023, 09:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 26-05-2023, 09:46 PM
dunk

Did we learn nothing from Mata and Matic? No more overpriced Chelsea cast-offs ffs.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:29 PM
History

Don't really rate him, and maybe my mind has been warped by football inflation since Neymar to PSG

55 million for a fairly young English international midfielder, also a champions league winner...doesn't actually sound like the worst value tbh

I'd be more tempted to trust Eth on this one.

Don't see Chelsea selling though, they probably need him to prop up the homegrown numbers

Unread 27-05-2023, 12:06 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Don't really rate him, and maybe my mind has been warped by football inflation since Neymar to PSG

55 million for a fairly young English international midfielder, also a champions league winner...doesn't actually sound like the worst value tbh

I'd be more tempted to trust Eth on this one.

Don't see Chelsea selling though, they probably need him to prop up the homegrown numbers
They actually need to sell homegrown players for FFP because on the balance sheet they go down as pure profit as they cost nothing

Unread 27-05-2023, 09:25 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
They actually need to sell homegrown players for FFP because on the balance sheet they go down as pure profit as they cost nothing
If that’s the case, go all in for Reece james.

Unread 27-05-2023, 09:27 AM
Coracao

Not as bad as many on here are making out. Depends on what the fee / budget is really.

Unread 27-05-2023, 09:31 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not as bad as many on here are making out. Depends on what the fee is really.
It’s been said he’s a number 10. I think if he was the final signing or one of the last ones after the striker , CM or CB there would be more acceptance of him.

We have a limited budget, need to focus on the high priority positions before we spend on others.

Especially if he’s costing 40-55 million. Offer them martial for a straight swap and claim he’s a good striker. Their owner is clueless

Unread 27-05-2023, 09:34 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s been said he’s a number 10. I think if he was the final signing or one of the last ones after the striker , CM or CB there would be more acceptance of him.

We have a limited budget, need to focus on the high priority positions before we spend on others.

Especially if he’s costing 40-55 million. Offer them martial for a straight swap and claim he’s a good striker. Their owner is clueless
Goes without saying there are higher priority signings.

Unread 27-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Goes without saying there are higher priority signings.
Personally I don’t want him. I think for the price quoted and from what I’ve seen of him he just doesn’t make sense. Much rather take a punt on a younger gem from Ajax than him.

That Xavi Simmons from PSV 17 goals in 33 games looks decent.

Unread 27-05-2023, 09:39 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Personally I don’t want him. I think for the price quoted and from what I’ve seen of him he just doesn’t make sense. Much rather take a punt on a younger gem from Ajax than him.
no more ajax punts for the minute thanks