United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not very well though were they
As well as the players he had were capable. Point is it didn’t take months to coach. It was instant. He just made them fitter over time and added better players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You don’t know that.
I do

Quote:
I haven’t seen Klopp buy 11 players, stick them all on the bench while continuing with Brendon Rodgers players and whining that he can’t go out and buy another 11 willy nilly. Our managers were supported; however, in the real world, anyone who employs and supports you is entitled to ask at some point when we can expect some improvement.
Why would a manager be reluctant to play players he chose?

Besides, there’s more to supporting a manager than buying some players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s reasonable for two or three buys not to work out, but all of them? The simple fact is that we were worse after two and a half years, and almost a whole side bought than we were at the beginning; at what point is it reasonable for any employer to ask where their investment has gone?
We were 6th when mouirnho took over. We were second at the point woodward decided to not back his plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What leeway?

If he was progressing as he has at Liverpool he'd have been left alone.
8th, 4th, 4th.

Quote:
I’m not sure our owners would’ve baulked at him spending less than we have, including signing the likes of Matip and Milner for free.
Yeah, proper Woodward signings.

There’s a reason klopp told woodward to £#%&! off.

Unread 08-05-2019, 06:17 PM
andyroo

The implication that all we needed to go deep in the league and Europe and have a team we can actually be proud of was to back the increasingly desperate Mourinho uncritically is preposterous.

We're right to question Woodward's motives for blocking him, or his credibility. So we should expect the same rigour of his appointment in the first place.

They were never on the same page and Woodward changes with the wind because he is weak and has no idea about football. Mourinho will never change and that £#%&!ing #@&%! thinking he could control him is laughable.

By the same token backing Ole uncritically is going to be suicidal. So will some happy clappy idea of surrounding him with a Freggle old boys club.

As for Klopp he memorably said he wouldn't spend what we do even if he could. It played well with the gallery but he was talking out his arse knowingly, in a similar way to what Freggle would very often do. Of course now he's got big money he's spending it.

Unread 08-05-2019, 06:47 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Over a dozen posts arguing about Mourinho’s theoretical signing of Steven £#%&!ing Caulker.

Missed this place.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:10 PM
windy waffles

Is Steven Caulker available?

Cheeky bid?

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Tiberian

Klopp finishing 4th is not really important. It was clear to see the path they were on, the linearity of the progress, the coherence of squad building. Mou finishing second has been used to justify his time here, but it was meaningless, just as you could see how Liverpool were developing, it was also obvious that our position was not indicative of any true progress, and that his team already needed to be shredded and built from scratch again. So, we were 2 years into his reign and pretty much in the exact same position as when he started.

Add having 2 years of experiencing the Mou toxicity and there was very little to hold on to as a positive from his first 2 years here.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Klopp finishing 4th is not really important. It was clear to see the path they were on, the linearity of the progress, the coherence of squad building. Mou finishing second has been used to justify his time here, but it was meaningless, just as you could see how Liverpool were developing, it was also obvious that our position was not indicative of any true progress, and that his team already needed to be shredded and built from scratch again. So, we were 2 years into his reign and pretty much in the exact same position as when he started.

Add having 2 years of experiencing the Mou toxicity and there was very little to hold on to as a positive from his first 2 years here.
Facts. Well put.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

I wasn’t comparing Klopp to Mourinho. I was answering a post that said Klopp would succeed here. I don’t think he would because the owners would have made his job too difficult and wouldn’t allow him the chance to make mistakes and put them right like the Liverpool board have.

The same reasons I don’t think Ole will ultimately succeed here.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I wasn’t comparing Klopp to Mourinho. I was answering a post that said Klopp would succeed here. I don’t think he would because the owners would have made his job too difficult and wouldn’t allow him the chance to make mistakes and put them right like the Liverpool board have.

The same reasons I don’t think Ole will ultimately succeed here.
Again, what mistakes?

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:40 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Again, what mistakes?
If Ole signs Steven Caulker I'm going to Carrington with a bedsheet.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If Ole signs Steven Caulker I'm going to Carrington with a bedsheet.

Catastrophic signing tbf. Must've cost the Earth, not sure how their budget could stand it. Shame they couldn't £#%&! him off when they realised he was shit.. not like us and *insert name here*

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Again, what mistakes?
So you don’t think he’s made any mistakes in his 4 years there...

You have a very odd obsession with defending Klopp’s time at Liverpool.

Quote:

Catastrophic signing tbf. Must've cost the Earth, not sure how their budget could stand it. Shame they couldn't £#%&! him off when they realised he was shit.. not like us and *insert name here*
At least they’ll make a shit load this summer selling Klaven eh pal.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sell him before Lukaku and Sanchez

Hoping Ole does a Fergie and backs talent!

Unread 08-05-2019, 08:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sell him before Lukaku and Sanchez

Hoping Ole does a Fergie and backs talent!
First out the door mate....

Unread 08-05-2019, 08:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
First out the door mate....
Had secretly forgotten how beautiful that strike at 2:30 was

Unread 08-05-2019, 08:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Christ...

Imagine defending a Liverpool manager this much
It’s actually an attack on our managers, but there you go..

Unread 08-05-2019, 08:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
It’s actually an attack on our managers, but there you go..
Course it is pal...

Funnily enough though my point is that our board is shit and wouldn’t allow a manager like Klopp work like he is at Liverpool.

You keep defending your boy though.

Unread 08-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Can you two PM Each other ?

Unread 08-05-2019, 08:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Course it is pal...

Funnily enough though my point is that our board is shit and wouldn’t allow a manager like Klopp work like he is at Liverpool.

You keep defending your boy though.
My point is that a manager has to earn the boards trust, work within the boundaries they’re given and make the best of it. He has done all those things, but you can’t tell because he’s a success. Ours have done dnone of those things.

Unread 08-05-2019, 08:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
My point is that a manager has to earn the boards trust, work within the boundaries they’re given and make the best of it. He has done all those things, but you can’t tell because he’s a success. Ours have done dnone of those things.
Each boards boundaries to work within are different, It’s why I think Klopp would have failed here. He wouldn’t have put up with a CEO signing players for their marketability for starters.

Let’s not forget Klopp turned us down...

He knew himself it wouldn’t have worked for him here.
Closed Thread