United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-04-2023, 07:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We bought a superstar in the summer and he’s been £#%&!ing brilliant for us

Very, very lazy comparing him to £#%&!ing Schweinsteiger and Falcao ffs. He’s scored 24 league goals this season in an awful spurs side.
Casemiro I assume? He's got to get past 'one season wonder' stage, and he's been poor/MIA for near 3 months now. Eriksen has been brilliant and we all accept he needs replacing with someone younger and more athletic.

Adding another 30 year old to this team doesn't seem ideal, imo. I'd accept Kane if we got a top prospect too, but we've not got those sort of funds, on top of everything else we need.

I've got a hunch we'll end up with the Portuguese lad,

Unread 25-04-2023, 08:08 PM
Ethers

Come on mate, calling Casemiro ‘poor’ for nearly 3 months now is bordering on hysterical. It’s simply not true.

Unread 25-04-2023, 08:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Come on mate, calling Casemiro ‘poor’ for nearly 3 months now is bordering on hysterical. It’s simply not true.
Or MIA. He's not got back up to speed since the first suspension

Unread 25-04-2023, 08:28 PM
Hyman_Roth

You’re buying someone who can immediately slot in - knows most of the players, understands our style. It’s basically van persie joining a worse side. It’s exactly what we need because we don’t have an established 9 that a new recruit can bed in behind. I would ideally sign Kane and a younger up and coming striker if it was possible. Get rid of martial, melt Elanga down for glue and maybe keep weggie just for the bantz and positivity.

If it was a choice between Kane and Haaland then I’d have gone for haaland every day of the week and still would but Kane would be a fantastic signing for us. No question.

Unread 25-04-2023, 08:29 PM
dunk

Can he immediately slot in? Or is he institutionalised?

Unread 25-04-2023, 08:42 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can he immediately slot in? Or is he institutionalised?
He’s played with shaw, rashers, sancho with England pal. Obvs Maguire will be long gone all being well. I would say he’s more capable of slotting in than any other player I can think of.

We need two strikers so I would take a riskier option and a banker like Kane.

Assumes that we’re bought out.

Worried that spurs will get naggle horrific checked pants guy (good appointment) and kane will stay.

Unread 25-04-2023, 08:50 PM
Bunker Buster

I just don't like him....slotting in aside...

Simpler find him the epitome of the Meh meme....

Sorry Kane headz ..

Unread 25-04-2023, 11:32 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Casemiro I assume? He's got to get past 'one season wonder' stage, and he's been poor/MIA for near 3 months now. Eriksen has been brilliant and we all accept he needs replacing with someone younger and more athletic.

Adding another 30 year old to this team doesn't seem ideal, imo. I'd accept Kane if we got a top prospect too, but we've not got those sort of funds, on top of everything else we need.

Missed half of it through suspension to be fair...

Unread 26-04-2023, 03:28 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Didn't Dunk peg him originally as a bad signing? Now he's a potential "one season wonder"

Casemiro has been out for four games, and three before that - no surprise he lost his momentum. No idea where this poor for 3 months comes from.

Kane would be great in the short term. Chelsea looking more likely though.

Unread 26-04-2023, 08:14 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I just don't like him....slotting in aside...

Simpler find him the epitome of the Meh meme....

Sorry Kane headz ..
I thought the same about sheringham. That turned out ok.

Unread 26-04-2023, 08:16 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Didn't Dunk peg him originally as a bad signing? Now he's a potential "one season wonder"

Casemiro has been out for four games, and three before that - no surprise he lost his momentum. No idea where this poor for 3 months comes from.

Kane would be great in the short term. Chelsea looking more likely though.
Watching him play, lunging about all over the shop, giving the ball away a lot is where the idea he's been poor comes from. As noted though, he's never got back up to speed after the first suspension. WC hangover etc.

Unread 26-04-2023, 08:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Kane is a ridiculously appealing choice and about as close to a sure thing as we can get. I think he’s got a good 3 year left at the top. He’s an absolute drip, but he’s a top pro.

However….

I’d prefer the younger option of Osimhen. More of a risk in terms of whether he’d succeed, but I want us taking more risks for the right profile rather than slugging it out with Levy to pay £100m for a 30 year old.

If we do get Kane, I’d want us to get another Ferguson/that Danish kid or we’re going to end up needing to spend another fortune in a couple of years.

Eriksen, Casemiro, Kane, Varane would all be hitting 34-35 with a lot of miles on the clock and that’s a lot to replace.

Having said that, if we end up picking up the country’s best striker, I won’t be complaining

Unread 26-04-2023, 09:07 AM
Parlabane

I know what Bunks means – Kane just doesn’t appeal to me and I cant help shake the feeling that we have seen the best of him.

I see the comparisons with RVP but he was desperate to come and I just don’t get the feeling Kane has the motivation to move

It would mean a huge out lay in transfer fee and wages which I think could be spent more wisely and we would be putting all our eggs in the Kane basket.

More than happy to be proved wrong and he would be an instant upgrade to what we have now, just not convinced it’s the right move

Unread 26-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
I know what Bunks means – Kane just doesn’t appeal to me and I cant help shake the feeling that we have seen the best of him.

I see the comparisons with RVP but he was desperate to come and I just don’t get the feeling Kane has the motivation to move

It would mean a huge out lay in transfer fee and wages which I think could be spent more wisely and we would be putting all our eggs in the Kane basket.

More than happy to be proved wrong and he would be an instant upgrade to what we have now, just not convinced it’s the right move
Owners will play a part. If we’ve got Qatari money, we could get Kane and 2 or 3 more without worrying about money (within FFP reason). If not, it’ll be Kane and whatever we can rustle up from sales.

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:00 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Watching him play, lunging about all over the shop, giving the ball away a lot is where the idea he's been poor comes from. As noted though, he's never got back up to speed after the first suspension. WC hangover etc.
Sorry, don’t agree, he was just as important and good between suspensions. Remember how gutted we all were when he got the 2nd red?

Since the last one he’s not quite back though, I’d agree with that, but then most of it he’s had to be too deep to accommodate the chuckle brothers.

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:10 AM
shenwen

I've been a bit advocate for Osimhen but given the amount we would need to spend, the signing does give me concerns.

Of course if we get sold, then who gives a £#%&!. Buy him and Mbape both

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:31 AM
Hank Scorpio

This is the kind of signing we've been doing for the last 10 years and that's gone very well.
Have to get past this short term stuff and actually build a squad that's going to be competing for the next 5 years. Also think its ridiculous that we would be helping Spurs massively in their rebuild by taking Kane off their hands. The only other club likely to do something so stupid is Chelsea and they're no blueprint for anyone.

If Kane really wants to come to United let him run his contract down and come for free next summer. That shouldn't be a problem for those who think we'll get a good 3 or 4 years out of him. It's what a properly run club would do. In the meantime we can go out and sign a young (fully scouted) striker.

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:34 AM
Ethers

If we think he’s a sure thing (and surely he’s as close to that as is possible on his position and this league), and we’re absolutely desperate for a striker, I don’t see how it makes any sense to wait a year to make the move and instead gamble on a younger striker.

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:37 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

lol wut?

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
lol wut?
What? He missed 7 games - MIA, and has been poor since coming back. It’s not difficult.