United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Stakker

Default No mention of Sir Alex or MUFC in Ronaldo's gushing acceptance of Balon D'or.

just watched an interview with him. Left it until the last moment to even mention his team mates.

Thanks for mentioning the team that got you there.

Unread 03-12-2008, 02:13 AM
naes_sean

did he keep thanking himself?

edit: just watched it and to be honest, he seemed humbled by it all.

Unread 03-12-2008, 02:14 AM
denis lawless

£#%&! him....hes a #@&%!

im just milking him for the goals until he £#%&!s off

Unread 03-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
did he keep thanking himself?

edit: just watched it and to be honest, he seemed humbled by it all.
- In order:

"Friends
Family
Agent (WTF?)
People he lives with?
People who know me".

Then after a few more mins he remembers his team-mates.

Unread 03-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Grimson

23-year-old accepts award in his 3rd language, gets slated for it.

Unread 03-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Stakker

Don't care about his language skills, he's clearer than rooney, I just think he went out of his way to avoid mentioning United.

His AGENT, FFS?

Unread 03-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Spiffy

I'm no big Ronnie fan but he would have got slated on here unless he'd dedicated it to Paul Scholes or the Real Girl Thread.

It's an individual award for his domestic and international performances.

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Crumps

Default Can't do right for doing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakker
Don't care about his language skills, he's clearer than rooney, I just think he went out of his way to avoid mentioning United.

His AGENT, FFS?
If he did gush over United he'd probably get slated for being insincere or two faced.

Mendes has been his agent for a fair few years now even before he came to United (citation needed) he has clearly had an influence on his professional as well as personal life making him a shit load of money along the way. £#%&! me I think I'd thank him too.

I'm hardly his biggest fan since the going on of this summer but the need of some quarters to hate one of our own (as long as he pulls on the shirt and performs for us that's what he is people) just makes me want to get behind the lad.

Slate him if and when he actually does something wrong rather than look for things to moan about. I hope he stays and I hope their bitterness grows with each goal he scores and trophy he has hand in winning until they end up with a tache and a wardrobe full of laser blue apparel.

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:23 AM
Argentina

Looks like a pic of Keane standing over Haaland in the background.

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Bral

Did he thank God?

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:41 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'm no big Ronnie fan but he would have got slated on here unless he'd dedicated it to Paul Scholes or the Real Girl Thread.

It's an individual award for his domestic and international performances.
I agree. He's a £#%&!ing tosser if I'm honest but like I said, he seemed humbled by it all.

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:46 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakker

His AGENT, FFS?
Hardly surprising. The single most important person in a professional footballer's professional life. Get over it.

Unread 03-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Stakker

Well this thread certainly told me.

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:19 AM
borsuk

some people are just not happy unless they're pissed off about something

Unread 03-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Pop

I so could not give a £#%&! about him or that award. Sooner he's out of Utd the better.

Really beginning to detest him tbh

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:35 AM
elephantstone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
23-year-old accepts award in his 3rd language, gets slated for it.
agreed, he deserves the award regardless of what happened in the Summer

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
shyteds

Was it a team award or an individual award FFS.

He £#%&!ed up in the summer, hes realised it, and now hes getting on with it.

He will have the same amount of loyalty as Roy Keane had for us. MOTWYW

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I so could not give a £#%&! about him or that award. Sooner he's out of Utd the better.

Really beginning to detest him tbh
:shakehead:

£#%&!ing idiotic.

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:51 AM
elephantstone

Ronaldo added: “It's amazing that only four players in the club's history have won it, I didn't know that until yesterday.

“So it's special for the club and obviously for me and I feel very proud to be part of the history of the Ballon D'Or and the history of this club. You work hard to win team awards and personal awards, but to win this one is very special.”

Unread 03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Ronaldo added: “It's amazing that only four players in the club's history have won it, I didn't know that until yesterday.

“So it's special for the club and obviously for me and I feel very proud to be part of the history of the Ballon D'Or and the history of this club. You work hard to win team awards and personal awards, but to win this one is very special.”
What a @#%&!

Sell him!!!!
Closed Thread