United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Football Scholesy

Robbo:

Quote:
"Only he can answer whether or not he may register again in case of emergencies. But because of his attitude and the way he goes about training it is good to have him around the place."
Is the consensus that he's packed it in on the quiet? When was the last time Fergie spoke about him publicly?

Should be motivation enough to win this title ASAP so we can get him out there at least one more time

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:08 PM
MJ Ramone

I had a hunch about this a while ago.
He picked up that mystery injury & nobody has really mentioned him since.
I'm sure he'll play the final day if it's wrapped up before then, but I think he has 'retired'

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:09 PM
dunk

I think he has unofficially retired himself. Some of his performances early in the season were horrific and his body language suggested he knew it. Then he disappeared and there was silence. Fraggle mentioned him struggling with a knee injury and that he should be available for Sunderland. Since then silence and no sign...

I reckon they are planning to wheel him out should we get the league won at some point..

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
andyroo

Love Scholesy and he should've gone out better than this

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Zorg

He'll be in a two-man midfield with Giggs at Arsenal.

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Love Scholesy and he should've gone out better than this
He did. That's the sad part.
He had that testimonial with Eric & Pele ffs
He scored a screamer, did the lap of honour & we looked forward to a new era.

...then he was brought out of retirement at the expense of Cleverley & Pogba (or an actual midfield signing) He did ok in a couple of home games, but the reality is the gamble didn't pay off.

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
he'll be in a two-man midfield with giggs at arsenal.

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Mr Castro

This season has been an utter disaster for him personally, he hasn't made the impact he did last season (when he gave the team a lift) and when he's played he's made me nervous slightly. Spurs at home is probably the best example.

It's not paid off ultimately, and I think he'll call it a day again in the Summer.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

People dismissing what he did last season is £#%&!ing hilarious tbh. He was the best central midfielder in the league until he was ridiculously left out at Wigan - at which point Yaya stole the show at Newcastle.

He wasn't the same player this time around though, so probably the summer break and pre-season was one too far...

Hope he makes the Swansea game...

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
This season has been an utter disaster for him personally, he hasn't made the impact he did last season (when he gave the team a lift) and when he's played he's made me nervous slightly. Spurs at home is probably the best example.

It's not paid off ultimately, and I think he'll call it a day again in the Summer.
Could've done with some of his composure on Monday while everyone else looked like they were trying to control a marble whilst wired up to electrodes.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:15 PM
sullerz

I just hope when he's back, he'll have worked on his tackles, doubt it though:

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
People dismissing what he did last season is £#%&!ing hilarious tbh. He was the best central midfielder in the league until he was ridiculously left out at Wigan - at which point Yaya stole the show at Newcastle.

He wasn't the same player this time around though, so probably the summer break and pre-season was one too far...

Not just any old pre-season either.

Africa and Asia FFS :shakehead: no wonder half the squad looks £#%&!ed.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

True. He was excellent several times, started to fade, but I'm sure if we'd won the league it would have been generally considered a positive move. Fine margins and all that.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Could've done with some of his composure on Monday while everyone else looked like they were trying to control a marble whilst wired up to electrodes.
Whilst wearing rollerskates on the wrong feet.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
True. He was excellent several times, started to fade, but I'm sure if we'd won the league it would have been generally considered a positive move. Fine margins and all that.
We would've won the league if he'd played or been on the bench against Wigan

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

good point. where they going this time around? australia isn't it :shakehead:

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:33 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
good point. where they going this time around? australia isn't it :shakehead:
Space. The idiots.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Space. The idiots.
Yup. Hear they're planning a tour of the oort cloud pre-season.:shakehead:

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Whilst wearing rollerskates on the wrong feet.
whilst recovering from a fortnight in a sensory depravation tank.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:48 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Yeah I'm sure the few walking pace games they played against dong fangzhou XI and Mandela FC 7 months ago, and the way they had to travel there whilst sleeping on luxury aeroplanes are the reason for our recent lack of bad results...
Closed Thread