United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2021, 09:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
The "i'm playing with an injury" became a crutch. Every time he got tackled it was as if it was the worse pain ever. Not doubting his injury but it became Marcus "i'm carrying an injury" rashford every game. imo he should had the op sometime last season. This play with injuries thing is ok for a game or two not for months. Bite the bullet and get it sorted.
United’s fault for not having a squad that could accommodate his absence.

Southgate should have taken somebody that could play.

Unread 30-07-2021, 09:48 PM
armchair

No harm in a young pacy player getting an extended rest imo.

Unread 30-07-2021, 10:33 PM
Mr_Ed

Wonder why it’s taken nearly 3 weeks to decide? Should have been sorted immediately.

Unread 30-07-2021, 10:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United’s fault for not having a squad that could accommodate his absence.

Southgate should have taken somebody that could play.
Southgate should never have taken him. He knew no player is going to turn down playing for their country and he should have taken that out of his hands and just taken someone who was fit.

"sorry marcus you're nowhere near fit, you need an op. Go and have your operation and a holiday, there'll be plenty more tournaments in the future."

Unread 30-07-2021, 10:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Southgate should never have taken him. He knew no player is going to turn down playing for their country and he should have taken that out of his hands and just taken someone who was fit.

"sorry marcus you're nowhere near fit, you need an op. Go and have your operation and a holiday, there'll be plenty more tournaments in the future."
“….and I’m not going to play you anyway”

Unread 30-07-2021, 10:53 PM
dunk

Quote:

Yep. Him and Henderson. Both were passengers and should’ve been left out, to protect the player in Rashford’s case and to have someone useful and protect the England team/squad in Henderson’s case. Shit management.

Unread 30-07-2021, 10:54 PM
armchair

Quote:

Yep, an outrage. Not sure why he took sancho either tbh.

Unread 31-07-2021, 12:22 AM
MUFC One Love

Bit of a bizarre statement imo. I got the vibe he is having a go at United?

Unread 31-07-2021, 02:36 PM
Dr Stranger

At least it’s getting sorted now. Rest will do him good. Be great if he closed his Twitter account too.

Hopefully he comes back the proper Rashford

Unread 31-07-2021, 02:48 PM
Ronny

Will be our best player at the business end of the season...

Unread 31-07-2021, 03:03 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Bit of a bizarre statement imo. I got the vibe he is having a go at United?
Southgate surely but deffo ole

Unread 31-07-2021, 07:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
At least it’s getting sorted now. Rest will do him good. Be great if he closed his Twitter account too.

Hopefully he comes back the proper Rashford
Spoilsport

Unread 31-07-2021, 08:34 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Will be our best player at the business end of the season...
I kind of think this. He was very burnt out last season and constantly looking to injuries as an excuse imo. Full proper rest and come back hungry.

Unread 31-07-2021, 09:45 PM
tatty

Needs to get his head down, focus on the football and save the extra-curriculars for the close season.

Unread 31-07-2021, 11:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Needs to get his head down, focus on the football and save the extra-curriculars for the close season.
Ish. He needs to keep doing what he’s doing - giving 20% of his wage to charity or whatever it is and leading by example in that respect (see the rednapp thread for the other side of the coin) but also come back to football stronger.

He’s brilliant in so many ways already - but he needs to start delivering consistently for united. I think he will and I can’t think of many players I've ever wanted to succeed more.

Unread 01-08-2021, 06:56 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he could do both. Plenty of spare time.

Unread 01-08-2021, 07:50 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I'm pretty sure he could do both. Plenty of spare time.
Of course he could. It’s such a ridiculously lazy argument.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:33 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Very out of character for tatty tbf

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:47 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Needs to get his head down
Wouldn't that make his shoulder worse?

#posture reds

Unread 01-08-2021, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
No mate. He missed a penalty by a few inches because he was thinking about the lack of nutrition in school dinners.
Closed Thread