Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
£#%&!ing hell.
that was my exact quote this morning when i saw it on the news

Unread 17-07-2009, 08:59 AM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Al Quieda weren't attacking sports teams then were they? Remember the Sri Lanka cricket team getting attacked?
Is it clear that United were the target? There is a co-incidence that we were going to be staying there but that hotel has been hit before, another hotel was bombed too, and the new president was due to speak to the media for the first time today since winning an election over the weekend.

Unread 17-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Is it clear that United were the target? There is a co-incidence that we were going to be staying there but that hotel has been hit before, another hotel was bombed too, and the new president was due to speak to the media for the first time today since winning an election over the weekend.

No mention that Utd were targeted but the fact that we were going to stay in a hotel that has previously been bombed shows that we shouldn't have been going in the first place.

Unread 17-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
No mention that Utd were targeted but the fact that we were going to stay in a hotel that has previously been bombed shows that we shouldn't have been going in the first place.
So should we ban all the players from visiting the Arndale?

Unread 17-07-2009, 12:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
good point.

like borsuk, I quite like these tours. they are meant to be a working holiday for the players. no point playing in europe, that will come later in the summer. these tours should be about little pressure, a little reward for the asian fans and, of course, a lot of marketing. jakarta was an odd choice but it is a very untapped market (get em young). I think India would have been an interesting choice, but question of security is a big ask.

of course, i live in Asia so it is one of the few chances I get to see the team, but not this year though. £#%&!ers seem to always go to the country's where I lived a year earlier..

Unread 17-07-2009, 12:23 PM
boreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
these £#%&!ing scousers will stop at nothing eh ?

thanks for that!

Unread 17-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
It's different when the players go to a country like that, the security forces-or farces- either £#%&! off and leave people to it, like the Sri Lanka cricket team or they can be in on the plans.

At least in the UK you know that the police are going to try and stop terrorists, but it's difficult to stop it when you go in to their own back yard.

Unread 17-07-2009, 02:40 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
that was my exact quote this morning when i saw it on the news
that's my quote whenever I look at thatsfuctit's avatar. but usually I say it like "£#%&! me " :mmmonkey:

Unread 17-07-2009, 03:01 PM
LaPaz

Governor asks MU to reconsider cancellation
The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Fri, 07/17/2009 7:49 PM | National

Jakarta Governor Fauzi Bowo has asked Manchester United to reconsider its decision to cancel its trip to Indonesia.

“As the governor of Jakarta, I have advised the organizers of the soccer team’s tour here to reconsider the cancellation,” he said Friday.

The English champions are scheduled to play an Indonesian All-Star team at Bung Karno Stadium in Central Jakarta on Monday. United manager Alex Ferguson said in Kuala Lumpur his team had canceled the trip due to security concerns following Friday morning’s bombings of two hotels in South Jakarta, including the Ritz-Carlton, where the team would have stayed during their Indonesian trip.

“I haven't received any response from MU yet, but Pak Agum Gumelar said he would do his best to persuade MU come to Jakarta,” he said, referring to the organizer of the planned friendly. (bbs)

Unread 17-07-2009, 03:08 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
In a way, cancelling games gives in to what the terrorists want, but you have to assess the overall risk. Over the last few years there have been several security threats against Old Trafford and players and these all get assessed on an individual basis. Whilst the risk in the Far East is high, there is a risk in the UK as events such as 7/7 have showed.
The terrorists have won in Pakistan with the cricket games getting moved.

These games are all about breaking into new upcoming markets, most of which are in volatile areas.
do you actually believe any of the shit you post?

Unread 17-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think he just walks around old trafford all day talking to anyone like security guards and car park attendants and boring them to death.

Unread 17-07-2009, 03:23 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 30-07-2009, 10:19 PM
thatsfuctit

united were targeted

Unread 30-07-2009, 10:21 PM
BarryX

Quote:
jt aimed the bombs..
Closed Thread