United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:24 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Who is there really to rival him? No one comes close.

John Terry?
Ricardo Carvalho? Probably the second best imo.
Puyol?
I've heard people say Terry is better than him and Carragher. It's embarassing, you actually hear journalist's/commentators/pundits etc say Carragher is 'world class'. All he does is launch it.

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:26 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Off topic:

How about that small ginger fella who plays for Utd whom it could be argued is better than both by far?
post of the day ..by a £#%&!ing mile

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:26 AM
dunk

Carvalho is class, but he is a dirty, cynical @#%&!. Rio is so good he never has to foul or cheat. That is a true reflection on how good he is. I bet he gets 3 or 4 yellow cards a season, and half of them will be for giving ref's shit for poor decisions.

Rio IS our most important player.

Unread 02-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

The article makes too much out of the paparazzi etc - he may well have gobbed on a photographer but we all know how intrusive those £#%&!ers can be. Suppose this journo felt the need to defend one of his own but he made too much of it.

On the football side of things, what he's saying is nothing new, we all have known for some time that rooney was playing in positions that took away some of the creative parts of his game - even fergie admitted as much recently and even accepted some of the blame for that.

So overall i just dont see anything in there that gives us a perspective that we haven't already seen.

Unread 02-08-2008, 12:25 PM
koppas

He is still only 22 anyway.
Closed Thread