United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2010, 12:31 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: Worst Utd defeats you've attended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofra
5-1 at St Andrews 1978, we scored first, Jordan or Macari.
6-0 at Portman Road, same era 77-78, they missed 2 pens, 3 if you count the re-taken one, the year before that Ipswich stuffed us again 3-0.
The 6-0 was spring 1980. We actually finished second that season

I got stick at school for that one for weeks afterwards, so I did

Unread 28-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'd left by the time the 4th one went in. Didn't find out it was 1-4 until i got back in the car and listened to the radio.
ha... when the fourth went in i walked out and i never do that, just couldn't face them celebrating on the pitch - one of the worst ever days for me that

to top it off for some reason we went in a pub on chapel street after the game and two @#%&!s in LFC shirts came in (one turned out to be the owner this guy sauid to me) and I got totally wound up and had to leave haha- in salford with them shirts on?? what's the world coming to? terrible day!!

Unread 28-08-2010, 12:36 PM
jofra

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The 6-0 was spring 1980. We actually finished second that season

I got stick at school for that one for weeks afterwards, so I did
I stand corrected, boozy times you know.

Unread 28-08-2010, 12:36 PM
rubbernecker

My first season-3rd and last time running on to the pitch everything turned morbid

Unread 28-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside
ha... when the fourth went in i walked out and i never do that, just couldn't face them celebrating on the pitch - one of the worst ever days for me that

to top it off for some reason we went in a pub on chapel street after the game and two @#%&!s in LFC shirts came in (one turned out to be the owner this guy sauid to me) and I got totally wound up and had to leave haha- in salford with them shirts on?? what's the world coming to? terrible day!!
I was in East tier 2 for that game, infront of me were 2 young lads (about 17) one of them blatantly had a liverpool shirt on under his fleece. He kept his trap shut, didn't celebrate any goals but I'd clocked the Liverpool crest on the back of his collar. There were a couple of gobby united fans just behind me getting a bit narky after the 3rd went in.

This lads fleece was slipping down now and it was only a matter of time before somone else clocked the 'torres' on the back. So i tapped him on the shoulder and said "look mate, pull your fleece up otherwise one of that lot behind me will spot it and you'll get a slap or ejected." he looked terrified, bless him.

Unread 28-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was in East tier 2 for that game, infront of me were 2 young lads (about 17) one of them blatantly had a liverpool shirt on under his fleece. He kept his trap shut, didn't celebrate any goals but I'd clocked the Liverpool crest on the back of his collar. There were a couple of gobby united fans just behind me getting a bit narky after the 3rd went in.

This lads fleece was slipping down now and it was only a matter of time before somone else clocked the 'torres' on the back. So i tapped him on the shoulder and said "look mate, pull your fleece up otherwise one of that lot behind me will spot it and you'll get a slap or ejected." he looked terrified, bless him.
haha quality

Unread 28-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:

Amen to that, shocking!

Unread 28-08-2010, 01:47 PM
irk

Scouse shirts in Manchester is a sight that's all too common these days. It makes me angry. If I wasn't a grown up with responsibilities I'd @#%&! them. I feel less of a man for allowing it somehow.

Unread 28-08-2010, 01:53 PM
elephantstone

I remember working on building sites, scousers would get @#%&!ted for wearing their shirts in Manchester ......that's how it should be

Unread 28-08-2010, 01:58 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofra
5-1 at St Andrews 1978, we scored first, Jordan or Macari.
6-0 at Portman Road, same era 77-78, they missed 2 pens, 3 if you count the re-taken one, the year before that Ipswich stuffed us again 3-0.
It was 1980 - do you remember the lad with PIL on the back of his jacket climbing up the fence between us and the Ipswich fans and pissing on them? As it happened it was far more entertaining than the match.

Unread 28-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I remember working on building sites, scousers would get @#%&!ted for wearing their shirts in Manchester ......that's how it should be
Yes, but remember there are those of us who aren't savages who smash bricks for a living.

Unread 28-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Stickman

speaking of this scouse shirts etc thing - a guy in my footie team was also in Rome and said they met an absolute nutcase Utd fan over there for the game and he was a Scouser. Nobody gave him any crap either because he was such a mental case. Scouse Utd fan, Ive never heard the like

Unread 28-08-2010, 02:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
speaking of this scouse shirts etc thing - a guy in my footie team was also in Rome and said they met an absolute nutcase Utd fan over there for the game and he was a Scouser. Nobody gave him any crap either because he was such a mental case. Scouse Utd fan, Ive never heard the like
I used to vaguely know a "Scouse Manc"......

Like the one you mentioned, I think he had learned to look after himself long before

Unread 28-08-2010, 03:14 PM
stax

Quote:
Peter Davenport

Unread 28-08-2010, 03:23 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: Worst Utd defeats you've attended

Nothing (hopefully) will ever match the sheer gut-wrenching, soul destroying heartbreak of that Dortmund game. Never fully recovered from it tbh and to this day have managed to avoid any of the TV coverage. Awful feeling, I cried leaving the ground

European Cup final in Rome is probably the biggest ever disappointment. After the previous years all Premiership affair, this felt more like a proper European final, in a great city too. The build up was fantastic, everyone expecting a great game between the two best sides in the competition that year. I never once thought we'd completely fail to turn up. Totally outplayed that night, pretty gutting.

3-1 at Main Road and 1-4 against the murderers was horrible. Leeds in the Cup last season was a £#%&!ing nightmare too.

Unread 28-08-2010, 03:27 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Yea, I £#%&!ed off after the forth. I honestly thought it'd be six or seven by the time I got to my car. Was actually relieved to discover the score didn't get worse

I only properly got over it after Carrick made it 2-1 at Wigan

Unread 28-08-2010, 03:37 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
villa park semi against Arsenal, half time and everyone is underneath grabbing a beer rowdy as £#%&! when this bloke behind me goes " e ar kid jump in der " in the roughest scouse accent you ever heard ( seagull gargling marbles ) it seemed like a record got pulled off with a big scratch like something out of a film and the whole place seemed to go quiet and look at this bloke, he just cracked on with it though, was a top red no doubt about that but £#%&!ing hell it was weird

My worse loss has to be Rome final btw.......waited all me £#%&!ing life for that, there with my old man and everything, i thought it was written in the stars for me ....£#%&! you messi, eto, puyol, henry .... die you @#%&!s

Unread 28-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

FACF 2005. horrible

got in on a snide so it wasn't all bad.

was also at Liverpool 1-4, City munich game, last derby at Maine Road, Leeds in the cup last year, Copenhagen + Celtic away '06,

and although not scrictly a defeat but Munich at home last year was pretty gutting

Unread 28-08-2010, 04:07 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
My worse loss has to be Rome final btw.......waited all me £#%&!ing life for that, there with my old man and everything, i thought it was written in the stars for me ....£#%&! you messi, eto, puyol, henry .... die you @#%&!s
Should have come to Moscow RR

Arsenal semi in 2004 was £#%&!ing awesome, great turn out and performance

Unread 28-08-2010, 04:17 PM
magic_cantona

Porto after the disallowed Scholes goal.

£#%&!ing Tim Howard.Anywhere else, and we're through, yet he palms the ball right into their players path.Tbh though, as soon as the free kick was incorrectly given, I knew they'd score.Still, it was the worst feeling ever.

Also attended every 1-0 Danny Murphy game vs the Vermin.
Closed Thread