United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
[b]Elanga wouldn't get into any other top side looking to win trophies. He's saleable too. Get rid.

Get shut of DDG, Maguire, Martial too.

Get in a GK, CB, 2 MFs and and out and out forward (not an inverted left central winger forward with spoilers and DAB radio - just someone who plays through the middle and scores).

And the captaincy needs sorting too. Maguire still being captain really bothers me.
Or a corner.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

About 8

The squad is incredibly weak. We need a goalkeeper who can kick a ball and catch the £#%&!ing thing for a start. A striker, several midfielders, full backs and centre backs. So at least another £500 million worth of talent.

The most important thing we need to add is goals. We need to score more goals. 32 goals in 20 games is not good enough. I don’t know what’s happened to Fernandes but he doesn’t seem to score much any more, there’s no goal threat from anyone apart from Rashford.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
About 8

The squad is incredibly weak. We need a goalkeeper who can kick a ball and catch the £#%&!ing thing for a start. A striker, several midfielders, full backs and centre backs. So at least another £500 million worth of talent.

The most important thing we need to add is goals. We need to score more goals. 32 goals in 20 games is not good enough. I don’t know what’s happened to Fernandes but he doesn’t seem to score much any more, there’s no goal threat from anyone apart from Rashford.
Bruno has scored twice this week tbf, but overall point is correct. Still think this squad is capable of more goals. We’ve scored more in our last ten than our first ten. We’ll bag more in the second half of the season IMO.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
In

Striker (starter)
CM (starter)
RB (starter)
CB (squad)

Out

AWB
Maguire
Tuanzebe
Jones
Bailley
Telles
Williams
Donny
Elanga

Work out which 2 from Sancho, Anthony, Diallo, and Pellestri to keep and move on the other 2

There are definitely other players/areas we could improve, but I belive 4 players in would allow us to challenge fully.
Can't believe theirs no mcfred on your list

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:56 PM
Jethro

Quote:
About 8

Yep. Under SAF this fixture pile up would be a doddle. We're so light on top performers that we're going to grind the first IX into the ground.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Bruno has scored twice this week tbf, but overall point is correct. Still think this squad is capable of more goals. We’ve scored more in our last ten than our first ten. We’ll bag more in the second half of the season IMO.
I know our scheduling is ridiculous at the moment but have I missed a couple of matches today?

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I know our scheduling is ridiculous at the moment but have I missed a couple of matches today?
Damn it. You win again, Monday.

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:19 PM
Neo

Football

Keane and Neville touched on it post-match, but it really is quite staggering that despite the money we've spent, we've still got so much average dross rocking up in the first team every week.

From yesterday's game Wan-Bissaka, The Scottish Player, Eriksen, Fernandes (too inconsistent and erratic), Weghorst, and to a lesser extent, Antony, are not players that title-winning teams are built around. That's more than half the side.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:25 PM
MUFC One Love

We need a few but we can challenge without signing them all. Look what we've done so far this season with this squad.

Striker, midfielder and right back have to be priority this summer.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Keane and Neville touched on it post-match, but it really is quite staggering that despite the money we've spent, we've still got so much average dross rocking up in the first team every week.

From yesterday's game Wan-Bissaka, The Scottish Player, Eriksen, Fernandes (too inconsistent and erratic), Weghorst, and to a lesser extent, Antony, are not players that title-winning teams are built around. That's more than half the side.
Title winning sides are only as good as their benches and ours is as weak as i've seen it in donkeys years. The people screaming for Ten Hag to make changes in the 2nd half and i was like "and bring on who exactly?" Fred. That's literally all we had to change things up.

Apart from that it was Maguire, Lindelof and Malacia - all defenders who are worse than what we already had on the pitch, a goalkeeper and then a bunch of kids - Garnacho, Mainoo, Elanga and Pellistri. What the £#%&! are we supposed to do with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We need a few but we can challenge without signing them all. Look what we've done so far this season with this squad.

Striker, midfielder and right back have to be priority this summer.
We're not going to be able to play the way the manager wants until we get a goalkeeper who's comfortable coming off his line and distributing the ball from the back. Arsenal were able to get miles up the pitch yesterday because they're confident Ramsdale will cover any long balls over the top. De Gea would still be hugging his near post.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Title winning sides are only as good as their benches and ours is as weak as i've seen it in donkeys years. The people screaming for Ten Hag to make changes in the 2nd half and i was like "and bring on who exactly?" Fred. That's literally all we had to change things up.

Apart from that it was Maguire, Lindelof and Malacia - all defenders who are worse than what we already had on the pitch, a goalkeeper and then a bunch of kids - Garnacho, Mainoo, Elanga and Pellistri. What the £#%&! are we supposed to do with that?

We're not going to be able to play the way the manager wants until we get a goalkeeper who's comfortable coming off his line and distributing the ball from the back. Arsenal were able to get miles up the pitch yesterday because they're confident Ramsdale will cover any long balls over the top. De Gea would still be hugging his near post.
Exactly. Which makes us having to play Wednesday even worse. Cheers FA/PL and the Queen everything ends up biting us on the arse.

Next will be playing Leeds twice in 4 days, no doubt there will be some sort of nightmare that befalls us that would’ve been avoided by playing them in October or whenever it was

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:39 PM
Bunker Buster

The Leeds fixture annoyed me so much.....

Cancelled due to GMP going to London....

Brentford played a day after our cancellation..... Did they not need southern police ?

An old women died, FFS....

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:42 PM
AK14

Arsenal’s bench wasn’t exactly that good either tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Exactly. Which makes us having to play Wednesday even worse. Cheers FA/PL and the Queen everything ends up biting us on the arse.

Next will be playing Leeds twice in 4 days, no doubt there will be some sort of nightmare that befalls us that would’ve been avoided by playing them in October or whenever it was
I remember saying at the time that if one game was postponed then all of the games should have been postponed.

I was told to keep quiet on here because any football was better than no football.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Arsenal’s bench wasn’t exactly that good either tbf.
Not but their starting 11 was more than capable of winning the game for them wasn't it.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Not but their starting 11 was more than capable of winning the game for them wasn't it.
You said title winning squads are only as good as their bench. Arsenal are going for the title and theirs isn’t that great.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You said title winning squads are only as good as their bench. Arsenal are going for the title and theirs isn’t that great.
Oh right i take it all back then, our bench was fantastic.

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Oh right i take it all back then, our bench was fantastic.
That’s not the point and you know it

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:09 PM
AK14

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:11 PM
Switching Off

Probably scratch the centre back this summer unless we're flush. Striker, centre mid, right back, centre back. In that order.

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:16 PM
dunk

FFP is set to cripple us apparently. We need CL and some sales.

Keeper, striker midfielder - all £#%&!ing urgent.
RB
CB depends who leaves and how much they generate.
2 more midfielders to replace McFred ASAP.
Closed Thread