United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2020, 05:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d imagine lots of clubs refuse to negotiate while the window is shut as they don’t want to sell the player and don’t want to unsettle them. The ones that do move tend to be surplus, clubs need the monies or something like that in Jan.
Can easily option up negotiations 2 weeks before the jan window. Most leagues in europe have a winter break dont they?

Unread 18-01-2020, 05:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Swoop in

Unless there is a realistic buyout clause then no one just swoops in ffs

You’ve got to negotiate but a proper well run club would do this before the transfer window opened
Everyone else seems to do their business easy enough

It’s only us that ends up looking like a @#%&! every year

Unread 18-01-2020, 05:33 PM
utd99

Everyone’s guessing. I’d be shocked if this doesn’t get done, because life could become very uncomfortable for Ed Woodward if the spotlight falls directly on him and the Glazers. The Glazers won’t care, but he will because he actually has to go to games and they don’t.

If there is a ludicrous amount of haggling going on, it’s never going to be quite clear whether it’s Woodward wanting to appear like a rockstar negotiator or the Glazers forcing him to do it.

Unread 18-01-2020, 05:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Can easily option up negotiations 2 weeks before the jan window. Most leagues in europe have a winter break dont they?
You’d think so. You don’t know though, we may have been in contact since August and Sporting are being as difficult as possible to get as much money as possible. At what point do United £#%&! it off?

Regardless of what we think we could/should spend, the reality is our budget won’t cover the rebuild required, especially if we’re chucking £60-80m at individual players. One of the reasons I’m so down on Maguire, probably his price that meant we didn’t get a £#%&!ing midfielder in the summer

Unread 18-01-2020, 05:36 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Everyone’s guessing. I’d be shocked if this doesn’t get done, because life could become very uncomfortable for Ed Woodward if the spotlight falls directly on him and the Glazers. The Glazers won’t care, but he will because he actually has to go to games and they don’t.

If there is a ludicrous amount of haggling going on, it’s never going to be quite clear whether it’s Woodward wanting to appear like a rockstar negotiator or the Glazers forcing him to do it.
You say this but i dont think we ever drum enough pressure. I hope im wrong but woodward the parasite needs to be removed from such a vital role in the football club

Unread 18-01-2020, 05:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
You say this but i dont think we ever drum enough pressure. I hope im wrong but woodward the parasite needs to be removed from such a vital role in the football club
Because it won’t work mate. The Glazers don’t give a £#%&!, and Woody gets 3+ million a season; people will suffer a lot of abuse for that sort of dough.

Why would some @#%&! in Florida care about a green and gold scarf ffs?

Unread 18-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
You’d think so. You don’t know though, we may have been in contact since August and Sporting are being as difficult as possible to get as much money as possible. At what point do United f*** it off?

Regardless of what we think we could/should spend, the reality is our budget won’t cover the rebuild required, especially if we’re chucking £60-80m at individual players. One of the reasons I’m so down on Maguire, probably his price that meant we didn’t get a f***ing midfielder in the summer
Id be suprised. Extreme levels of incomptetence if its been 5/6 months and we still cant agree on a fee for a player.if we have been in contact since since august and we still cant agree f*** him off. He isnt the only player.

Fwiw there is no chance of it. Woodward picked this up jan 1st and has c**ked it up. Not much more to say. Even if we do sign him, we have been dragged , cucked and bent over again. The whole idea was we get away from this. Teams will continue to do this the cycle will continue.

Ole will get the sack and maurice will get the gig in the summer and the reset button will be pressed again.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:05 PM
MUFC One Love

The owners don't want to spend money. They only signed Maguire with the Lukaku money. We are a wealthy club, why can't we spend it?

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Everyone else seems to do their business easy enough

It’s only us that ends up looking like a @#%&! every year
That’s because you don’t pay attention to how other clubs do transfers
They take time and negotiation

I’m still confident this will get done because we have to sign a midfielder this window

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The owners don't want to spend money. They only signed Maguire with the Lukaku money. We are a wealthy club, why can't we spend it?
We aren't. We turnover a lot of money. So did Carillion.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Stickman

Absolute incompetence or we’re doing it on purpose. Hard to tell.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Absolute incompetence or we’re doing it on purpose. Hard to tell.
Trying to shop for Rolexes with a Casio budget.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:17 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Trying to shop for Rolexes with a Casio budget.
When you’ve enough funds available to by Rolex itself.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:17 PM
ryanMUFC

Be absolute scenes if this doesn’t come off.

The squad has been weakened since we let Fellaini go last January. Shows the club (owner’s) ambitions of going for top 4 if they don’t pay up.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
When you’ve enough funds available to by Rolex itself.
This is it; we haven't. The credit cards are maxed out and all incomings are spent before they come in, leaving just enough for 3 pints on a Friday at the dog and duck.

Not sure how some people think United can splurge £100'sm each summer when making a profit of about £40m a season, and currently looking at a downturn on that. The budget of £50-60m a season net on transfers that we've settled into is probably about the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Be absolute scenes if this doesn’t come off.

The squad has been weakened since we let Fellaini go last January. Shows the club (owner’s) ambitions of going for top 4 if they don’t pay up.
Their ambitions are to pay the bills, their dividends and scrape into the top 4 if possible. That's it.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:28 PM
otbarney

Has this useless @#%&! not signed yet?

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:35 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

Their ambitions are to pay the bills, their dividends and scrape into the top 4 if possible. That's it.
That’s been obvious since they took over really. People will mention big signings that haven’t paid off but they were happy to pocket the Ronaldo money and replace him with Antonio Valencia at the time and give whoever was in charge a shoestring budget for a team looking to compete.

Unread 18-01-2020, 06:56 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
So the price has changed from pound to euros, 45-55-65-80m in the space of a few days.

It's almost as if, and just stick with me on this, no £#%&!er has a clue and is spouting shit
Quote:
This is it; we haven't. The credit cards are maxed out and all incomings are spent before they come in, leaving just enough for 3 pints on a Friday at the dog and duck.

Not sure how some people think United can splurge £100'sm each summer when making a profit of about £40m a season, and currently looking at a downturn on that. The budget of £50-60m a season net on transfers that we've settled into is probably about the limit.

Dunk, are you sure the profit is c.£40m a season? If you add back non cash items such as amortisation and depreciation it must be more than that.
How do you get to £40m? I know you have to service the debt, pay dividends and tax. £40m seems very low.

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:02 PM
red in cumbria

So the people on here saying it was a totally done deal didn't quite get it right?

Shocked, genuinely shocked.

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:07 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That’s because you don’t pay attention to how other clubs do transfers
They take time and negotiation

I’m still confident this will get done because we have to sign a midfielder this window
How do you know what I pay attention to?
Closed Thread