United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default No value? Too right; 100k a week to sit on the bench? I don't think so...

Tevez was £#%&!ing bang on. What's the point of signing for United if you play up front?

Ferguson is so obsessed with 4-5-1 that he'd rather play a £#%&!ing passenger up front than deviate away from his winning (sic) possession football (sic) system.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:15 AM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: No value? Too right; 100k a week to sit on the bench? I don't think so...

You're desperate for somebody to 'bite' aren't you?
You've made this exact same point in about 40 different Threads.

Rooney wasn't a passenger. He was excellent for 20minutes & helped get us into a 2-0 lead.
He can't help it if he's £#%&!ing injured can he.

It says more about Berbatov than any £#%&!er else.
I think Fergie would have played Wazza in that protective £#%&!ing moonboot ahead of Berbatov tonight.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Re: No value? Too right; 100k a week to sit on the bench? I don't think so...

We won 3-2 against the German champions, we were in the quarter finals and we're 2nd in the league, from playing 4-5-1. Plus its more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1.

We lost tonight, lets not start getting on players/managers backs.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
We won 3-2 against the German champions, we were in the quarter finals and we're 2nd in the league, from playing 4-5-1. Plus its more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1.

We lost tonight, lets not start getting on players/managers backs.
Wolfsburg are the German Champions. HTH.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
RedMenace

We beat them twice as well

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Wolfsburg are the German Champions. HTH.
Yeah, but Bayern will be in about 4 or 5 games probably.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:28 AM
dinger

Crying, whinging @#%&!s need to grow a £#%&!ing set. hth.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Tumescent Throb

formation dictates personnel

tonight it should've been the other way round

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:40 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Do you really think we'd have been better with a 4-4-2 and no Rooney?

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Luffy

we can't play 4-4-2 because we don't have the midfield for it, especially if the other team is playing 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.

Giggs - Keane - Scholes - Becks = great and might put up a fight against most 4-5-1s. But even against the best sides, if they played 4-5-1 we'd struggle.

4-3-3 covers up our midfield weaknesses and helps us cope better with other team's set ups. How many teams play 4-4-2 against us nowadays? Probably none.

This seems to be the perfect system now. I wonder if football will ever evolve from everyone using this. I can't see it going back to 4-4-2 because this system just destroys it.

the concept of strike partnerships is dead. Kinda shocking England still play it actually. We're the only top European side who even try to hang onto our 4-4-2 tradition.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Tumescent Throb

playing Rooney up front on his own from the start tonight is the most ridiculous thing Ferguson has done for a while

keeping him on even after he got crocked was quite frankly embarrassing

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Yeah, but Bayern will be in about 4 or 5 games probably.
Chelsea are the English champions then.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Rhodzy

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:23 AM
jem

Quote:
playing Rooney up front on his own from the start tonight is the most ridiculous thing Ferguson has done for a while

keeping him on even after he got crocked was quite frankly embarrassing
when we hit 3-0, it looked like a pretty £#%&!ing good plan. but the trick is to know when to stop. rooney was absolutely £#%&!ing useless after he got tapped a couple of times.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
when we hit 3-0, it looked like a pretty £#%&!ing good plan. but the trick is to know when to stop. rooney was absolutely £#%&!ing useless after he got tapped a couple of times.
rooney's inclusion got the crowd up, and might even have got into Bayern's heads

but in reality we hit two early goals just through flying at them and then got a 3rd on half-time when it looked more likely that Bayern would score themselves. and then they did.

rooney should've been hauled off the moment he started limping ffs. he was £#%&! all use after that anyway, as you say.

Unread 08-04-2010, 05:14 AM
borsuk

4-5-1, or 4-3-3 (etc) can be as attacking and adventurous as you like. it's a question of intent. i'd have thought the contrast between the chelsea game and last night would have made that pretty obvious.

and berbatov didn't play because he has been poor, not because of some tactical inflexibility on fergie's part.

Unread 08-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Tevez was £#%&!ing bang on. What's the point of signing for United if you play up front?

Ferguson is so obsessed with 4-5-1 that he'd rather play a £#%&!ing passenger up front than deviate away from his winning (sic) possession football (sic) system.
Id say its probably more down to the fact he can't be relied upon for a performance under pressure.

Unread 08-04-2010, 08:16 AM
waynes ear's

oh, and 10 men

Unread 08-04-2010, 08:23 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:

I agree, it took him a whole 3 minutes to set up a goal. Just not good enough.

Unread 08-04-2010, 08:37 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I agree, it took him a whole 3 minutes to set up a goal. Just not good enough.
Hopefully the FA will recognise this and ban him for the remainder of the season, and from playing in the world cup, as a reminder that some united fans are £#%&!ing stupid, and whatever you do, its never enough
Closed Thread