United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2020, 01:32 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I think Maguire is better than he has been

On a related note this Buy British strategy is going to kill us. Paid about double Maguire’s worth. Not a chance AWB is a 50 million player and now talk of 25m for a 16 year old.

Madness
The premium on British talent is absolutely insane.

Take Maddison/Grealish. Dani Olmo is on the verge of going to RB Leipzig for around £20m. He's easily got the same quality as those two, if not more.

We purchased Leander Dendonker after the World Cup. Full Belgian international, less than £15m. What would Declan Rice set you back?

It's quite an odd policy really, heavily investing British players is really expensive & that's before you factor in the Utd premium that clubs will add., then quibbling over the price a proven, world class talent like Bruno Fernandes?

Unread 23-01-2020, 01:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don’t think anyone is suggesting we should be using long goal kicks as our predominant tactic, just that it would be good to have it as an option.

Which Liverpool do, if you press them at the back they’re more than happy to go over the top of you, because their keeper’s distribution is superb and the forwards are more than happy to put in the work to find space
I agree.

But Dave struggles to pass the ball 5 yards and martial isn’t going to start busting a gut to find space, James is knackered and Mata is a slow midget. When ever we do go long it more often than not is gifting possession back to the opposition.

Unread 23-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I agree.

But Dave struggles to pass the ball 5 yards and martial isn’t going to start busting a gut to find space, James is knackered and Mata is a slow midget. When ever we do go long it more often than not is gifting possession back to the opposition.
Yep, that’s fair.

Unread 23-01-2020, 01:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yep, that’s fair.
What’s Henderson’s distribution like?

I’d seriously consider cashing in on Dave in the summer and seeing how Henderson does tbh.

Problem there is are there many clubs out there willing to pay Dave his 350k a week contract that we gave him?

Unread 23-01-2020, 02:06 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He's having to defend set pieces with zonal marking as well let's not forget.

He's being told not to mark players. Let that sink in.
True. Not hard to say "Ay, Slabby, make sure you mark the biggest lad you can find and use that planet of a skull to win the header."

That would be a start I admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What’s Henderson’s distribution like?

I’d seriously consider cashing in on Dave in the summer and seeing how Henderson does tbh.

Problem there is are there many clubs out there willing to pay Dave his 350k a week contract that we gave him?
I'd give him a go, £#%&! it. And I reckon PSG would 100% snap De Gea up. Doubt he'd feel much pressure playing most of his games in a pub league.

Unread 23-01-2020, 07:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Another player playing with an injury

Nice one Ole
Yes, its his fault we have to play these people BECAUSE WE HAVE LITERALLY NOBODY ELSE.

Unread 23-01-2020, 07:31 PM
Whiteside onside

Rio said last night " Smalling is the best centre half at the club" and you know what he's right.

Unread 26-01-2020, 08:16 PM
armchair

decent reaction from him

Unread 26-01-2020, 10:08 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Rio said last night " Smalling is the best centre half at the club" and you know what he's right.
Shame he can’t play football and gave the opposition an easy way to negate our attacking opportunities when in possession. But still, good defender

Unread 27-01-2020, 10:25 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Not like him to talk nonsense

Unread 27-01-2020, 11:33 AM
windy waffles

Decent hit from him.

Can he play up front?

Unread 29-01-2020, 10:56 PM
AK14

Excellent tonight.

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Was a colossus tonight.

Wonder if he's still dragging Lindelof down

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:07 PM
My Name is Keith

Starting to show himself now. Will prove a lot of people on here wrong.

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Was a colossus tonight.

Wonder if he's still dragging Lindelof down
Who came out with that gem FFS

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:32 PM
utd99

Played well. Wtf was he doing for that give away though? Nine times out of ten that’s a goal, nailed on.

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:43 PM
redhegemony

thought the back 4 seemed better organised - held their lines well. Sterling got very little off AWB

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:45 PM
Tiberian

Very good from him tonight, 3 at the back stops him from being dragged into the wide areas he struggles in, also allows him to be more aggressive looking to win the ball with mobile cover around him.

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
thought the back 4 seemed better organised - held their lines well. Sterling got very little off AWB
Back 5 tbf but yeah I agree.

We defended well.

Unread 29-01-2020, 11:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Very good from him tonight, 3 at the back stops him from being dragged into the wide areas he struggles in, also allows him to be more aggressive looking to win the ball with mobile cover around him.
There’s no point unless you have wing backs that can be effective both ways though.
Closed Thread