United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Switching Off

Football Rashford is a superior player to Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata

According to Rob "shredding his legacy" Smyth.

Quote:
It is understandable why José Mourinho started the new season with Marcus Rashford on the substitutes’ bench. The selection of Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front was a no-brainer, Anthony Martial has more experience as a left-sided forward; and, though Rashford is a superior player to Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata, he does not yet have much first-team experience in their positions.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...weekend-action

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:05 AM
atticusgrinch

This will be the team by the end of the season I reckon:

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Blind Shaw

TFM Pogba

Rashford Mkhitaryan Martial

Ibrahimovic

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

De Gea

TFM Pogba

Ibrahimovic

Hope you're right pal - we'll just have to see how it evolves. A few times I felt we missed Rashford, both his opportunism but more so, there was still a lack of movement up top when both Martial and Poggers drove forward but nobody to take it to the next stage. TFM? Think he'll find it a bit harder to break through unless he leaves Jose with no option thru ripping it up in the LC and Europa.

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:27 AM
dragflick

Quote:

De Gea

TFM Pogba

Ibrahimovic
Thought MickeyT's cameo on Friday was good. Such a difference having another player with a bit of speed/control/skill on the pitch in that position

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:28 AM
forzagarza

have you asked him to join here? Would be great to have a new member so we can all politely discuss views

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:30 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Hope you're right pal - we'll just have to see how it evolves. A few times I felt we missed Rashford, both his opportunism but more so, there was still a lack of movement up top when both Martial and Poggers drove forward but nobody to take it to the next stage. TFM? Think he'll find it a bit harder to break through unless he leaves Jose with no option thru ripping it up in the LC and Europa.
Yeah I should have said I reckon/hope...

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Yeah I should have said I reckon/hope...
#@&%!

Forgot it was a forum with occasional discussion albeit with sensitive @#%&!s who think they're being challenged after checking every syllable

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:38 AM
ZiggyStardust

Rashford does offer a greater attacking threat than Rooney or Mata
Don't think it's that controversial an opinion

Obviously he'll do well to have the career Rooney has had but here and now he is a better attacking option for us
I really hope Rooney doesn't block his development

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Thought MickeyT's cameo on Friday was good. Such a difference having another player with a bit of speed/control/skill on the pitch in that position
Hes got wonderful feet, that close control ball stuck to his foot.

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:45 AM
jem

Quote:

De Gea

TFM Pogba

Ibrahimovic
that would be my team now, if we're playing that formation.

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
#@&%!

Forgot it was a forum with occasional discussion albeit with sensitive @#%&!s who think they're being challenged after checking every syllable
Quite.

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:55 AM
BobJones

he's 18 and went to the Euros, Jose is giving him an extended rest so he's fresh for the business end of the season, anybody thinking Mourinho rates Rooney over Rashford needs to give their head a wobble ffs.

Unread 22-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Baron

Quote:

De Gea

TFM Pogba

Mkhitaryan Ibrahimovic Martial

Rashford
Tweaked. Mykhy's a much better right sided attacker as proven by his seasons at Dortmund, & Rashford is a striker, the pace is required. Zlatan will still join in, but slightly withdrawn, he already drops into Rooney's space now.

Could be a wonderful side...

Unread 22-08-2016, 11:00 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
#@&%!

Unread 22-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
looked good didn't he. pity one or two players (one) didn't grasp that when he popped the ball off on the run he was only lending it to them.

Unread 22-08-2016, 11:36 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Tweaked. Mykhy's a much better right sided attacker as proven by his seasons at Dortmund, & Rashford is a striker, the pace is required. Zlatan will still join in, but slightly withdrawn, he already drops into Rooney's space now.

Could be a wonderful side...
I could live with that.

Unread 22-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Baron

Quote:
I could live with that.
The reality is most of those front four could rotate at times to varying degrees of success, you wouldn't especially want Zlatan on the wings for example but I bet he can bang in a hell of a cross if he wanted. There's a lot of potential... I'm more concerned about playing Pogba that far back - if you're going to use such an attacking player I do wonder why we didn't go & get Kante

Unread 22-08-2016, 11:58 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
The reality is most of those front four could rotate at times to varying degrees of success, you wouldn't especially want Zlatan on the wings for example but I bet he can bang in a hell of a cross if he wanted. There's a lot of potential... I'm more concerned about playing Pogba that far back - if you're going to use such an attacking player I do wonder why we didn't go & get Kante
Kante's a £#%&!ing midget and Timmeh will be miles better anyway.

Unread 22-08-2016, 12:04 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Pogba has got the energy and legs to play everywhere anyway. Look at the positions he got into on Friday, playing there hardly restricted him did it

Unread 22-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Baron

Quote:
Kante's a £#%&!ing midget and Timmeh will be miles better anyway.
Didn't seem to be an issue for Makelele...

I agree Timmy's going to be a fantastic box to box player, but he's 18. It's too soon to get that role in any senior side, let alone United. He'd be burned out if we started asking him to play & take the responsibility. Will enjoy a few games through the season & so long as he's getting a game / in the squad it'll help his development.

Kante would have been perfect for ~£20m, could have got shot of Schneiders & Basti, still made a profit with wages & fees.

Quote:
Pogba has got the energy and legs to play everywhere anyway. Look at the positions he got into on Friday, playing there hardly restricted him did it
Better sides will exploit the gaps & Fellaini's hardly fleet footed to cover let alone tactically sound enough to sniff out the danger. Just saying... Kante's a gem of a player in that position.
Closed Thread