Bunker Buster

Default NEW STADIUM - Official Poll.

Well ?

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:01 PM
silv

It's not my money so if it's doable to redevelop OT then thats preferable

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:02 PM
goldfinger II

£#%&! that. Would rather we played in a colosseum than a new stadium.

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Arsenal's stadium was considered among the best stadium's in the world less than 20 years ago now it's a shithole. You can't build character, let the new stadium nonces go and try the cheeseboard at Tottenham's stadium

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:08 PM
believe

Now what stadium would I prefer to watch United play in on television? It’s a tough question.

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Now what stadium would I prefer to watch United play in on television? It’s a tough question.
That should be easy to answer....the one you used to go to, where your memories and emotions happened, a stadium full of history and where countless legends have played...

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That should be easy to answer....the one you used to go to, where your memories and emotions happened, a stadium full of history and where countless legends have played...
Well exactly. I’m not going to forget them because we’re playing somewhere else.

None of us might like the idea of a shiny new stadium with a flashing roof because we’ve all experienced them moments at old trafford but ask your son what he’d want. He’s the future and many kids like him and it’s what they deserve.

Makes not a jot of difference if we’re not back to winning ways mind because there won’t be any fans going in 20-30 years despite what we all want to believe.

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:15 PM
Bunker Buster

He's at school, but can film the question in a bit....

100% he goes for stay at old trafford...

It's a red line for me....

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:17 PM
ZiggyStardust

OT needs a complete redevelopment and maybe it would be cheaper and easier to just build a new ground next to the current one but we're Manchester United Football Club, it should be what's best for the club and not what's financially better value

Real Madrid and Barca have redeveloped or are redeveloping their existing historic ground rather than building a new one as are Liverpool (although they're just doing what we did 20 years ago)

Would love to completely redo how the ground is configured
Obviously a whole new non-slanting roof with every side of the ground at the same height but also have the Stretford End a huge standing one tier end

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:20 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Well exactly. I’m not going to forget them because we’re playing somewhere else.

None of us might like the idea of a shiny new stadium with a flashing roof because we’ve all experienced them moments at old trafford but ask your son what he’d want. He’s the future and many kids like him and it’s what they deserve.

Makes not a jot of difference if we’re not back to winning ways mind because there won’t be any fans going in 20-30 years despite what we all want to believe.
Why would kids prefer a new stadium to a redeveloped one? Will the next generation not grace us with their presence unless they can sit in cinema seats?

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Why does some adjustments and a roof repair suddenly become "it needs a complete redevelopment"

Where are folk getting this from ?

Same as the Carrington training facilities are absolutely trash....?

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Why would kids prefer a new stadium to a redeveloped one? Will the next generation not grace us with their presence unless they can sit in cinema seats?
They won't be gracing any stadium with their presence but instead will attend through their Apple Vision Pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Why does some adjustments and a roof repair suddenly become "it needs a complete redevelopment"

Where are folk getting this from ?

Same as the Carrington training facilities are absolutely trash....?
Well getting rid of the current roof and then getting all the stands of the ground at the same height would require a full re-development of the ground

The way it is at the moment with the quadrants is a complete mess

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:58 PM
wiganste

Surely redevelopment? I'd hate to see it get knocked to the ground and replaced with a shiny new super stadium

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:00 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Arsenal's stadium was considered among the best stadium's in the world less than 20 years ago now it's a shithole. You can't build character, let the new stadium nonces go and try the cheeseboard at Tottenham's stadium
is the right answer..

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Sorry was watching the Munich Memorial service.

Yeah that’s what they do now put cinema seats in. I’m actually a bit confused now because are the people saying they want a redevelopment mean changing Old Trafford in to a completely different looking ground a la the Bernabau? Or are they saying just paint it up and fix the roof?

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:23 PM
Ethers

Lovely to see Bellers pontificating from halfway around the world on what match going fans want again, this time he’s even managed to tap into the desires of the United supporting embryos of the future

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:25 PM
est.1878

More run down it is the better for me Clive.

Nostalgic for 70/80s stadiums and I wasn't even there. The 1970s and 1980s also

Few twinges to do an old terrace picture thread and invite stories of the old heads on here throwing golf balls from United road into the scoreboard

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:28 PM
no fun

I’m 5 metro stops from old Trafford and if they think I’m travelling any further than that they can £#%&! off

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:29 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Lovely to see Bellers pontificating from halfway around the world on what match going fans want again, this time he’s even managed to tap into the desires of the United supporting embryos of the future
Aww you telling me my opinions wrong again? What the £#%&! would you know about match going fans?

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:30 PM
jem

I want the stadium I never visit to look like old trafford.