Default Bog brush retired

The football world will pay their respects in a dignified manner

Best Chester of the ball ever

Unread 03-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Chorlton74

awesome

Unread 03-02-2024, 03:39 PM
75Red

I could never be too harsh on bog brush since that game (Hull away? £#%&! knows what season) when he showed a bit of concern for an elderly woman in the crowd. Highlight of his Utd career.

Unread 03-02-2024, 03:50 PM
Jack Duckworth

A symbol of our decline.

Unread 03-02-2024, 04:10 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Decent player for Belgium and Everton tbf.

Just never good enough for United, and we’ve seen a lot of those over the years.

Unread 03-02-2024, 04:25 PM
magic_cantona

At least the poor @#%&! tried. Awful player, wanted to play for United. Better than Pogba for us.

Unread 03-02-2024, 04:35 PM
NedKelly

Unread 03-02-2024, 04:44 PM
goldfinger II

Good riddence to bad bog brush.

Unread 03-02-2024, 04:57 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 03-02-2024, 09:15 PM
Dacter

Unwittingly became the symbol for everything that went tits up post-Fergie.

Not his fault, he never let anybody down in terms of effort, but he should never have been here to begin with.

Unread 04-02-2024, 12:53 AM
Stickman

Never got the hate - granted he wasn’t very good, seemed to have a pair of %@#$&!s at least.

Unread 04-02-2024, 09:54 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Unwittingly became the symbol for everything that went tits up post-Fergie.

Not his fault, he never let anybody down in terms of effort, but he should never have been here to begin with.
Think he had a 30 million release clause, that expired and then a week later bid 35 million

Unread 04-02-2024, 05:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Think he had a 30 million release clause, that expired and then a week later bid 35 million
An early indicator of woowar's genius.

Unread 04-02-2024, 05:55 PM
LaPaz

The reason we paid £35m and didn't activate the buy out is because we didn't have the money or wouldn't spend the money to do so.

Buy out deals have to be paid in cash in full at the time of the signing and it's not unusual that the payment is made via the FA rather than directly to selling club.

By not activating the buy out United were able to spread the payments over the length of the players contract and only made an initial payment of well under £10m rather than £30m.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:26 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
I could never be too harsh on bog brush since that game (Hull away? £#%&! knows what season) when he showed a bit of concern for an elderly woman in the crowd. Highlight of his Utd career.
Yes I read about that he spotted she had broken her leg during the celebrations following Rashford's last minute winner that particular game. I would like to think that she made a full & hopfuly speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
A symbol of our decline.
Mainly because each Manager insisted upon using him as a bloody holding midfielder & im sue that during his Everton days he was a striker & I reckon if United had used him as a centre forward he would have been like a modern day Joe Jordan & would have at least bullied oppossing centrel defenders, which is more than can be said for the like's of Lukaku.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:28 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Yes I read about that he spotted she had broken her leg during the celebrations following Rashford's last minute winner that particular game. I would like to think that she made a full & hopfuly speedy recovery.

Mainly because each Manager insisted upon using him as a bloody holding midfielder & im sue that during his Everton days he was a striker & I reckon if United had used him as a centre forward he would have been like a modern day Joe Jordan & would have at least bullied oppossing centrel defenders, which is more than can be said for the like's of Lukaku.
His best position would probably been as splint for that poor lady’s broken leg.

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:33 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Decent player for Belgium and Everton tbf.

Just never good enough for United, and we’ve seen a lot of those over the years.
To right we have & some of them are still at the club & are to blame for Jose & Ole getting sacked will probobly still be around to get ETH's eventuel replacement sacked aswell sadly, as the club are finding it almost impossable to shift them due to the ludicrass long contracts that the cluless Ed Woodward gave them

Unread 08-02-2024, 10:48 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
The reason we paid £35m and didn't activate the buy out is because we didn't have the money or wouldn't spend the money to do so.

Buy out deals have to be paid in cash in full at the time of the signing and it's not unusual that the payment is made via the FA rather than directly to selling club.

By not activating the buy out United were able to spread the payments over the length of the players contract and only made an initial payment of well under £10m rather than £30m.
I've bankrupted many a club on football manager with this exact tactic

Unread 08-02-2024, 11:07 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I've bankrupted many a club on football manager with this exact tactic
Is their any chance of you doing it in real life to The Scousers cITY & Chelsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
His best position would probably been as splint for that poor lady’s broken leg.
Maybe but I reckon to a certain extent the blame lays with Moyes LVG & Jose of whom all chose to use him a holding midfielder & he was never gonna exell in that position as long as he has a hole in his bottom!