United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Default Elanga: £10m

Apparently.

Good. Take it. Move on. Not good enough and needs to be one of the first out the door.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:49 AM
Stickman

People have actually heard of the guy so that makes him $15M straight away.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:53 AM
dunk

We should be getting more.

For some reason everyone that buys from us thinks we should sell cheap because we’re big, rich Man United

That said, take what you can get, I suppose.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:54 AM
windy waffles

Why are we so shit at selling players?

If he was at Chelsea, and played the same amount of games as he has at United, they'd be getting £35-40m for him.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:55 AM
dunk

If we wanted to buy him from elsewhere he’d be £30m minimum.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:56 AM
Vedder

We’ll still struggle to sell him

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Why are we so shit at selling players?

If he was at Chelsea, and played the same amount of games as he has at United, they'd be getting £35-40m for him.
Scousers sold some rubbish academy player to Southampton or someone for 20-30 million a couple years back.

10 million ,still suppose it’s better than him staying

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We should be getting more.

For some reason everyone that buys from us thinks we should sell cheap because we’re big, rich Man United

That said, take what you can get, I suppose.
He’s cheap because we don’t want him.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:03 AM
goldfinger II

£10m seems fair enough to me but, yeah, it does seem odd when clubs are paying good money for similar players from other clubs.

Liverpool getting £30m each (or thereabouts) for Salanke and Jordan Ibe being perfect examples. Two players who had done precisely £#%&! all for Liverpool or anyone else. I think Elanga is an international as well.

'Twould be good if we could insert a sell-on clause as well.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s cheap because we don’t want him.
Full Swedish International with a goal to his name in the latter stages of the CL. He's worth more than £10m ffs.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:12 AM
armchair

Priced to sell. One careful owner. Ideal for a recently promoted side.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:12 AM
atticusgrinch

He's apparently only on £5k a week the poor bugger. Should be easy to get rid of on that basis.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:14 AM
dunk

Henderson
Williams
The Scottish Player
Elanga
Mengi
Mejbri (ish)

Pure FFP profit.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Full Swedish International with a goal to his name in the latter stages of the CL. He's worth more than £10m ffs.
If we’re clinging to one goal as a striker, then that’s not great. He has very little experience and it’s clear we don’t want him. Maybe more than £10m, but clubs know we don’t want these players. We know that clubs know we don’t want these players and we can’t be wasting time £#%&!ing around this summer trying to clear the deadwood. We have a dreadful record of getting people out the door. We might need to lower the bar.

We’ve sold Perreira in the last year. We need to start shipping a few, as it’s impacting signings.

Elanga £10m
Maguire £20-25m
Martial £15-£20m
Henderson £20m
Fred £20m
Williams £10m

You could argue all those are worth more than that, but that £80-£100m and getting these divs off the wage bill is important.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:54 AM
Ethers

He’s shit. An absolute nothing player. We need to be realistic about the fees we’re going to get for players that other clubs know we’re desperate to get rid of. No top club is going to be in for him, and nobody outside the big clubs has enough budget that they can waste a big chunk of it on Anthony Elanga in the hope he shows something he hasn’t shown so far.

£10m is about right, priced to sell. Get rid.

I remember people moaning about the fee we got for Garner last season. Given his performances since it turned out about right

Unread 31-05-2023, 12:14 PM
dunk

Garner was first choice by the end of the season tbf, difficult to hold the Lampard period against him.

Unread 31-05-2023, 12:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s shit. An absolute nothing player. We need to be realistic about the fees we’re going to get for players that other clubs know we’re desperate to get rid of. No top club is going to be in for him, and nobody outside the big clubs has enough budget that they can waste a big chunk of it on Anthony Elanga in the hope he shows something he hasn’t shown so far.

£10m is about right, priced to sell. Get rid.

I remember people moaning about the fee we got for Garner last season. Given his performances since it turned out about right
Exactly.

We’re used to our signings. We go for players clubs don’t want to sell. If we didn’t want to sell Elanga, we could demand £30m for him. ‘Worth’ is attached to value for the selling club. These players aren’t worth much to us, so the fee reflects that.

We need to approach our outgoings like a car boot sale. We need the space in the loft. Just get rid of it and take a tenner for the whole box.

Unread 31-05-2023, 12:46 PM
believe

I reckon this is what we’re offering people to take him off our hands.

Unread 31-05-2023, 01:27 PM
Coracao

Would snap your hand off for 10m ffs

Unread 31-05-2023, 01:34 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

A mansion in Mayfair, villa in Malibu or 3-goals Anthony Elanga. Know which I’d prefer to buy with the money tbf
Closed Thread