United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2023, 03:28 PM
plopborsky

get him in. I don't want to feel like i did with ronaldinho, the pain of missing out on a generational talent still hurts. this is it. 40 goals a season.

Unread 31-05-2023, 04:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
get him in. I don't want to feel like i did with ronaldinho, the pain of missing out on a generational talent still hurts. this is it. 40 goals a season.
are we talking about the same player?

Unread 31-05-2023, 04:49 PM
jem

never a fan of ronaldmcdonaldinho, but he was 10x the player this wet fart is.

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Baron

Per the other thread, he'd be comfortably the most talented player in the league & likely absolutely light up a good 5-6 games a season. & then £#%&! off and moan & dive & bang his sister the rest of the time.

He's without doubt the most naturally capable footballer other than Messi on the planet, I bet he barely has to do anything on the training ground to be better than everyone else.

Shame he's such a colossal @#%&!.

Not even Erik would sort out the entitlement the guy would feel, Pogba x100 with how he'd expect to be treated.

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:47 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Not even Erik would sort out the entitlement the guy would feel, Pogba x100 with how he'd expect to be treated.
Yup. Can't teach old dog new tricks. Neymar's behaviour is dyed in the wool. Avoid.

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:48 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
He's without doubt the most naturally capable footballer other than Messi on the planet
That Roy Keane emoji thing should go here, or are you being funny?

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He hasn’t managed 40 goals a season once in a farmers league, not sure what makes you think he’d do it here.

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He hasn’t managed 40 goals a season once in a farmers league, not sure what makes you think he’d do it here.
he hasn't managed 40 £#%&!ing games in a season, let alone goals

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:07 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
That Roy Keane emoji thing should go here, or are you being funny?
I mean if you watch him play off either foot he has the best touch on the pitch of any player. Best weight of pass, best vision & can use either to beat a player or score from distance etc.

Talent alone is no measure of your usefulness as a player. But if you put Neymar’s ability with someone like Haaland’s professionalism and dedication you’d have the best player available.

Just because he can do outrageous things and has done for 10 years it doesn’t mean I have any appetite to see him play for us. But his YouTube highlight reel will show you him walking past players like they’re not there and we have endured absolute cart horses up front for us who can’t do the basics.

There’s a reason when he was at Barca and alongside Messi and Suarez they were wining everything and taking the piss.

Pretending he’s not an extraordinarily talented player is being disingenuous in the extreme. He’s equally as unlikeable as he is talented and I think that clouds a lot of peoples thoughts about him.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I mean if you watch him play off either foot he has the best touch on the pitch of any player. Best weight of pass, best vision & can use either to beat a player or score from distance etc.

Talent alone is no measure of your usefulness as a player. But if you put Neymar’s ability with someone like Haaland’s professionalism and dedication you’d have the best player available.

Just because he can do outrageous things and has done for 10 years it doesn’t mean I have any appetite to see him play for us. But his YouTube highlight reel will show you him walking past players like they’re not there and we have endured absolute cart horses up front for us who can’t do the basics.

There’s a reason when he was at Barca and alongside Messi and Suarez they were wining everything and taking the piss.

Pretending he’s not an extraordinarily talented player is being disingenuous in the extreme. He’s equally as unlikeable as he is talented and I think that clouds a lot of peoples thoughts about him.
Yeah, namely Messi, Suarez, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic....

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:13 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
crack is a hell of a drug. get help

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:20 PM
tatty

We have suffered with utter dogshit for most of the last 10 years and some are seriously saying they wouldn’t want Neymar because his attitude could be questioned.

Give your heads a wobble.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:22 PM
dunk

I wouldn’t want Neymar because he plays in the only position we actually have sufficient quality players.

And because he plays fewer than 20 games a season.

And he’d cost an absolute fortune and his attitude, obvs.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
We have suffered with utter dogshit for most of the last 10 years and some are seriously saying they wouldn’t want Neymar because his attitude could be questioned.

No I think people are saying we've spent tons of money on players over the last 10 years which have been a mix of past-it's and not-up-to-its. This feels like the former.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:29 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

rather have wout he works hard and never has a bad word to say, really works hard. Works really hard, has a great attitude and works really hard,

Half the forum would have said no to eric's attitude.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:35 PM
dunk

I’m pretty sure the only options aren’t Wout or Neymar tbh.

Plus the obvious fact they play different positions.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:39 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’m pretty sure the only options aren’t Wout or Neymar tbh.

Plus the obvious fact they play different positions.
that's not the point. It's clearly a shot at fannys that want great attitudes all around. If the player has a strong desire to come to united and wants to play that's good enough for me.

is he better than what we have = by far
is it the managers job to get the best out of him = yes

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
rather have wout he works hard and never has a bad word to say, really works hard. Works really hard, has a great attitude and works really hard,

Half the forum would have said no to eric's attitude.
Eric was aloof and had a short fuse but he always took his football very seriously and never went on the pitch and gave anything less than his best.

The days of accommodating mavericks are over. I don't know if you've noticed or not but there aren't any "neymars" at any top clubs any more because thats the way football is now. It's all systems and 11 players grafting their arses off. like it or lump that's the way it is.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:45 PM
plopborsky

better get robbie mustoe back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Eric was aloof and had a short fuse but he always took his football very seriously and never went on the pitch and gave anything less than his best.

The days of accommodating mavericks are over. I don't know if you've noticed or not but there aren't any "neymars" at any top clubs any more because thats the way football is now. It's all systems and 11 players grafting their arses off. like it or lump that's the way it is.

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
that's not the point. It's clearly a shot at fannys that want great attitudes all around. If the player has a strong desire to come to united and wants to play that's good enough for me.

is he better than what we have = by far
is it the managers job to get the best out of him = yes
He’d knock Garnacho down to 3rd choice off the left. Seems pointless imo.
Closed Thread