United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2023, 10:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Why are we looking at replacing someone that is signing a new contract?
Because he’s £#%&!.

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:13 PM
marlo

Quote:
Why are we looking at replacing someone that is signing a new contract?
because he is abomination.

I don't think I've hated a player as much as him...

its almost as if he is a playing against us.

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:15 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Because he’s £#%&!.
He’s not £#%&!. He lost us points on Sunday just like Shaw did against Brighton.

He hasn’t evolved to play out from the back yet we have managers that insist on doing it. We also have CB’s that aren’t great on the ball.

His days at the club are numbered but anyone who thinks he’s the biggest problem (probably just yourself) is delusional.

Unread 10-05-2023, 11:47 PM
windy waffles

Igor Akinfeev.

It's time...

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
He’s not £#%&!. He lost us points on Sunday just like Shaw did against Brighton.

He hasn’t evolved to play out from the back yet we have managers that insist on doing it. We also have CB’s that aren’t great on the ball.

His days at the club are numbered but anyone who thinks he’s the biggest problem (probably just yourself) is delusional.
Funny, anyone who was to say he isn’t the biggest problem at the club I would say is delusional.

Everyone fit, first team, he’s the weakest link.

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Funny, anyone who was to say he isn’t the biggest problem at the club I would say is delusional.

That’s a really good point: everyone fully fit, best 11, he’s the worst fit for this team.

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:40 AM
dunk

I’d go so far as to say that if he starts next season as number 1, Erik’s days are numbered, he’s that £#%&!ing bad.

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I’d go so far as to say that if he starts next season as number 1, Erik’s days are numbered, he’s that £#%&!ing bad.
I think he’ll start next season as number one. But we’ll get a keeper this summer to compete with him. When he £#%&!s up, said keeper will get his chance. Similar to when Henderson was here.

If we’re giving him a new deal, I can’t see us just binning him off. It’s too ruthless. If we intended to be that ruthless, we wouldn’t be offering him a new deal and would just let him leave.

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

His performance the other game was borderline match fixing, no one pushes the ball into Thier net like that, or passes to an attacker directly from the goal kick, or even pretends to be hurt in his six yard box because he's let in another....

Straight sackable offence that performance....

Get him out.

Check his accounts / phone.....

Unread 11-05-2023, 08:56 AM
Dr Stranger

This notion he’s a great shot stopper is a myth too. He‘s a good stopper of certain kinds of shots. He has good reactions, so he can pull of athletic instinctive saves, but plenty of weak efforts slip through him.

Pretty sure West Ham’s goal the other day was a shot.

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:11 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This notion he’s a great shot stopper is a myth too. He‘s a good stopper of certain kinds of shots. He has good reactions, so he can pull of athletic instinctive saves, but plenty of weak efforts slip through him.

Pretty sure West Ham’s goal the other day was a shot.
He is/was a great shot stopper. Ok he’s obviously not as consistent now but that was always his biggest strength.

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He is/was a great shot stopper. Ok he’s obviously not as consistent now but that was always his biggest strength.
....... And now this is going ?

Hrs a liability, like Maguire he creates a fog of uncertainty and dilemma...

Just pump the ball into the box or chase down every back.pass, you'll hit gold...

Now you can shoot from anywhere with the power of a small child as David will push it in anyway whilst staring at the ground as if the turf moved.... With his stupid shrew like vice head, beady Cream eyes and horrific underage cider beard.....

Unread 11-05-2023, 09:17 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Just pump the ball into the box or chase down every back.pass, you'll hit gold...

Now you can shoot from anywhere with the power of a small child as David will push it in anyway whilst staring at the ground as if the turf moved.... With his stupid shrew like vice head, beady Cream eyes and horrific underage cider beard.....

I reckon I could wrap my hand around his wrist and overlap my thumb and little finger.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:08 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Feels out of order but since you mention it

https://www.facebook.com/reel/623476...?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V

Just wish he could have had a dignified Exit 5 yrs ago

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:31 AM
dunk

You can’t use Goldbrige as a source ffs.

They’ve given de Gea a new contract for fear of not getting the keeper they want in the summer, and if they went keeper shopping with no keeper on the books it greatly weakens their position. If there was any likelihood of any team in top half of a table in Europe wanting to sign DdG I’d back him to be sold by September if all goes well recruitment-wise, as it is, he’ll be bench warming for the last years here, or we’ll continue to be £#%&!.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:33 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
You can’t use Goldbrige as a source ffs.

They’ve given de Gea a new contract for fear of not getting the keeper they want in the summer, and if they went keeper shopping with no keeper on the books it greatly weakens their position. If there was any likelihood of any team in top half of a table in Europe wanting to sign DdG I’d back him to be sold by September if all goes well recruitment-wise, as it is, he’ll be bench warming for the last years here, or we’ll continue to be £#%&!.
Tbf. It’s Goldbridge citing Samuel Luckhurst.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Tbf. It’s Goldbridge citing Samuel Luckhurst.
Still wouldn’t believe the weasel.

Unread 11-05-2023, 12:03 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

He has the most clean sheets in the league this season..

Yet you think he’s the biggest problem? Not that we have Wout Weghorst running about up front/drifting in to midfield because he can’t score goals.

It’s clear that he can’t be number 1 for much longer but we can’t score for shit.

Unread 11-05-2023, 12:07 PM
dunk

He has the most clean sheets by virtue of Martinez and Varane. Absolutely nobody thinks it’s due to him, nobody.

Weghorst isn’t our biggest problem as he is a stop gap, the only reason he has been playing is because we had forwards missing in Sancho, Martial and then Garnacho, and attacking midfielders missing in the shape of Eriksen and Beek. Once everyone is fit he barely makes the bench.

With the best first XI we can put out, the worst player in it, and the weak link, is de Gea. There are no arguments.

We deffo need a striker, but the need for a keeper that doesn’t strike fear into the hearts of our own team is equal at the very least.
Closed Thread