United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2023, 05:05 AM
Denis Irwell

Luke Shaw from Kingston-upon-Thames, same as Rice. Also would be familiar with Mount’s old stomping ground when he was at Southampton (nr Portsmouth). All England team mates. All have beards (who doesn’t?) All three have dark hair, except Shaw.

100% on.

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:22 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Luke Shaw from Kingston-upon-Thames, same as Rice. Also would be familiar with Mount’s old stomping ground when he was at Southampton (nr Portsmouth). All England team mates. All have beards (who doesn’t?) All three have dark hair, except Shaw.

100% on.
All 3 towns a great night out, strangely.

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:33 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Mount and Rice would be a great way to strengthen our midfield options tbf. I’d be happy with that.

Mice
runt.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Speaking of which….Harry, Timid Tone, you’re up!

https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
West Ham's valuation for him is £120m, which is frankly twice what anyone should be paying but we know the times we live in.

Maguire would surely slot in perfectly well there, McTommers also. Those two & £50m We apparently will need to give Slab £10m to £#%&! off which also seems cheap. All in all, these sorts of deals should make a lot more sense than straight cash purchases in the modern game with all the creative accounting going around.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:40 PM
Sparky***

The money involved is ludicrous. English players are so stupidly over priced. With a bit of clever scouting you could probably get someone as good for half the price.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:42 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The money involved is ludicrous. English players are so stupidly over priced. With a bit of clever scouting you could probably get someone as good for half the price.
I think I see the flaw in your strategy.

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:06 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
West Ham's valuation for him is £120m, which is frankly twice what anyone should be paying but we know the times we live in.
so he's worth £26m less than antony ?

Unread 02-06-2023, 03:01 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Maguire would surely slot in perfectly well there, McTommers also. Those two & £50m We apparently will need to give Slab £10m to £#%&! off which also seems cheap. All in all, these sorts of deals should make a lot more sense than straight cash purchases in the modern game with all the creative accounting going around.
The Scottish Player and Maguire are soooooo West Ham.

Unread 02-06-2023, 03:26 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
The Scottish Player and Maguire are soooooo West Ham.
Sheffield United

Unread 02-06-2023, 04:47 PM
poppy

Thumbs up

Just talking to Remi Moses and the Rice deal is a goer.

Unread 02-06-2023, 04:52 PM
NedKelly

I’ve got posts from years ago bookmarked and ready to really rub in if this comes off.

Let me bathe in your glory Declan.

Unread 02-06-2023, 04:52 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Just talking to Remi Moses and the Rice deal is a goer.

Unread 08-06-2023, 12:59 PM
thatsfuctit

Chairman David Sullivan says captain Declan Rice has probably played his last game for West Ham after being "promised" he could leave this summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65843148

Unread 08-06-2023, 01:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Chairman David Sullivan says captain Declan Rice has probably played his last game for West Ham after being "promised" he could leave this summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65843148
he'll be off to arsenal apparently.

Unread 08-06-2023, 01:20 PM
AK14

Yeah arsenal seems the likeliest destination.

Bayern are sniffing too apparently, but I can’t see them doing it because of the crazy amount of money West Ham will want for him.

Unread 08-06-2023, 01:24 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Very over-rated. He's in a midfield that includes another £50 m. signing + Soucek (who was decently rated when he came over), but Fiorentina still ran rings around them (not being a particularly great side themselves). Add in fact the team came 6 pts above the drop, and didn't face another decent side for the entirety of that European competition.

Not sure what Rice has ever done that is the reference point for the plaudits. Unless he's just been neutered by Moyes-ball, he seems to lack the stand out performances (for club or country).

Unread 13-06-2023, 03:09 AM
shenwen

Stories that Arsenal will pay 100m. That's about 50 million too much. Good player, no question. But 100m good? Maybe for City or PSG but that's a lot of money for Arsenal.

Unread 13-06-2023, 03:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Stories that Arsenal will pay 100m. That's about 50 million too much. Good player, no question. But 100m good? Maybe for City or PSG but that's a lot of money for Arsenal.
Its not 50m too much in todays market. Hes 85M for me by today's standards.

He is going to be a constant for a 'top 4' side for a long time. He would improve us quite a bit.

Unread 13-06-2023, 08:26 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Its not 50m too much in todays market. Hes 85M for me by today's standards.

He is going to be a constant for a 'top 4' side for a long time. He would improve us quite a bit.
Yep, sad but true, even £100m is normal these days, Arsenal will make more signings than just him too.

Would rather have Rice than Mount, even for an extra £40m-£50m

Unread 13-06-2023, 08:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Yep, sad but true, even £100m is normal these days, Arsenal will make more signings than just him too.

Would rather have Rice than Mount, even for an extra £40m-£50m
I'm not sure about that. 100m for Arsenal is usually way out of bounds. And to add more on top? Not sure where the sudden splurge would come from.

Saying that, even their board can see the games moved on.
Closed Thread