United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-05-2023, 10:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Alarm bells should have been ringing when he turned up to sign that new contract in a Stannah Stairlift.

Unread 30-05-2023, 10:13 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
The use of the words “genuinely” and “injured” in the same post about Martial is instructive, as is the reference to attitude. Most doubt his injuries are genuine. They appear to be in his mind. Difficult to blame the club for that. I think we all (should) want players who are desperate to play through pain to win a trophy ….
That's a good point, until it's not. I used the word genuine, or derivative thereof, about myself and other posters. Not about whether his injuries were genuine. I happen to think it's a combination of psychosomatic and physical, as such it's not really his fault, but also he should be punted quickly from the club.

Unread 30-05-2023, 10:24 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
That's a good point, until it's not. I used the word genuine, or derivative thereof, about myself and other posters. Not about whether his injuries were genuine. I happen to think it's a combination of psychosomatic and physical, as such it's not really his fault, but also he should be punted quickly from the club.
I agree you didn’t, but I did - which was the point really. Call me
old fashioned but I don’t accept it’s not his fault. Attitudes can change with a bit of effort. Plenty of people on here have shown that in different contexts.

Unread 30-05-2023, 10:38 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
I agree you didn’t, but I did - which was the point really. Call me
old fashioned but I don’t accept it’s not his fault. Attitudes can change with a bit of effort. Plenty of people on here have shown that in different contexts.
I agree and I'm likewise old fashioned. I think the club is at fault for not recognising he was a useless, lazy, injury prone @#%&! earlier, rather than blame it all on him.

He's a @#%&! though.

Unread 30-05-2023, 10:55 PM
History

Of course he's out. He's never there when actually needed. He won't be missed, wouldn't of been starting anyway

Unread 30-05-2023, 11:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Of course he's out. He's never there when actually needed. He won't be missed, wouldn't of been starting anyway
This. Awful £#%&!er. Probably end up back at Monaco but he'll never do anything again. Finished.

Unread 31-05-2023, 08:33 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s not needed this weekend. We’re going to need everyone ready to fight at full £#%&!ing bifters. No place for him sauntering around, half pressing, ball bouncing off him and losing 60/40 challenges.

He’s been in full-on Martial pissing about mode recently. He knows his days are numbered and he’s run out of favours and friends.

It’s fitting that his last act for the club is letting us down.

Unread 31-05-2023, 09:36 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s not needed this weekend. We’re going to need everyone ready to fight at full £#%&!ing bifters. No place for him sauntering around, half pressing, ball bouncing off him and losing 60/40 challenges.

He’s been in full-on Martial pissing about mode recently. He knows his days are numbered and he’s run out of favours and friends.

It’s fitting that his last act for the club is letting us down.
I much rather rashford play on the wing as he is a better player from there but I guess this all but confirms him playing as a Centre striker .

Casemiro Eriksen
Antony. Bruno. Sancho
Rashford

Most likely the midfield and attack will be the above. Just hope Eriksen has the legs

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:11 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
I agree and I'm likewise old fashioned. I think the club is at fault for not recognising he was a useless, lazy, injury prone @#%&! earlier, rather than blame it all on him.

He's a @#%&! though.
Joel Glazer is at fault.

Mourinho wanted to sell him but Joel liked him so we had to keep him.

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:20 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I much rather rashford play on the wing as he is a better player from there but I guess this all but confirms him playing as a Centre striker .

Casemiro Eriksen
Antony. Bruno. Sancho
Rashford

Most likely the midfield and attack will be the above. Just hope Eriksen has the legs
That’s my worry. Maybe bring him on later and let Scoddy loose and rough em up until then

Sam Allardyce

Unread 31-05-2023, 11:53 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
That’s my worry. Maybe bring him on later and let Scoddy loose and rough em up until then

Sam Allardyce
Big call, this means one of mcfred play. Both are terrible on the ball. We need midfielders who can ping a ball for the counter , out wide or over the top. It’s how he should approach the game. Play one of mcfred and you just know every time we do get the ball it will land to them and they’ll slow the game down, play the wrong pass , or misplace the pass.

Big decision, play Eriksen have more control and ability in midfield when we do get the ball but be prepared to have less legs and cover defensively.

Play one of mcfred, have more energy presence in defence but sacrifice the ability to create .

(Ideally he plays a 433 but I cannot see him switching his formation when he hasn’t done so all season)

Maybe play Eriksen and then bring mcfred on for 60 mins if we are in the lead. If sabitzer was fit him in a 433 with Casemiro and Eriksen would have been nice

Unread 31-05-2023, 12:19 PM
windy waffles

He has to go this summer.

Quite telling that ETH mentioned needing someone else to score goals alongside Rashford but no mention of Martial.

He's finished.

Unread 31-05-2023, 01:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Casemiro Eriksen
Antony. Bruno. Sancho
Rashford

I agree that is the most likely midfield. It is also the one most likely to get £#%&!ing destroyed by city.

Unread 03-06-2023, 08:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Incredible. Almost unbelievable.

Unread 03-06-2023, 08:42 AM
jem

Quote:
(Ideally he plays a 433 but I cannot see him switching his formation when he hasn’t done so all season)
villa home (some would say it's the only formation he plays, but still). however, the big difference there was having three competent ball players. unfortunately, sabi is one injury too many.

if fred plays the game of his life, it could work.

Unread 03-06-2023, 08:42 AM
Denis Irwell

Just be thankful that Woodwards £#%&!ed off. He’d have given him another 5 year contract to sit around the Phil Jones Suite

Unread 03-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
villa home (some would say it's the only formation he plays, but still). however, the big difference there was having three competent ball players. unfortunately, sabi is one injury too many.

if fred plays the game of his life, it could work.
He only plays 433?

Leaning towards more playing 3 CMs not Bruno . Say Casemiro Fred Eriksen today would be nice. Bruno left Sancho right.

I’d be ver surprised if it happens . Based on injuries and a lack of actual CF there’s no real combination/formation that I could say would be better than another. Every formation or team sheet has argument to be changed. We don’t have that fixed best strongest XI out today. I suppose we just have to trust ETH to put out what he thinks his best and hope the players can excecute it

Unread 03-06-2023, 11:38 AM
92ToBury

Ability, attitude, availability.

Can't even manage two out of those three most of the time.

If he's fragile, we need better medicals when we sign these £#%&!ers.
Could we persuade BUPA to sign him for scientific research?

Unread 03-06-2023, 12:23 PM
dunk

He’ll be here next year, we won’t sign 2 strikers, and probably won’t get the senior number 9 everyone craves, so will be a young ‘un that’ll start life on the bench while AM is fit, make a couple of sub appearances showing us the difference between someone young and hungry to play and Big Tone, at which point there’ll be some sulking, an injury or 5 and he’ll disappear to the bench forever..

Unread 03-06-2023, 12:27 PM
armchair

Perfect Jones replacement.