United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-01-2023, 12:09 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Unfair on Rashford I think. They’d have known each other since teenagers, and hard as it is to believe now, at one time Rashford would have really looked up to him as someone who’d gone from the academy and broken into the first team. Bonds like that you form when young are hard to break, especially when you’re still spending every day together into your 20’s. Surely we all have that one mate from childhood that’s a bit of a #@&%!head and has never really grown up?
No they wouldn't. Rashford is six years younger. They didn't even play in the same team...

Unread 21-01-2023, 12:49 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No they wouldn't. Rashford is six years younger. They didn't even play in the same team...
What is special about coming through the academy at Manchester United?

Rashford: "The biggest thing I can say is it's like one big family, even though he [Lingard] is four or five years older than me. When you are at U11s and U16s everyone is mingling together and you share the same canteen and whatever you do everyone does it together. That's the biggest thing that sticks with you."

Cheers.

Unread 21-01-2023, 01:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What is special about coming through the academy at Manchester United?

Rashford: "The biggest thing I can say is it's like one big family, even though he [Lingard] is four or five years older than me. When you are at U11s and U16s everyone is mingling together and you share the same canteen and whatever you do everyone does it together. That's the biggest thing that sticks with you."

Cheers.
Apologies.

Unread 21-01-2023, 01:29 PM
believe

That must have been Zlatans excuse when he was 35 and getting his little minions to dance for him and make funny videos.

Unread 19-03-2023, 08:51 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Like a virus, he's successfully infecting the entire Forrest dressing room by the looks of things.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YB5sEAnCUq4

No coincidence that Rashers is playing the best football of his life now that this dancing gimp has been lanced from the club like a boil.

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:39 PM
red in cumbria

Had genuinely forgotten he existed until this thread was bumped.

Beanz!

Unread 20-03-2023, 04:08 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Like a virus, he's successfully infecting the entire Forrest dressing room by the looks of things.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YB5sEAnCUq4

No coincidence that Rashers is playing the best football of his life now that this dancing gimp has been lanced from the club like a boil.
THat's basically his job now. Dressing room jester. Wonder where he'll end up after this season.

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Released by Forest?

#bringhimhome

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:36 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Can't understand why they wouldn't keep giving 200k a week? If only for his efforts for making Forest relevant on social media.

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Squandered what talent he had and an opportunity most of us would have killed for. Suspect he was beset by self doubt and a desire to be the class clown. Bad combination. He had a decent spell under LvG and Mou.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:11 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Squandered what talent he had and an opportunity most of us would have killed for. Suspect he was beset by self doubt and a desire to be the class clown. Bad combination. He had a decent spell under LvG and Mou.
Or, he's amassed a massive fortune with a bit of talent and pace, while acting like a £#%&!ing belm and now he has been found out.

Scored a beauty in the cup final though, so swings and roundabouts.

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:31 PM
NedKelly

Bring him home?

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:38 PM
Curtis

Just let the £#%&!ing cretin fade away. Along with this thread.

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Hyman_Roth

He’s mentioned he would like to be a lead actor in films like Interstellar and then get into film production.

Seems a realistic ambition for a grown man with the mental age of a 5 year old.

Being rejected by Notts Forest. Wow.

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:50 PM
naes_sean

Wasn't he just on a one year contract anyways?

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Wasn't he just on a one year contract anyways?
Yes, but they're announcing those players that they won't be retaining the registrations for, i.e. end of contract, not renewing.

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:53 PM
Finport Red

The players released fall into two categories, most of them ‘no hopes’, with at least one player labelled ‘has beans’

Unread 02-06-2023, 03:00 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
The players released fall into two categories, most of them ‘no hopes’, with at least one player labelled ‘has beans’

Unread 02-06-2023, 03:15 PM
windy waffles

£10m they paid him for his efforts.

Dear me...

Unread 02-06-2023, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
£10m they paid him for his efforts.

Dear me...
effort is very kind way of putting it