United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:50 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’d knock Garnacho down to 3rd choice off the left. Seems pointless imo.

seems pointless

Unread 31-05-2023, 06:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

seems pointless
You’re labouring under the misapprehension that he’s someone for the future.

Rashford coming off a 30 goal season and an exciting debut season for Garnacho which has everyone wanting to see more and you want to sign a 31/32 year old Brazilian that turns up for 2/3’s of a season at best and will want paying more than anyone and plays in their position almost exclusively.

Yes. Pointless. The absolute opposite of what United should be doing.

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:07 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I mean if you watch him play off either foot he has the best touch on the pitch of any player. Best weight of pass, best vision & can use either to beat a player or score from distance etc.

Talent alone is no measure of your usefulness as a player. But if you put Neymar’s ability with someone like Haaland’s professionalism and dedication you’d have the best player available.

Just because he can do outrageous things and has done for 10 years it doesn’t mean I have any appetite to see him play for us. But his YouTube highlight reel will show you him walking past players like they’re not there and we have endured absolute cart horses up front for us who can’t do the basics.

There’s a reason when he was at Barca and alongside Messi and Suarez they were wining everything and taking the piss.

Pretending he’s not an extraordinarily talented player is being disingenuous in the extreme. He’s equally as unlikeable as he is talented and I think that clouds a lot of peoples thoughts about him.
I've watched him play loads. He's talented with a football. "Best" and "outrageous" are a massive stretch though. He'd be handier on tiktok than in the Premier League.

And he's nowhere near as good as his reputation suggests. He's got nothing Anthony hasn't.

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:11 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I've watched him play loads. He's talented with a football. He'd be handier on tiktok than in the Premier League.

And he's nowhere near as good as his reputation suggests. He's got nothing Anthony hasn't.
well he has but lets not make this about how good or bad antony is.

ETH would get the best out of him nqat.

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
like it or lump that's the way it is.
it's like it or play it out from the back retaining possession and move between the lines, buddy.

neymar's a £#%&!ing @#%&!. but it's not my money, so.... as long as we get the players we need as well...

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:21 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's like it or play it out from the back retaining possession and move between the lines, buddy.

neymar's a £#%&!ing @#%&!. but it's not my money, so.... as long as we get the players we need as well...
bruno is a £#%&!ing @#%&! but he's our @#%&!

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:28 PM
silv

no way

we need proper talented grafters

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:29 PM
Dr Stranger

It’s not about his talent. It’s about the profile and personality. Simply saying “he’s miles better than what we have” doesn’t cut it. So was Ronaldo and that ended terribly. ETH is building a culture and having some incest-thirsty tart buggering off every six weeks is the last thing we need.

Hard pass.

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:33 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

him rashford and a striker as a front three
sancho, antony and diallo as back up!
I'm just going to assume you don't know how to spell Garnacho?

Unread 01-06-2023, 01:44 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s not about his talent. It’s about the profile and personality. Simply saying “he’s miles better than what we have” doesn’t cut it. So was Ronaldo and that ended terribly. ETH is building a culture and having some incest-thirsty tart buggering off every six weeks is the last thing we need.

Hard pass.
Ronaldo was older and over the hill with a team that was £#%&!ing shit to go with it. Did his best in his first season and his legs went that summer.

Even Messi cannot fix PSG, Neymar has something to prove after the last couple of shitty injury filled frustrating years. ETH will sort it all.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:43 AM
jem

simon stone says he's going to al-hilal.

neymar, that is. not stone. he's sinking. like a... um....

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:12 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Done dealio. 90m
Closed Thread