United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
he will not go without a pay off.... The gimps will not want to pay out his contract, so he is here till any targets in his contract is not met and he can be fired at a discount..
You see I don't understand this thinking.

I thought we were run by people obsessed with money. how is risking the 40-50m of being in the champions league (including all the sponsors that brings) by not sacking him in order to save a 12m pay off good business sense?

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I thought we were run by people obsessed with money. how is risking the 40-50m of being in the champions league (including all the sponsors that brings) by not sacking him in order to save a 12m pay off good business sense?
They probably also know that it'll cost another £500m for any new guy to turn this around and they won't want to do that.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Because they are "business people" in the same way as Trump, no concept of the long term.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
And now we've lost out on Ranieri too.

We'll probably go for southgate next ffs
Nailed on imo

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Add the PR effect of being known as the most hideous team to watch in Europe, not exactly an attractive pitch to sponsors or in helping us attract signings.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Nailed on imo
Better off sticking with England at present, and he probably realises that too.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

£#%&! off Mourinho

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:59 PM
utd99

Give the Doc another crack. He has unfinished business here.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Sparky***

Mourinho: 'There are people who have a bad dinner, there is people that will enjoy a nice dinner and there will even be people that will party. I think that's the way it is.'

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Mourinho: 'There are people who have a bad dinner, there is people that will enjoy a nice dinner and there will even be people that will party. I think that's the way it is.'
Yeah, and you £#%&!ing bought them or pick them.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yes.

Said it weeks back. We'll win enough games and throw around enough false dawns to keep the sack from happening.... but as the margin for error narrows when the season goes on, the gimps will start to shit themselves.

The only thing that will get him sacked is some crazily bad run of results .

Top four looking unlikely won't be enough .
Could easily happen, even with our generous fixture list before the turn of the year. Mourinho's relationship with his players just can't be good. When you go out of your way to criticise them the way he did this week and you get today's response - you're in trouble.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Right then........Que??

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
can't argue with that, tbh.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Could easily happen, even with our generous fixture list before the turn of the year. Mourinho's relationship with his players just can't be good. When you go out of your way to criticise them the way he did this week and you get today's response - you're in trouble.
That’s correct. There’s also a version which says they deserve the criticism and it’s God’s own truth; just depends where you put your focus I guess.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That’s correct. There’s also a version which says they deserve the criticism and it’s God’s own truth; just depends where you put your focus I guess.
It's just easy targets. Got a £75m lump up front who hasn't scored in months, a £40m midfielder who can't run, a £60m midfielder who can't get a game, a £400k per week signing who is £#%&!, oh and the star player hates me.

But I'll just take the easy road and call Luke Shaw and Jesse Lingard wimps instead.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:11 PM
armchair

We all knew it was £#%&!ed from the moment it became obvious he was going to live in a hotel. We should've just managed his exit from that point on.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:12 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
He wants the sack and his pay day.. The shite he has been coming out with screams ' SACK ME PLEASE', the £#%&!er does not care about results, he is hanging around waiting for his pay day, one of the golden rules of football management is never hang your players out to dry, yet this £#%&!er is at it every week...

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:13 PM
dunk

Been after the sack since pre-season imo.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Been after the sack since pre-season imo.
Yep, you don't say the sort of things he did then if you are happy in your job.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:17 PM
caliban

In some bizarre and completely cynical world, I imagine him doing all this as revenge for us not appointing him after Fergie’s departure.
Closed Thread