Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
There you go.
No. I meant what I said thanks.

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Brilliant goalkeeper. We don't have any other players who are as good in their positions as he is in his.
Nope. Not having that. 3 years ago, maybe, but he’s been chucking them in for some time now.

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:36 PM
armchair

It's shocking how shit he's become.

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:42 PM
NedKelly

Who was it who got the best out of him again?

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:43 PM
armchair

He was shit coming for crosses under fergie but he still made great saves and didn't throw in many.

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He was shit coming for crosses under fergie but he still made great saves and didn't throw in many.
Can’t believe he’s still so bad on crosses. It’s been his biggest flaw for years - absolutely 0 development

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:58 PM
goldfinger II

Maybe his experience with Spain is a factor, but I think it's more a problem of desire than confidence.

The nature of the mistakes is telling. Dopey, slow to react, being caught off guard. His problem isn't fear, it's concentration. He reminds me of Rooney in his latter years - he just looks like a player whose fire has gone out.

I think he'll get gradually worse.

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:58 PM
armchair

I remember in his first couple of seasons suggesting he should be loaned out to a rugby league side to toughen him up.

Unread 22-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Can’t believe he’s still so bad on crosses. It’s been his biggest flaw for years - absolutely 0 development
He can't dominate his box in general, physically and mentally lacking. Always looks scared.

Can make some of the best reaction saves I've ever seen, but really lacking in other crucial areas.

Unread 22-06-2020, 07:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He can't dominate his box in general, physically and mentally lacking. Always looks scared.

Can make some of the best reaction saves I've ever seen, but really lacking in other crucial areas.
Absolutely. I wonder if he was ever that brilliant or if, because our defence was so woeful at points we gave him a free pass due to the reaction saves more often than not being the only thing that saved us losing some games.

Unread 22-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I remember in his first couple of seasons suggesting he should be loaned out to a rugby league side to toughen him up.
The opposition used to target him

Unread 22-06-2020, 08:29 PM
AK14

Cash in imo

Psg so he can link up with lover boy Herrera maybe?

Unread 23-06-2020, 04:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Absolutely detest him now. Sell the @#%&! ASAP. If we let Henderson go and keep this @#%&! it's absolutely criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's not a concern. A better defensive midfielder that build attacks & a world class right sided attacker are where the money should be going. Henderson is not as good a keeper as De Gea is yet, he can have one more year out to prove he can do it every week in the league & if they get European football even better. We'd still get suitors for De Gea, and if I'm honest I'd probably even be tempted to cash in on both of them & sign Oblak instead should we have to get to that point.
He's a huge concern. Cost us the game the other night.

Unread 23-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Lok

It has gone on for too long now. For a period of time he was untouchable but other than Spurs away last season, I'm struggling to remember a game where he was amazing.

And the amount of goals he chucks in now is ridiculous.

Unread 23-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Whip Hubley

I think he's probably gotten away with his form longer than he should because of the other problems we've had. For example, if he'd gone through this where we were stable and the rest of the team was relatively sound, he'd have been gone. Additionally while Romero is a great number 2 he's not a serious threat to ddgs place.

There's better out there and if we're really serious about getting back to the top his position should be considered under threat if he doesn't sort himself out pronto. Henderson should be brought back for competition next season at the absolute least.

Unread 23-06-2020, 09:05 AM
jem

the goal against spurs wasn't down to concentration or confidence, but rather down to trying to punch block a swerving, wet ball. that's just poor technique.

Unread 23-06-2020, 09:25 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the goal against spurs wasn't down to concentration or confidence, but rather down to trying to punch block a swerving, wet ball. that's just poor technique.
If you watch the replay, if his hand wasnt there and he wasnt trying to punch it, his whole body was behind the ball and he would have saved it. The goal is his fault , like you said. Poor technique

Unread 23-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He's a huge concern. Cost us the game the other night.
Our inability to create or score consistently cost us the game. Only registering from a penalty, our 12th () of the season, in a term where we've scored fewer than Spurs who are 8th.

Unread 23-06-2020, 09:56 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Absolutely detest him now.
Rational.

Unread 23-06-2020, 01:56 PM
Stickman

His time’s looking up.
Closed Thread