United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2020, 11:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Pogba / VDB - Fred - Mctommers

That works for me, Matic in if we need some calm on the ball but Fred and McT give you the legs and the workrate, nqat.

Pogba and Matic should never play in a 2 ever again, ever.
Not against a team that presses as furiously as that anyway. Horses for courses and all that.

Unread 28-10-2020, 11:33 PM
bosskeano

love Matic but honestly he's past it against quality sides in Europe....he's going to be a cup player for the most part or play against some of the lesser teams when we are expected to dominate the ball and he just needs to be there as a covering mid/3 CB

it's clear that Fred isn't great on the ball but he and McT have formed a brilliant partnership and the stats don't lie when those two start together.

we have 5 quality midfielders right now and that doesn't include Matic so we just have to find the right balance of when to mix up the two guys in the middle playing under Bruno or Donny

Unread 29-10-2020, 05:39 AM
puressence

no surprise were not shipping in bucketloads when these two play , the team needs energy and legs .these two id argue run more than anyone over 90 mins . they started to build up in january , then were completely thrown overboard when pogba came back which was wrong .

Unread 29-10-2020, 06:52 AM
utd99

Matic shit. I think you people are £#%&!ing blind sometimes.

He’s still got the best touch, positional awareness and passing technique of any of our deeper midfielders; he just doesn’t have the legs anymore. Still an asset in what he can do in most games and what he can teach McT in particular.

Unread 29-10-2020, 07:15 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Bunks wishes

Unread 29-10-2020, 08:02 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

He’s still got the best touch, positional awareness and passing technique of any of our deeper midfielders; he just doesn’t have the legs anymore. Still an asset in what he can do in most games and what he can teach McT in particular.
I feel like many can’t seperate him from Mourinho.

Unread 29-10-2020, 10:21 AM
sweetleftfoot

People wanting Fred out of the team are absolute

Lad goes at 100mph for 90 minutes. If he was playing against us last night the sages would have been wetting their kecks.

But his passing is poor... he isn't there to create, he is there to regain possession and stop the opposition playing. He is superb at it.

And him and Scotty McT are the kings of shithousery. Long may it continue.

Unread 29-10-2020, 11:30 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
People wanting Fred out of the team are absolute

Lad goes at 100mph for 90 minutes. If he was playing against us last night the sages would have been wetting their kecks.

But his passing is poor... he isn't there to create, he is there to regain possession and stop the opposition playing. He is superb at it.

And him and Scotty McT are the kings of shithousery. Long may it continue.
The formation suited him. As does 3 5 2. I think in a 4 2 3 1 he is exposed. I said last night if our forwards are linking well he will have a good game. Whenever the onus is on him to create or score a goal from nothing he never does. He is a good "engine midfielder" to have if we have 2 other central midfielders on the pitch.

Slight issue is when we have struggled to create or break down its your central midfielders who have most of the ball and are expected to start the moves of which he doesnt have the ability to. Brilliant in games on the counter against the "bigger" teams but when we have to break down a team he struggles

He also gets caught out easily in a 2 man midfield. Over the course of a season he will have many good games but many bad games. Like most of our players he excels in one department but absolutely shithouses another.

He is ok for us now but sadly he wont be part of a 2 man central midfield that wins you the league. ( hope im proven wrong)

Unread 29-10-2020, 02:18 PM
bosskeano

Solskjaer told the club website: “The work off the ball was incredible from all four of them. That’s the basis of the team.

“If you work and work and win the ball in good situations to create chances. Fred covered every single blade of grass on that pitch.

“I just hope he recovers for the next one. The squad is good and gives us options – 4-3-3, a diamond, 4-2-1-3 or whatever we want to call it.”

Unread 29-10-2020, 02:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Can't we just be happy that it feels like we have really solid strength in depth in the midfield for the first time in what feels like £#%&!ing decades?

Matic
McTom
Fred
VDB
Pogba
Bruno
Mata

Whichever way you look at it that is an oustanding group of players to be able to pick from...

Unread 29-10-2020, 02:33 PM
bosskeano

i know you've had ex players coming out and questioning why Beek was signed but that list really shows why....and yes it's nice to finally see some depth and strength in midfield

It's a solid solid group but you have two ageing players in Matic and Mata so you bring in a guy like Donny who can play a couple of different roles without really any drop off in ability to perform

Unread 29-10-2020, 03:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Can't we just be happy that it feels like we have really solid strength in depth in the midfield for the first time in what feels like £#%&!ing decades?

Matic
McTom
Fred
VDB
Pogba
Bruno
Mata

Whichever way you look at it that is an oustanding group of players to be able to pick from...
It's a very strong squad now. Options all over the pitch. Even at centre back Tuanzebe is pushing for a starting place.

Unread 29-10-2020, 03:10 PM
bosskeano

the squad is strong for sure but still a little short out wide which is why i believe you've seen that switch to the diamond a couple times this season

Unread 29-10-2020, 03:11 PM
believe

Looks like Woodward is owed a few apologies.

Unread 29-10-2020, 03:24 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
why would that be?

Unread 29-10-2020, 03:26 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
why would that be?
We’ve now got a quality in depth squad apparently.

Unread 29-10-2020, 09:43 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:
That's not actually what I said you big Glazer bumder

Unread 30-10-2020, 03:00 AM
Swagger

Poor mans Ince + Keane.

Unread 30-10-2020, 08:47 AM
utd99

Quote:
The strength of the squad is improving. How could it not?

Unread 30-10-2020, 08:51 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
6 years, 4 managers and a billion quid later, we have some squad depth.

Job well done
Closed Thread