Unread 25-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't want him gone.

But i don't make the decisions

and results speak for themselves.

No point getting the hump with me.
I'm not getting the hump pal, just stop chatting shit...

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If we continue this form, he wont last until Christmas.
I guess Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal will also be looking for new managers.

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'm not getting the hump pal, just stop chatting shit...
No YOU stop

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:15 PM
Buck

A statement win on Monday night can kickstart the season. A big home game is exactly what we need to get fired up.

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah including facts about things that have happened definitely makes it worse.
Weren’t you calling for 3 years no matter what few days ago?

You’ve got staying power, I’ll give you that.

Unread 26-09-2019, 01:08 AM
goldfinger II

Of course Ole should stay.

What could a new manager do to make this current squad better? Make Rashford spend more time in the six yard box? Make Matic younger? Make Pogba care? Make Shaw thin and intelligent?

All a new manager would give us now is another dose of "new manager bounce," which is £#%&! all use to us in the grander scheme of things. Don't get any fancy ideas about January either - there'll be no big signings made then unless it's one of Woodward's specials, and they don't work out too well.

I don't know what people expected when we signed no midfielders and no forwards, barring a kid from Swansea. We are extremely light in both departments because of the club's failure in the transfer market. It's no mystery that we struggle to score goals. These results and performances are not surprising.

Ole isn't perfect but he's alright. His style is not so pronounced or distinctive or defined as that of Guardiola or Klopp or van Gaal etc., but I don't think it's accurate to suggest he has "no style" - I think that's really suggesting he has no idea, and no tactical sense. Did he also have no tactical sense when we beat Spurs away last year, or Arsenal away?

You can see that he wants his team to be high up the pitch. He plays with 4 forwards with Pogba behind them and full-backs pushing up - that's quite attack-minded and brave. It might not be working but you can see what he wants. We might be passing the ball badly, but at least we're not lumping it up the £#%&!ing pitch to 2 far away strikers.

Things will only, and can only, get better when we have a core of quality players with good attitudes, who can create a higher standard of play and desire and professionalism amongst the players, and carry the team forward. It is mainly a recruitment issue, but bringing through young players will help. Ole has made 3 good signings and he has given The Scottish Player his head. Other youngsters will break through under him too. I imagine he would have been desparate to sign more players in the summer but that isn't up to him.

I really don't know what else he can do with this group other than nurse us through this period until the squad can be strengthened by new signings, developed youngsters and exorcised shit@#%&!s.

I trust Ole to perform this arduous task with dignity and dilligence. I hope he is still here when it's complete. We are lucky to have a proper United man in charge at this moment. We should back him all the way. There's really no reason not to.

Unread 26-09-2019, 01:13 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II

What could a new manager do to make this current squad better? Make Rashford spend more time in the six yard box? Make Matic younger? Make Pogba care? Make Shaw thin and intelligent?

All a new manager would give us now is another dose of "new manager bounce," which is £#%&! all use to us in the grander scheme of things. Don't get any fancy ideas about January either - there'll be no big signings made then unless it's one of Woodward's specials, and they don't work out too well.

I don't know what people expected when we signed no midfielders and no forwards, barring a kid from Swansea. We are extremely light in both departments because of the club's failure in the transfer market. It's no mystery that we struggle to score goals. These results and performances are not surprising.

Ole isn't perfect but he's alright. His style is not so pronounced or distinctive or defined as that of Guardiola or Klopp or van Gaal etc., but I don't think it's accurate to suggest he has "no style" - I think that's really suggesting he has no idea, and no tactical sense. Did he also have no tactical sense when we beat Spurs away last year, or Arsenal away?

You can see that he wants his team to be high up the pitch. He plays with 4 forwards with Pogba behind them and full-backs pushing up - that's quite attack-minded and brave. It might not be working but you can see what he wants. We might be passing the ball badly, but at least we're not lumping it up the £#%&!ing pitch to 2 far away strikers.

Things will only, and can only, get better when we have a core of quality players with good attitudes, who can create a higher standard of play and desire and professionalism amongst the players, and carry the team forward. It is mainly a recruitment issue, but bringing through young players will help. Ole has made 3 good signings and he has given The Scottish Player his head. Other youngsters will break through under him too. I imagine he would have been desparate to sign more players in the summer but that isn't up to him.

I really don't know what else he can do with this group other than nurse us through this period until the squad can be strengthened by new signings, developed youngsters and exorcised shit@#%&!s.

I trust Ole to perform this arduous task with dignity and dilligence. I hope he is still here when it's complete. We are lucky to have a proper United man in charge at this moment. We should back him all the way. There's really no reason not to.
Unread 26-09-2019, 01:24 AM
n48

What would folk expect if they saw in another side?: lack of goal threat; relatively inexperienced at top level aside from a few old/out of form players; likes to play attacking but naive football and a relatively unproven manager.

Unread 26-09-2019, 05:25 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Excellent post

Unread 26-09-2019, 05:55 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Unread 26-09-2019, 07:06 AM
barca99

Blaming the players for been shit is fine, they are shit.

But how is a manager who has only managed a non leagie team going to make them better.

Said it ourselves fitness is down and we have no way of playing. Ole is with them day in day out, what the £#%&! has he got them doing

A top manager would get this group of players playing something resembling football. Ole is so far from been a top manager that he never will be.

Hes one of us yes and a club legend and always will be but he has no clue so no idea why people have so much faith in him.

When he leaves no top club in the world will come for him, whys that?

Unread 26-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Curtis

Quote:

Spot on.

Unread 26-09-2019, 07:20 AM
redredemption77

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Blaming the players for been shit is fine, they are shit.

But how is a manager who has only managed a non leagie team going to make them better.

Said it ourselves fitness is down and we have no way of playing. Ole is with them day in day out, what the £#%&! has he got them doing

A top manager would get this group of players playing something resembling football. Ole is so far from been a top manager that he never will be.

Hes one of us yes and a club legend and always will be but he has no clue so no idea why people have so much faith in him.

When he leaves no top club in the world will come for him, whys that?
If individually, the players are seriously lacking in talent, know how, fitness then how can a distinguishable style of play even appear? Could Klopp get Mata Lingard Rashford to run/finish/press like the scouse front 3? We cant even use the "greater than the sum of its parts" mantra because the parts really are woeful.

Weve had 2 managers try and "improve" these players. One with a better CV than any manager out there, and he looked worse than our non-league Norweigan fella.

As you said the players are shit. Work is being done to rectify that. Nobody will argue for a stay of execution with ANY of our departing players. Very few will argue against our best 3 players being ones Ole has brought in.

The real issue is we all want it quicker and we want it now. Blaming Ole for having to put Lingard upfront or having no midfielders is not on him. He isnt bulletproof, but its ridiculous to suggest youd get rid of someone a quarter of a way through a project.

Therell be more performances like last night and West Ham. But im confident wel also put a decent show against better teams too.

Patience.

Unread 26-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Jethro

Quote:

Superb post

Unread 26-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Weren’t you calling for 3 years no matter what few days ago?

You’ve got staying power, I’ll give you that.
Read what i'm saying.

Read.

What.

I'm.

Saying.

Unread 26-09-2019, 08:07 AM
ZiggyStardust

What Ole needs to do is get a grip on this team

It's OK telling the lads to go out there and express yourselves but when Macros £#%&!ing Rojo decides to interpret that as have a shot on goal everytime he crosses the halfway line then we have a complete breakdown in having any structure to our play
I believe he had 7 shots in 1st half from £#%&!ing left back

Unread 26-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

It's OK telling the lads to go out there and express yourselves but when Macros £#%&!ing Rojo decides to interpret that as have a shot on goal everytime he crosses the halfway line then we have a complete breakdown in having any structure to our play
Draggers said in the match thread him and the lads had a first scorer bet...

So blame draggers and the fun time boys imo..

Unread 26-09-2019, 08:15 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

That’s crazy and shows a lack of discipline and structure to our play, and that falls on Ole’s shoulders.

I think the rumours of players not being happy with the level of training etc could actually be true you know.

Seeing Ole standing on the touch line with his hands in his pocket and looking uncomfortable when the kick takers were being chosen was horrible to see. Last night was the first time he's looked like a beaten man, really do feel for the guy.

Unread 26-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That’s crazy and shows a lack of discipline and structure to our play, and that falls on Ole’s shoulders.

I think the rumours of players not being happy with the level of training etc could actually be true you know.

Seeing Ole standing on the touch line with his hands in his pocket and looking uncomfortable when the kick takers were being chosen was horrible to see. Last night was the first time he's looked like a beaten man, really do feel for the guy.
Replace 'Ole' with 'Mourinho' and we're right back to where we were last year.

The players weren't happy with training under the toxic one either, same shit, different manager.

I honestly believe the squad is full of lazy spoilt @#%&!s who are spreading a disease through the squad, and that no manger, no matter how successful they have been in the past or may be in the future could get anything close to some sort of cohesion and team spirit out of these mard-arse @#%&!s who only want to complain and pick up their pay cheque for turning up and doing the bare minimum effort they can be arsed to put in to training and competing on the pitch.

Ole stays, shits @#%&!s out.

Unread 26-09-2019, 08:46 AM
barca99

At the end of the day you cant give someone time no matter who it is if this kind of form continues.

The team put out last night is capable of beating Rochdale, when the team fails to deliver its one mans fault unfortunately.

Losing at home to Palace - that team was miles better than the Palace team - one mans fault again i'm afraid.

You can lose to City, Liverpool, Barcelona and hold your hands up and say the team / squad isn't good enough.

When you win 5/20 and cant even beat Rochdale, i'm sorry but that isn't Eds fault for not signing Messi

If that was Mourinho last night he would be slated to high heaven for failing to motivate his players.
Closed Thread