United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2016, 06:29 AM
ziggyman17

Default Robbo.. Deary Me..

Giving orders by the club to put it out there..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Unread 15-03-2016, 07:19 AM
guerreiro

He's was saying the same about a month ago. Just presumed he was pissed.

Unread 15-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Cream

I don't know why he's bringing up Pep as an example of a former player who went into management. Surely there's a former United legend he could compare Giggs to?

Unread 15-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I don't know why he's bringing up Pep as an example of a former player who went into management. Surely there's a former United legend he could compare Giggs to?

Jethro

Is anyone surprised? Expect a lot more of this in the coming months.

Tumescent Throb

not sure anyone can justifiably disagree with what robson is saying tbh...

i think knowing united is looking increasingly like it might be a distinct advantage for the united job at this time.

Unread 15-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Giving orders by the club to put it out there..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html
But Mou has already got the job according to many on here smoke and mirrors?

Unread 15-03-2016, 08:22 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not sure anyone can justifiably disagree with what robson is saying tbh...

i think knowing united is looking increasingly like it might be a distinct advantage for the united job at this time.
In getting the job, or in succeeding at it?

Unread 15-03-2016, 08:59 AM
The taste of...

The Lawman

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:06 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
The Lawman
Looking like John Cooper Clarke on Only Connect last night

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Child of Darkness

Bobby charlton was a tremendous manager also .

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I don't know why he's bringing up Pep as an example of a former player who went into management.
It's a baffling and ridiculous point that people continue to make in regards to Giggs becoming manager. Nobody seems to mention the world-class team that Guardiola inherited with 3 of the best players in the world and probably football history at core of it.

The fact that Guardiola's greatest managerial achievement has already been equaled by his first full-time replacement in Luis Enrique should give you an idea of exactly how hard it was taking over modern day Barcelona.

Still, £#%&! it. Give the job to Giggs, why not, eh? What could possibly go wrong? It's bound to work because you know, Guardiola and that. Because that's exactly how football works. Just get a manager who used to play for your team and that's it, job's a good 'un. I'm sure a man who got Middlesbrough relegated with Ravanelli and Juninho up front knows exactly what it takes to be a successful football manager.

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
In getting the job, or in succeeding at it?
it's pretty obvious that there is no magic wand...

If the main candidate is mourinho then he's just failed spectacularly at chelsea. the only argument is whether him winning the league last season is enough for you to ignore the mess he's left behind 6 months later...

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's a baffling and ridiculous point that people continue to make in regards to Giggs becoming manager. Nobody seems to mention the world-class team that Guardiola inherited with 3 of the best players in the world and probably football history at core of it.

The fact that Guardiola's greatest managerial achievement has already been equaled by his first full-time replacement in Luis Enrique should give you an idea of exactly how hard it was taking over modern day Barcelona.

Still, £#%&! it. Give the job to Giggs, why not, eh? What could possibly go wrong? It's bound to work because you know, Guardiola and that. Because that's exactly how football works. Just get a manager who used to play for your team and that's it, job's a good 'un. I'm sure a man who got Middlesbrough relegated with Ravanelli and Juninho up front knows exactly what it takes to be a successful football manager.
And Pep (and co) managed the Barca B team. Got them promoted.

Giggs has caretaker managed us for a few games, and it wasn't great.

At this stage I would compare him to Mike Phelan. I don't want Phelan.

Quote:
it's pretty obvious that there is no magic wand...

If the main candidate is mourinho then he's just failed spectacularly at chelsea. the only argument is whether him winning the league last season is enough for you to ignore the mess he's left behind 6 months later...
Yes, yes it is.

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Zorg

Quote:

It's the same kind of thinking that led to the assumption that Moyes would inevitably turn into a great manager, because, you know, Ferguson and that.

Citing complete one-offs as inevitabilities, basically.

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's the same kind of thinking that led to the assumption that Moyes would inevitably turn into a great manager, because, you know, Ferguson and that.

Citing complete one-offs as inevitabilities, basically.
It just shows the monumental hubris and arrogance that runs through the club - and most of the support to be honest. They're so utterly clueless that they honestly think it's no difference (or even worse - a better idea) to give the manager's job to a man with zero managerial experience other than being an integral part of a 3 year period of largely utter misery and failure, than give the job to another guy who's had one bad 5 month period in 12 years of relentless success.

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Tumescent Throb

as I say, it's nonsense to say you know giggs would fail, especially when the guy you say you know will succeed has just failed so spectacularly.

mentoring giggs and working towards a dream of the cco92 running United for the next generation is absolutely the right idea.

saying you shouldn't cus it might not work is short-sighted, weasly, weak-minded and pathetic. and if it's none of those then it is just incredibly bitter.

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
It just shows the monumental hubris and arrogance that runs through the club - and most of the support to be honest. They're so utterly clueless that they honestly think it's no difference (or even worse - a better idea) to give the manager's job to a man with zero managerial experience other than being an integral part of a 3 year period of largely utter misery and failure, than give the job to another guy who's had one bad 5 month period in 12 years of relentless success.
Exhibit A. No evidence, no reasoning for his opinions other than. "It's absolutely the right idea".

Quote:
as I say, it's nonsense to say you know giggs would fail, especially when the guy you say you know will succeed has just failed so spectacularly.

mentoring giggs and working towards a dream of the cco92 running United for the next generation is absolutely the right idea.

saying you shouldn't cus it might not work is short-sighted, weasly, weak-minded and pathetic. and if it's none of those then it is just incredibly bitter.

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Tumescent Throb

you appear to have quoted a post that destroys you to try and prove your own point.

Unread 15-03-2016, 09:48 AM
Pop

Back on the piss again I see.

It's a £#%&!ing old boys club at Utd. Charlton (senile), Fergie (pished), Robson (atrocious manager), Schmeichel (utter @#%&!), Ferdinand (brap, brap), Yorke (Harvey), Hughes (championship manager at best) and Beckham (halfwit) have all thrown their weight behind him now. Every one of them should be told in no uncertain terms to £#%&! off.
Closed Thread