United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Reply
 
Unread 22-08-2018, 10:49 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

Get's better......banner has been cancelled due to "lighting issues" due to the time of the game.

Put back to Burnleh.
 
Unread 22-08-2018, 11:10 PM
The Stella Fella
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Get's better......banner has been cancelled due to "lighting issues" due to the time of the game.

Put back to Burnleh.
%@#$&!s

 
Unread 22-08-2018, 11:16 PM
dunk
 
Default

 
Unread 23-08-2018, 03:57 AM
Stickman
 
Default

love the drama tbh
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Lazlo Panaflex
 
Default

club is rapidly losing any dignity.

We're the britney spears of football and we've just shaved our heads.
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 07:46 AM
puressence
 
Default

rumours ed has got a sponsorship deal for the banner sorted and jose has paid for the plane

the absolute truth ..weve become not becoming weve actually become city pre 2008 .. absolute £#%&!ing shambles from top to bottom
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 08:35 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
We could do with them at our club with the amount of fannies we have.
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Lazlo Panaflex
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
A plane carrying a banner with the initials LUHG at the end to persuade the G to sack the bloke that makes them millions of pounds a year.

Might as well lay fifty pound notes out in the shape of Ed Out and set fire to them.
still laughing at this

might aswel say Sack yourselfs lads

at least the moyes thing was only about moyes. and it drew a lot of attention and pressure in the media.

I would honestly love to hear the reasoning for putting luhg on the end. And how they think it would achieve anything.
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 08:51 AM
Seamus
 
Default

Planes, ffs

we are a laughing stock
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

Football is dead . Utterly dead .

Cringeworthy @#%&!s
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 09:28 AM
puressence
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Football is dead . Utterly dead .

Cringeworthy @#%&!s
better than fc
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 09:54 AM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

So go on, how do you make your feelings known re ownership/structure as a supporter? To my mind, theyíre all shit to a greater or lesser degree.

Not go? But maybe you donít want to give up a massive part of your life simply because you donít like the owners?
Itís hardly possible to boo the glazers and ed at the match is it?
Start a new football club that turns into animal farm?
Wave green and gold scarfs around?
Rant on social media?
Hope and pray that sponsorship endorsement deals fall away?

Essentially match going supporters are almost entirely irrelevant to the financial model, weíre only there to make the stadium look decent on telly. So given our inability to make any noise about the shit soup weíve got, Iím not sure a plane banner is that bad a thing as long as the message is a bit better thought out.
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 09:55 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So go on, how do you make your feelings known re ownership/structure as a supporter? To my mind, theyíre all shit to a greater or lesser degree.

Not go? But maybe you donít want to give up a massive part of your life simply because you donít like the owners?
Itís hardly possible to boo the glazers and ed at the match is it?
Start a new football club that turns into animal farm?
Wave green and gold scarfs around?
Rant on social media?
Hope and pray that sponsorship endorsement deals fall away?

Essentially match going supporters are almost entirely irrelevant to the financial model, weíre only there to make the stadium look decent on telly. So given our inability to make any noise about the shit soup weíve got, Iím not sure a plane banner is that bad a thing as long as the message is a bit better thought out.
Moan on a forum whilst not going to games and streaming games when I can be arsed?

Like you say, fans are irrelevant now and are only needed to make stadiums look full and make the TV coverage better...

Over half the clubs in the PL would still turn a profit without them according to a report last week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Lazlo Panaflex
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Not go? But maybe you donít want to give up a massive part of your life simply because you donít like the owners?
Devil's advocate but isn't that a sacrifice you should be willing to make if you feel strongly enough?

but tbh I get the argument that it may be futile if everyone else ignores it.
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 09:58 AM
andyroo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Moan on a forum whilst not going to games and streaming games when I can be arsed?
Works for me
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Switching Off
 
Default

Staying outside till kick off would be worth a shot. It'd look shite on tv, even if it doesn't cost the Glazers anything, and Sky would at least have to acknowledge it. Even if everyone starts filing in at 8pm, it'd be ten minutes of emptiness.
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Hands of Scone
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So go on, how do you make your feelings known re ownership/structure as a supporter? To my mind, theyíre all shit to a greater or lesser degree.

Not go? But maybe you donít want to give up a massive part of your life simply because you donít like the owners?
Itís hardly possible to boo the glazers and ed at the match is it?
Start a new football club that turns into animal farm?
Wave green and gold scarfs around?
Rant on social media?
Hope and pray that sponsorship endorsement deals fall away?

Essentially match going supporters are almost entirely irrelevant to the financial model, weíre only there to make the stadium look decent on telly. So given our inability to make any noise about the shit soup weíve got, Iím not sure a plane banner is that bad a thing as long as the message is a bit better thought out.
We all have to let go of the idea of football being as it was when we grew up. The world has changed. You no longer count. You might as well claim allegiance to a supermarket for all the club cares about your insignificant ticket price. Let go of the attachment you feel to the club and watch the pantomime unfold like itís an episode of the Kardashians or continue to shout ineffectually into the abyss.
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 10:06 AM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Devil's advocate but isn't that a sacrifice you should be willing to make if you feel strongly enough?

but tbh I get the argument that it may be futile if everyone else ignores it.
Itís a dichotomy but itís the argument I used in 2005. Basically I liked going to United more than I was arsed about the ownership.

itís weak though and ultimately self defeating because Iíve ended up liking united/football less and less as time has gone on (which the owners have directly contributed to) to the point that Iím now not that arsed if the whole thing goes to shit (it has).

The owners arenít the only reason for that tbf
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
better than fc
Er did u not just say the club is now city pre 2008 an absolute shambles from top to bottom?

At least fc let you drink in the stands to blot out the shit on the pitch
 
Unread 23-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Jethro
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Staying outside till kick off would be worth a shot. It'd look shite on tv, even if it doesn't cost the Glazers anything, and Sky would at least have to acknowledge it. Even if everyone starts filing in at 8pm, it'd be ten minutes of emptiness.
Would have more of an impact than a £#%&!ing plane that's for sure
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: New plane, rumoured for Monday...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jadon Sancho rumoured to be late for training Drexl Football 6 02-01-2023 05:58 PM
Chris Smalling is rumoured in Italian media as the 'unvaccinated player at Roma' fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 06-01-2022 09:40 AM
Epson?! - Rumoured Glazer sale Coracao Football 59 19-11-2010 07:47 PM
Larry White is rumoured to have a gentleman's deal with Inter BryanRobson'sLiver Football 48 16-05-2010 10:35 PM
Ji-Sung Park's rumoured new contract PaulParkers Football 31 05-05-2010 11:47 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.